Bolton says he is willing to testify in Trump impeachment trial

webfact

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

Look who's talking.

Some choice quotes from Libs on Twitter:

"I've been paranoid all day that he will testify and lie for the administration because they took a more hawkish stance with Iran. Hope I"m wrong."

"I totally agree. All Bolton has ever wanted was conflict with Iran. So is this the deal he made with Trump, to pull his chestnuts out of the fire on National TV? It makes me wonder about perjury laws and if they are another casualty of this rotten administration."

"Bolton 'consulted' with McConnell prior to his announcement. I DO NOT TRUST ANY OF THIS"

"Trump started his war for him, these guys are into quid pro quo. Bolton is going to exonerate Trump."

I could go on.....

All this might or might not be true but it does not answer my question. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Look who's talking.

"I've been paranoid all day that he will testify and lie for the administration because they took a more hawkish stance with Iran. Hope I"m wrong."

"I totally agree. All Bolton has ever wanted was conflict with Iran. So is this the deal he made with Trump, to pull his chestnuts out of the fire on National TV? It makes me wonder about perjury laws and if they are another casualty of this rotten administration."

"Bolton 'consulted' with McConnell prior to his announcement. I DO NOT TRUST ANY OF THIS"

"Trump started his war for him, these guys are into quid pro quo. Bolton is going to exonerate Trump."

I could go on.....

Are those quotes from senate members charged with taking an oath to be fair?

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

You seem bother and upset. Can understand your anxiety and discomfort with Hill damaging testimony. Bolton will be the lightning bolt. 

Not bothered at all, but please keep dreaming. another term for trump will help you cope with your life and depression. 

12 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Great idea. Get a fired ex employee holding a grudge to testify and call him an impartial expert witness! Would such a witness be acceptable in any normal trial? Seriously, can this farce get any more bizarre? 

That depends on how the Senate runs the impeachment trial.

7 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Revenge is a dish best served cold! Someone sacked from a high profile role they were clearly relishing.

Would you believe him?

No doubt those who want to hear what they expect and hope he will say will.

quote "No doubt those who want to hear what they expect and hope he will say will."

And no doubt those who have closed eyes and ears won't listen to what he says anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

Look who's talking.

I could go on.....

And you do go, and on and on and on.............................................

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Are assumptions and presumptions made by pouting opponents of the defendant generally considered to be sound supporting evidence?

It's not our fault. In lieu of anything tangible, factual, unredacted and sworn on the bible 'so help me God' from any of Trumps defenders, it's just about all we have to work with right now.

But Pelosi has the patience of Job while that virtue has never been one of the pussy-grabber in chief's strong points.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elmrfudd said:
5 hours ago, Sujo said:

Thats a point trump defenders cannot understand. They believe the lies told in support of trump, and his 15,000 lies. 

They do not want to here the truth, they are too afraid of it.

That is quite a large generalized assumption with nothing but an unfounded opinion to back it up.

Yup... and that's why the White House has forbidden anyone to answer any House subpoena.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NanLaew said:
9 hours ago, JCauto said:

It's interesting, isn't it, how those who testified under oath all painted the same picture and were career professionals who had everything to lose by lying. Yet those who you and others claim to be pure as driven snow offering counter-narratives all refuse in all circumstances to testify under oath, despite being lawfully subpoenaed to do so. Curious, no?

@TopDeadSenter

@Baerboxer

As the only two who have stuck their heads above the parapet on this particular issue, why do you think this is?

But Obama, Hillary fail and Never Trump aren't acceptable answers BTW

Nine hours have elapsed since asking a couple of Trump protagonists for their explanation... no, their understanding of why the White House has forbidden anyone to testify in the House and why the Senate doesn't seem too keen on allowing any witness testimony either.

• Thanks 2

Can war monger Bolton be impeached? He finally got what he always wanted in the first place. 

If I would be him then I would shut up completely as Trump is moving Bolton's way and tries hard to trigger a war, quite what he said "America first". 

14 hours ago, Sujo said:

Or maybe he just tells the truth instead of perjury.

why dont you want to know the truth?

What version of the truth? You seem to think you know the truth? How do you know? Maybe Bolton has something exculpatory to say and the dems are walking into an ambush? 

Let's all not get to excited over this.  all he said is  “I have concluded that, if the Senate issues a subpoena for my testimony, I am prepared to testify.” this might be a setup. 

Republicans say "No No No" after a bunch of hand wringing they say "alright you win", Bolton testifies but says nothing other than deflect. Republicans say: "You see a nothing burger " we are done playing this game.  

16 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What Bolton has to say will be under oath and subject to the laws of perjury.

Apparently if Nancy doesn't forward the articles to the senate by the 25th, it's all over anyway. So far she's not, far as I'm aware, making any moves to do so.

This could all actually turn out be a real nothingburger.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, candide said:
11 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

What version of the truth? You seem to think you know the truth? How do you know? Maybe Bolton has something exculpatory to say and the dems are walking into an ambush? 

The Dems may be walking into an ambush and that's why the Republicans don't want Bolton to testify....

So Bolton who Trump asked to tender his resignation or be fired is all lubbed up with Trump?

There's something that only Hannity could try and sell

...to his fellow Fox News sycophants.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

So Bolton who Trump asked to tender his resignation or be fired is all lubbed up with Trump?

It could be all he has to do is tell the truth. 

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Perhaps we can wait to see what he does say, or doesn't say if Nancy doesn't get a move on.

• Like 1