Hurt British royals try to find exit route for Harry and Meghan

webfact

On 1/10/2020 at 12:45 PM, URMySunshine said:

Meghan was probably scared the Queen would have her arrested and put in the Tower. Harry should try and raise an army and march on Windsor. The only crown that is worth something is one that is seized not given. Go on Harry , fortune favours the brave!

She is probably more afraid she will wind up like Diana. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

as usual, an outsider sowing discord in the house of Windsor.

Markle is first and foremost a <deleted> actress.

On top of that, her lecturing on global warming, while flying around 

in private jets, is highly irregular.

Not so much "highly irregular" as highly hypocritical....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Also if Meghan wants to throw a spanner in the works she should at least have the manners to face everyone in person. Her behaviour would seem to suggest she is a bad mannered coward.

Oh and The Queen will obvoiusly be very happy to speak to her over an internet connection? NOT

4 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Also if Meghan wants to throw a spanner in the works she should at least have the manners to face everyone in person. Her behaviour would seem to suggest she is a bad mannered coward.

Maybe Grandma intimidates her, and she'd prefer to oppose her wishes from a distance.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Whether they stay or go is somewhat beside the point. It is the manner in which it has been done. Instead of working out a solution there was an announcement made in haste.

You really have no idea if this was discussed in person yes or no.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Nobody objects to them leaving as they as they leave properly (i.e. a hard Megxit).

What annoys people is them stepping back from duties while retaining the cottage, the security at taxpayers expense, using SussexRoyal.com for their website name etc. It's cherry picking and people don't like it. Markle's hypocrisy on climate change (preaching about carbon emissions while flying around world on private jets), announcing the move without informing the Queen, releasing the news on Kate's birthday etc. also rubs people the wrong way. She's embarrassing the Royal Family and people don't appreciate it.

It's a shame you think Britain is a nasty little island filled with nasty little people. I'm not sure if you're suffering from self loathing or just have an unpleasant social circle. My friends and family in the UK are lovely people ????.

Self loathing? That makes no sense in the context of my post. Thankfully we are not all viciously small minded and petty, especially over something as remote, parochial and utterly unimportant as the royal family. Personally, I would rather they all joined him, but if he wants out, I guess the security cannot be overlooked as we have placed him on that pedestal and made it impossible to for him to lead a normal life.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

The amount of money that they get from the taxpayer is not the issue

Actually, it is, even if it's just pennies.  It is fundamentally wrong that an unelected, unaccountable individual who simply has their position because of who their parents were is utterly immoral and unconscionable.  Such an individual most certainly shouldn't be living a life of extreme luxury sucking on the tit of the British worker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Actually, it is, even if it's just pennies.  It is fundamentally wrong that an unelected, unaccountable individual who simply has their position because of who their parents were is utterly immoral and unconscionable.  Such an individual most certainly shouldn't be living a life of extreme luxury sucking on the tit of the British worker.

Viva la revolución

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

5) The last truly English king was killed in 1066. Then the Normans introduced the feudal system which has been the basis of the sickening British obsession with class ever since. Sadly this still sells newspapers to a huge number of subservience loving sycophants.

17 minutes ago, Oxx said:

5) The last truly English king was killed in 1066. Then the Normans introduced the feudal system which has been the basis of the sickening British obsession with class ever since. Sadly this still sells newspapers to a huge number of subservience loving sycophants.

Yes, yes, you are 100% correct.  It was Johnny Foreigner who started all this mess that finally took us into two World Wars and a Common Market (oops, sorry, European Union).

Thank God the Saxon people of 2019 (not forgetting the people of Wales) have finally found their voice.

I hope the final cut of January 31 will be announced from Hastings....

Edited by blazes
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Fair enough, I agree wholeheartedly with the principle. It should be extended to cover many of those whose wealth is based on the work of others, not just the Royals. I think the main thing is that they could do without the money from the taxpayer. They are vastly wealthy (The whole family) and could live off the interest alone. Tax avoidance by the UK rich, and Amazon/Google etc gets me more worked up I must admit.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, blazes said:

Yes, yes, you are 100% correct.  It was Johnny Foreigner who started all this mess that finally took us into two World Wars and a Common Market (oops, sorry, European Union).

Thank God the Saxon people of 2019 (not forgetting the people of Wales) have finally found their voice.

I hope the final cut of January 31 will be announced from Hastings....

I enjoyed that.

We are all immigrants really, there was no one here 10,000 years ago when the ice retreated. We are apparently also all related to the emperor Charlemagne. So really we are the Johnny Foreigner who you blame for "All this mess". What about the Angles, and Jutes BTW!?

Edited by Nigel Garvie
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

I enjoyed that.

We are all immigrants really, there was no one here 10,000 years ago when the ice retreated. We are apparently also all related to the emperor Charlemagne. What about the Angles, and Jutes BTW!?

Jutes?   A bit too German for my taste.

Germans? Here, Fawlty?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1