Phuket officials warn over face mask price gouging

rooster59

Phuket officials warn over face mask price gouging

By The Phuket News

1580538878_1-org.jpg

Somrudee Chatchawet, a nurse at Vachira Phuket Hospital, shows how to correctly wear a face mask at press conference earlier this week. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: The chief of the Commercial Affairs Phuket office, Sasiwimon Mongkhon, has warned all people and businesses selling face masks to clearly have prices marked on face masks for sale, and to not stockpile face mask supplies, or else face legal action.

Ms Sasaiwimon explained yesterday (Jan 31) that the Ministry of Commerce had ordered Commercial Affairs officers to inspect the prices being charged and the number of face masks currently available for sale throughout Phuket.

“Every shop has to clearly mark the prices for face masks with big price tags, and do not take advantage of this sensitive situation to increase the price of the face masks,” Ms Sasaiwimon urged.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-officials-warn-over-face-mask-price-gouging-74637.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-02-02

• Haha 2

Thai's don't increase their prices do they ?

I thought they were always high especially when it's a farang, and your supposed to negotiate the price down by 50%, that way they still make 950% ????

Edited by 4MyEgo

The people who want to use these useless masks should be punished by paying those prices. Already today I read in a German Thai Newspaper (der Farang) that the spread of corona is not as easy as it was presumed. Sars, 15 years ago was spreading faster and infected more people. The virus now infects only a few people and then dies out. Not with the death of the patient, but just by itself.

Anyway, over and over again one can read that the masks are optional, they don't really help. Besides that, it is ment for the ones who are sick to not infect others. Not from preventing to catch this flue. Unless you are in near contact with infected and have to deal with them, it is an extra help, besides the gloves and eyemasks you need to wear as well. The way it is done in public will not prevent from getting the flue.

So, those ignorant enough to think that they protect only themselves with these masks, should pay the price.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Nice Boyd said:

I just picked up some at Daisy, 60b 99% Charcoal activated 7 day supply 7 masks  , yesterday , but now sold out, maybe Monday they said 

The charcoal will be effective against flatulence. As for droplets or PM2.5, somewhat irrelevant.

18 hours ago, Thaijack2014 said:

The people who want to use these useless masks should be punished by paying those prices. Already today I read in a German Thai Newspaper (der Farang) that the spread of corona is not as easy as it was presumed. Sars, 15 years ago was spreading faster and infected more people. The virus now infects only a few people and then dies out. Not with the death of the patient, but just by itself.

Anyway, over and over again one can read that the masks are optional, they don't really help. Besides that, it is ment for the ones who are sick to not infect others. Not from preventing to catch this flue. Unless you are in near contact with infected and have to deal with them, it is an extra help, besides the gloves and eyemasks you need to wear as well. The way it is done in public will not prevent from getting the flue.

So, those ignorant enough to think that they protect only themselves with these masks, should pay the price.

Idiot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

The other day for 3M mask 100 Baht that was in Chalong I had no choice but to buy sold out everywhere and I needed them for a friend,

Jump onto facebook market place, plenty of people selling 40ft container loads of em.