UK Pensions and related info

11 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

Thanks. FWIW I was half joking when I wrote that. Having said that, I do understand entirely your logic and reasoning because I did something similar six years ago. I moved back to the UK and intended to live in my flat for at least six months hence I would become tax resident once again plus I would be entitled to the pension increases. My pension was increased and I returned to Thailand, fully expecting to return to the UK six months later. But Covid struck and I found myself stranded in Thailand, unable to return. It took three further years before I realised that my plan of 6 months here and 6 months there, wasn't going to work. Two years ago I contacted DWP and asked them to transfer my pension to my Thai bank, I wasn't asked any questions about where I had been, only how long I intended to stay in Thailand, to which I replied, at least six months. Immediately afterwards I began to receive my state pension, into my Thai bank and that's the way it's been ever since. I suggest that you do similar, rather than admit you've not been telling them the truth, the end result will be the same but far less painful.

Just now, fulhamboy said:

Yes I intended to return before COVID came, now two of my best friends in UK have passed on but we are still friends on Facebook 😁

So don't fancy a flight back,  can afford to repay or have reduced pension, just wondering which one they choose.

Thanks

• Confused 1

I didn't bother claiming my UK pension. I couldn't be arsed with the paperwork. I'm 70 now so I think it is too late to claim. A pittance anyway, enough maybe to keep you alive but nothing more. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, retarius said:

I didn't bother claiming my UK pension. I couldn't be arsed with the paperwork. I'm 70 now so I think it is too late to claim. A pittance anyway, enough maybe to keep you alive but nothing more. 

You can claim any time as you haven't claim your pension will have increased by 5.8%  for each year you haven't claimed so over 5 years that would be an increase of 29% from whatever the amount was when you were eligible to claim

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Madgee said:

I can understand why people feel aggrieved about pensions being frozen and commit fraud by declaring a UK resident address, up to them. 

Openly admitting to taking the heating allowance.... Scumbags. 

Just now, fulhamboy said:

My question was has anybody owned up to the dwp about taking pension increases whilst in thailand, 

Do they take money transfer  or reduce pension ? 

4 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

Why? Is the guilt too much? 

Where is the guilt?  None   Spinning yourself (and others) into some fantasy. If you eventually get around to reading DWP regulations,(go on, give it a go) not hard ,perfectly logical, instead of spewing your rubbish

Whether anybody chooses to have UK or other address the DWP have on file, is not illegal, especially State Pension. Every year DWP will write to that address informing of pension rise, be it mail forwarding

There is no fraud to wherever you state the contact address is, impossible be sanctioned  Says so    ,DWP regulations   (State Pension, among 3 others) Go on give it a read, or write to them for informed answer, doubt they will answer, as its jobs for international pension bunch, do it as Freedom of Information, obliged to answer

Please, inform yourself, instead of rubbish pouring forth

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tiber said:

Where is the guilt?  None   Spinning yourself (and others) into some fantasy. If you eventually get around to reading DWP regulations,(go on, give it a go) not hard ,perfectly logical, instead of spewing your rubbish

Whether anybody chooses to have UK or other address the DWP have on file, is not illegal, especially State Pension. Every year DWP will write to that address informing of pension rise, be it mail forwarding

There is no fraud to wherever you state the contact address is, impossible be sanctioned  Says so    ,DWP regulations   (State Pension, among 3 others) Go on give it a read, or write to them for informed answer, doubt they will answer, as its jobs for international pension bunch, do it as Freedom of Information, obliged to answer

Please, inform yourself, instead of rubbish pouring forth

I very strongly suggest you read what else was said in the thread after that post and to post more respectfully in the future. The forum rules are linked below, please read them:

https://aseannow.com/forum_rules/

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, fulhamboy said:

My question was has anybody owned up to the dwp about taking pension increases whilst in thailand, 

None,  DWP cannot reduce ,stop,take money back, or shove a frozen pension on you. They cannot do anything, except continue (by law) to give you your State pension, in full, except of course if you make  voluntary statement ,then will freeze it

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, retarius said:

My GBP 708 every 4 weeks does more than keep me alive.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Tiber said:

None,  DWP cannot reduce ,stop,take money back, or shove a frozen pension on you. They cannot do anything, except continue (by law) to give you your State pension, in full, except of course if you make  voluntary statement ,then will freeze it

Please provide a link from DWP, HM Gov or a reliable legal course such as UK Courts to confirm this statement.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, fulhamboy said:

Each individual case is different.

If you are prepared to be a tad deceitful (and you have been anyway) just call the IPC in Newcastle and tell them that you have decided to reside permanently in Thailand. Since retirement you have struggled with English winters and, having regularly visited Thailand, you have now decided that you are unlikely to return.

A friend did exactly that and they just said "you do realise that you will no longer be entitled to the annual increase"..........that was it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

My GBP 708 every 4 weeks does more than keep me alive.

It did more for me when I found I had cancer, hopped on plane,and the extra money i received through unfrozen pension, did indeed keep me alive

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

Please provide a link from DWP, HM Gov or a reliable legal course such as UK Courts to confirm this statement.

Its in past quotes  ,probably pages 1 to 8,Ill look later. State pension is a non-sanctionable, disqualifying benefit, nothing ,but nobody can touch it   DWP rules

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Each individual case is different.

If you are prepared to be a tad deceitful (and you have been anyway) just call the IPC in Newcastle and tell them that you have decided to reside permanently in Thailand. Since retirement you have struggled with English winters and, having regularly visited Thailand, you have now decided that you are unlikely to return.

A friend did exactly that and they just said "you do realise that you will no longer be entitled to the annual increase"..........that was it.

They will always nudge you to do the best for you(depending on who you speak to}

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

Benefits that cannot be reduced or stopped

The following benefits cannot be reduced or stopped if you commit benefit fraud:

• Attendance Allowance
  • Bereavement Support Payment
  • Child Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Christmas Bonus
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Graduated Retirement Benefit
  • Guardian’s Allowance
  • Industrial Injuries Constant Attendance Allowance (where a Disablement Pension is payable)
  • Industrial Injuries Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance (where a Disablement Pension is payable)
  • Personal Independence Payment
  • State Pension
  • Social Fund Payments
  • War Pension Constant Attendance Allowance
  • War Pension Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance
  • War Pension Mobility
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tiber said:

Benefits that cannot be reduced or stopped

The following benefits cannot be reduced or stopped if you commit benefit fraud:

• Attendance Allowance
  • Bereavement Support Payment
  • Child Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Christmas Bonus
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Graduated Retirement Benefit
  • Guardian’s Allowance
  • Industrial Injuries Constant Attendance Allowance (where a Disablement Pension is payable)
  • Industrial Injuries Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance (where a Disablement Pension is payable)
  • Personal Independence Payment
  • State Pension
  • Social Fund Payments
  • War Pension Constant Attendance Allowance
  • War Pension Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance
  • War Pension Mobility

Link please, or the posts will be removed as unsubstantiated hearsay.

1 minute ago, Mike Lister said:

Link please, or the posts will be removed as unsubstantiated hearsay.

Please, its in DWP regulations, all you have to do is  go to DWP" benefit fraud"  Its not hearsay, its there in print

• Sad 1