The week that was in Thailand news: Hysteria finds its natural home on social media and online news

rooster59

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I saw a recent list of the countries best prepared to deal with this and surprisingly Thailand ranked fifth in the world and first of the asian countries. 

Ranked 5th... based on the General claims that “it’s 100% under control “ !

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

not particularly worried by the virus, that seems treatable in all but those with depleted immune systems.

am VERY worried by outbreaks, thats when the hospitals get overrun, medicines run out and everyone is just left to die if they can even get a bed.

as one guy said in Beijing yesterday "the private clinics (where expats go) are turning away anyone with a fever. we're being sent to the fever clinics at the government hospitals"

- - you know the one's in the videos where you have to step over the dead to get to the doctor after your 6 hour queue.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, sturdyd said:

Totally agree on the Wuhan Virus. I must be missing something, because all the data I see hardly warrants all the hand wringing. And, look, if I'm missing something, please educate me. Of course it's terrible when people die, but, like Rooster, I think the reaction is just way over the top.

ground level videos, whats getting through the firewall anyway:

caveat: have to filter through the obvious BS but even an idiot can work out what we are being told and what we can see here are different things.

Edited by darksidedog
Twitter links removed. Unreliable Source.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes.  Just asking is this news or an editorial?

Also, when WHO announces a world wide emergency regarding the virus, I believe they know more then any of us..

Stay well everyone.

Except rooster obviously. I usually enjoy reading your Sunday column, but this weeks effort was just opinionated <deleted.>

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

At last some sanity in the posting of the stories that have made headlines lately and i must say i agree with almost all of what the reporter posted but particularly about Coronavirus, Big Joke and the one we should all try to keep in the spotlight about dogs. it is a sad thing that to go for a walk in the village is often a dangerous outing, it is just common sense that dog owners should be registered and the dogs kept inside the boundary of the property where they live and that the owners are responsible for any misdoings and nuisance by the animals.

Dog ownership should be a privilege and not a right.  There is a bit of a disagreement here.  I happen to be sheltering five dogs that were previously living on the streets but the statement about rights and privilege is a call for more government.  We already have too much government all over the world.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thanks for weekly update,  much appreciated.  I will wait 10 more days and see,

how many deaths are admitted by all the countries.  Koodoos to the Philippines for

being honest.  If the numbers jump, I will be more worried. So far I am avoiding airports and

lots of malls.

Geezer

• Like 1