Immigration's BMW smart cars out all over Thailand -  Thai house owners fined

webfact

11 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

With a attitude like yours you would not last 1 week in a civilized world,

you brought up foreign workers which had nothing to do with the topic, 

the only time when I was drunk when I voted for you.

In the OP= topic 

“In Chumphon at a school construction site three Myanmar workers had not registered their address. The person putting them up was fined.”

92CE3D76-75F8-4E65-B389-C9ECEA6080C9.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

All of this is water off a duck's back for those of us with nothing to hide. 

The TM 28 and TM 30 online or not is stupidity at its highest. case in Question someone goes from Koh Chang Trat to pick up a family member from Swampy could result in 2 nights away(ferries stop 7.30pm comes back to Koh Chang, next day unable to do it on line must then take the ferry again to I.O. to say your back. nothing about "Hiding" anything just a right royal pain in the butt, repeat after a few weeks when taking them back !!

55 minutes ago, Caine said:

Wouldn’t the money be better spent, giving the millions of poor a bowl of  rice each. What a dog hole.

Seems like this is a self funding effort.  Plus, if they make the cars even smarter and connect to the taxation department and start fining all the illegal hotels for not paying taxes on the grassed up (and the perfectly legal) foreigners staying there, they can maybe fund education for those millions and not need to buy them a bowl of rice.

Edited by impulse

12 hours ago, Searat7 said:

Also I have been told that the app is not available from Apple for iPhones. 

The app is garbage anyway. Very complicated, cumbersome and time consuming. Constant crashes, unclear file formats. One of the worst apps you can imagine

Edited by tomacht8

17 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Lots of money spent, lots of hard work and for what? A series of very minor infringements. Given the crime rate across the country, you have to ask if the money and effort wouldn't be better spent policing the local population perhaps?

Or policing the police ?

• Haha 1

CRINGE! Oh Thailand, what are you doing? Bad uns out all the way, but spying on people in case they didn't report in 24hrs then patting each other on the back etc. Imagine if this system was in place and picked up one of those kind foreign divers for treading on someone's cat (or something as equally crineworthily trivial) before he could rescue the 'cave 12', for instance.

All designed to make you uncomfortable. Armies should not run countries!

Edited by daveAustin
  • Like 1

Total waste of money could have used any number of cheaper alternatives(but maybe no incentive payments from them)

To all those bleating about fingerprint scanners, a lot of other countries all ready have them and I say a lot more will in the very near future, Malayasia has them and I wasnt scared when using them.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Lots of money spent, lots of hard work and for what? A series of very minor infringements. Given the crime rate across the country, you have to ask if the money and effort wouldn't be better spent policing the local population perhaps?

the money would be better spent fitting out 100+ pursuit cars for highway patrol better revenue (that is if the money gets to the Govt.)and a saving in health costs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, daveAustin said:

CRINGE! Oh Thailand, what are you doing? Bad uns out all the way, but spying on people in case they didn't report in 24hrs then patting each other on the back etc. Imagine if this system was in place and picked up one of those kind foreign divers for treading on someone's cat (or something as equally crineworthily trivial) before he could rescue the 'cave 12', for instance.

All designed to make you uncomfortable. Armies should not run countries!

Oh, there's loads of resentment that they needed foreigners to rescue those kids.

Just look at the reception the recent film got when it was released.

Thais hate being reminded of their inadequacies, and that's a problem because they are, for the most part, still a developing country with one of the World's poorest education systems. They also have an unfounded arrogance and sense of entitlement, because as a nation, they haven't really done much to crow about at all.

• Like 1

Come on people we all know most governments know how to waste taxpayers money but here it not about wasting the money it's about who benefits the most from the best deal in the back pocket. It been this way in their culture for hundreds of years so don't expect any change soon and we all have the option to choose where we want to live if we don't like it.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Immigration's BMW smart cars out all over Thailand

I guess Toyota Vios's were not the image immigration wanted to portray?

The immigration budget must be a healthy one with all these fines.. lots of cash to throw around.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stoker58 said:
On 1/28/2020 at 9:23 AM, Yadon Toploy said:

Seriously though, what a horrible place this is becoming to live.

Encouraging people to call up and 'report' foreigners, cars creeping about surveilling foreigners, people that have foreigners living with them being investigated, fingerprints being taken on entry to the country, etc. 

Couldn’t agree more.

I arrived here 2002.

The place has changed but there is no need to be so negative, they are putting in place measures to make the place safer.

I've noticed the quality of the foreigners (some) coming here are a different kind.

Nasty, horrible, mean, penny less etc. a horrible lot.

If you're one of them dont bother replying with your nasty hatred, hostile comments.

You need to fix your own problems.

Don't come to thailand with that attitude, go back to your own country and be miserable.

The Thais have had to find better ways of controlling these type of people.

I am ready for your nasty comments that I'm sure I will see.

Lets see who they are.... 

On 1/28/2020 at 9:12 AM, Creasy said:

(No BMW was evident in the picture commemorating the bust - it seemed to be a pick-up, perhaps a smart pick-up, notes Thaivisa) ????????????

BMW,  better for private use , family shopping trips, and tours..

• Haha 1

On 1/28/2020 at 9:23 AM, Yadon Toploy said:

Seriously though, what a horrible place this is becoming to live.

Encouraging people to call up and 'report' foreigners, cars creeping about surveilling foreigners, people that have foreigners living with them being investigated, fingerprints being taken on entry to the country, etc. 

Why you live in the horrible place? 

Up to you.

Edited by Yinn
  • Sad 1

On 1/28/2020 at 9:55 AM, rkidlad said:

But why does it have to be a BMW? Why not a basic Toyota with all the technology attached to it. Also, when these cars need maintenance and repairs, it costs a lot more compared to a locally made Toyota, etc. 

This is a huge waste of tax payers' money. 

BMW’s are made locally in Rayong

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, VYCM said:

Not all models are made here in Thailand 

I'm not sure if the SMART ones are made here 

The immigration Series 3 model is manufactured in Rayong but I don’t know where it was fitted out.

Edited by ianezy0