Trump vows to hit 52 Iranian targets if Iran retaliates after drone strike

rooster59

On 1/5/2020 at 9:43 AM, ezzra said:

Astonishing to see the juvenile and overly simplistic views in many of the comments here, as if Trump and the US are the bad guys here in Iran is just this underdog little helpless country who doesn't really understand what the world want from it and why they're being blamed for acts of aggression when all the they want to do is to protect their little peace loving country, many of the poster here either too young or too ignorant to learn from history of the middle east conflicts and of iran bloody history of wars and aggressions towards its neighbours and far away countries and iran hate anyone that is not a Shia, the US and Israel and will go to any length to show this hate... 

Thank the lord that your comments are not juvenile ,over simplistic and biased to a ridiculous degree.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Guitarzan said:

When Trump announces a pullout in Afghanistan, Pelosi and Schumer lost their marbles. Now he wants to stay they loose their minds!

The question remains what kind a vacuum would a pullout in the Middle East Create. 

I could imagine quite a few scenarios ... the Muslims would dominate the region and then spread out from there into neighboring countries and one by one they will fulfill their prophecy of world domination. Or China and Russia will swoop in and pick up the pieces. 

When I was a liberal I screamed and protested America’s presence in the Middle East. As I grew up I could see the big picture. Do I like it? No I do not, but sometimes reality is not likable. 

it appears we have so many guys here who are way smarter than Trump ... you may ask how I know they are smarter than Trump ... the answer is clear it’s because they call him stupid, an Orange man, an idiot.

Well, historical Iran have been the good guys compare to your best friends and allies USA have been controling and still have in their hands. However in a worst case scenario, Europe team up with Russia and China, just because that can be a better business partner than USA for future, since it seems USA just keeps friends because of business reasons, and nothing else than business. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Guitarzan said:

A warmonger?  Give me a break!  How many times has Trump tolerated Iran’s attacks?  They try and burn down the embassy, plot kid napping raids, and Trump is the warmonger!  

How many drone attacks on innocent people have USA done since start of drone attacks? How do you think the rest of the world look at USA? 

Wake up

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/5/2020 at 5:11 PM, Sujo said:

True, bit as we are contantly told, trump is not normal.

Especially it being a war he started.

Also stating he is targeting cultural sites, if he does he commits war crimes.

Nonsense, you have all of what you assumed,  "a war he started", wrong! Hezbollah is saying the same. propagander !  

"Gen. Jack Keane on Hezbollah threatening to retaliate for airstrike: 'Nonsense' that America started new war"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/jack-keane-hezbollah-airstrike-new-war-nonsense

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

Nonsense, you have all of what you assumed,  "a war he started", wrong! Hezbollah is saying the same. propagander !  

"Gen. Jack Keane on Hezbollah threatening to retaliate for airstrike: 'Nonsense' that America started new war"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/jack-keane-hezbollah-airstrike-new-war-nonsense

Are you getting emotionally involved?

7 hours ago, Guitarzan said:

When Trump announces a pullout in Afghanistan, Pelosi and Schumer lost their marbles. Now he wants to stay they loose their minds!

The question remains what kind a vacuum would a pullout in the Middle East Create. 

I could imagine quite a few scenarios ... the Muslims would dominate the region and then spread out from there into neighboring countries and one by one they will fulfill their prophecy of world domination. Or China and Russia will swoop in and pick up the pieces. 

When I was a liberal I screamed and protested America’s presence in the Middle East. As I grew up I could see the big picture. Do I like it? No I do not, but sometimes reality is not likable. 

it appears we have so many guys here who are way smarter than Trump ... you may ask how I know they are smarter than Trump ... the answer is clear it’s because they call him stupid, an Orange man, an idiot.

Yes, I would hope 'the Muslims finally get to dominate the region'.

I and I think many with me want the US to withdraw, but there has to be a strategic plan. That is why eg the west is training Iraqi security forces, part of a plan to be able to withdraw. At the moment it is acting on whims.

I am doubtful that unless you include small religious statues there are 52 things in Iran worthy of the money a missile costs. Just take their navy, refineries and then bunker blast their nuclear site. I know they say it is too far down for that but you can bomb every possible entry and exit. 

No way in and no way out. 

After that constant drone surveillance. 

The reason Iran isn't going to respond is they know the gloves will come off and that Iran will cease to exist.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tagged said:

How many drone attacks on innocent people have USA done since start of drone attacks?

I dont know. How many "innocents" have been killed by drone attacks?  War has a price. The difference between war and murder is not result, but intent.

7 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

The reason Iran isn't going to respond is they know the gloves will come off and that Iran will cease to exist.

I doubt we will need to destroy the whole country. Nor should we. They are already on the ropes economically. We can tit for tat them forever. Trumps bottom line is simple. No American dies. Kill an American,  you lose a naval base, or airfield, or power plant...or oil terminal. Keep doing that until they collapse and the decent people of Iran take over. Kim take note.

• Thanks 2

On 1/6/2020 at 11:52 AM, billd766 said:

About as much genius as sending an EXTRA 3,000 troops to Gulf after clearly stating that he does not want a war and he will pull US troops out of the area.

Never mind that he has already sent a carrier group, more aircraft and more troops to the area last year.

Sheer genius all right. ???? ???? ????

He is preparing for his next round of <deleted> decisions, Putin must be laughing his head off.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wayned said:

The 53rd would be the news agency that did a front page spread showing the crowds at Soleimani funeral with the headline: A dead man can draw 290 times the crowd the Trump will ever draw

290 refers to the number of victims from an Iranian civilian flight that was shot down by the US navy in the eighties. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Guitarzan said:

Historical, since when?  So Europe is gonna team up with Russia and China cause of economic reasons?  OK whatever you say!

USA is a sinking ship with Trump to save you. What can possible go wrong? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

I am doubtful that unless you include small religious statues there are 52 things in Iran worthy of the money a missile costs. Just take their navy, refineries and then bunker blast their nuclear site. I know they say it is too far down for that but you can bomb every possible entry and exit. 

No way in and no way out. 

After that constant drone surveillance. 

Crying .... you seem to be  100 %  in the " history is bunk  ' camp  !

• Like 2

Perhaps we shouldn't take these things too  seriously , after all , in a decade or two the US will probably be selling covert Tomahawk missiles to Iran , to encourage the moderates in the regime and  to skim  off the profits  ( unbeknown to congress ) to build a Mexican wall or whatever is the really important priority at that moment in time  .

It couldn't possibly happen of course and I am probably dreaming !

On 1/7/2020 at 12:08 AM, Guitarzan said:

quote "I could imagine quite a few scenarios ... the Muslims would dominate the region and then spread out from there into neighboring countries and one by one they will fulfill their prophecy of world domination."

If you look at a map of the region with the exception of Israel, the countries are all Muslim countries anyway as far east as India and they have a sizable Muslim population.

Having said that there is all of North Africa plus Turkey who are Muslim too. It is only when you go westwards and northwards from Greece can you find a non Muslim majority.

• Thanks 1