F1 champion Hamilton donates $500,000 to Australian wildlife rescue

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

"join me in thinking about the impact we are having on our planet".

Just tried that and came to the conclusion that if i "join" you one of the first things that need to be banned is motor racing and private jets!

Why don't these people just keep their mouths shut!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Sujo said:

So he is not allowed an opinion and to donate. How sad.

? off coarse he is allowed an opinion! who is denying that? why do you find it necessary to stick up for someone who is obviously being utterly two faced, he can do as he likes but the mere mortals have to make sacrifices? Find another cause, theirs plenty available! ???? 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Sujo said:

So he is not allowed an opinion and to donate. How sad.

Don't think it's just a tad hypocritical?

and whilst the cash is appreciated he spends more than that on nose rings.   And the donation is contingent on having to listen to his hypocritical drivel.   Unconditional donations are appreciated so much more.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I see that ' Twiggy ' Forrester ... mining billionaire donated AUD $70 Million.

Gina Rinehart should step up and do the same ......   

Gina released a statement earlier to the effect she would be donating money towards the root causes of the issue, and distinguished these from the stampede to blame climate change.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

Gina released a statement earlier to the effect she would be donating money towards the root causes of the issue, and distinguished these from the stampede to blame climate change.

Better tell the authorities they are wrong.

https://7news.com.au/sunrise/on-the-show/shane-fitzsimmons-dismisses-barnaby-joyces-claims-bushfires-caused-by-green-caveats-c-637354

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sujo said:

I dont think the animals he is donating to help can hear him.

This may come as a surprise, but the animals don't actually have bank accounts in Australia.  The people that have to listen to this rubbish are flesh and blood human beings.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Sujo said:

He is a fireman.  Other fireman say different.  There is an extensive documented history of bushfires that were worse dating back to 1851.  The only actual science on the subject says that fuel load is the only factor over which there is any control.

had they spent a fraction of the 80 odd billion cost to achieve emissions reduction targets on the reduction of fuel loads, it would have made a significant difference to the intensity of the current fires.

8 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Because its a cause that he likes. Why denigrate him for helping.

I guess as long as people like yourself find his opinion relevant and worthy of print he may as well carry on with his 2 faced, hypocritical, artificial, insincere, mealy mouthed baloney, personally I think he should do this "job", scurry off the bank with his money, live in a tax free domicile and continue to make contributions to charities that he can well afford, without feeling the need to inform all what a kind and caring soul he is! :shock1:

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, CGW said:

I guess as long as people like yourself find his opinion relevant and worthy of print he may as well carry on with his 2 faced, hypocritical, artificial, insincere, mealy mouthed baloney, personally I think he should do this "job", scurry off the bank with his money, live in a tax free domicile and continue to make contributions to charities that he can well afford, without feeling the need to inform all what a kind and caring soul he is! :shock1:

Idiot

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Does he know about 85% of the fires were started deliberately or accidentally and nowt to do with climate change

So, the damage is still there and needs dealing with, regardless of the cause, how much did you donate?