Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

webfact

3 minutes ago, Libai said:

What a fool, does he not realise, or has he not read the WHO report and the summary effect of masks?

Instead of hating foreigners he should take more notice of what foreigners say and do after all without foreigners and their inventions Thailand would have nothing!  

Not true, they'd still have pot noodles and Red Bull.

17 hours ago, Beggar said:

I think it is not easy for the Thai government what to do. Sure they could stop even any travel to Thailand. But it would mean severe consequences for the country. Who wants to be responsible for this? 

A flash of lucidity in a Thai member ...
Hope it lasts ...

and yes, if this NON-elected government had really taken the bull by the horns, it would have closed all the borders of the country by double turns; air, sea and land ..
but as the god here is money .... the people we don't give a damn.

The Chinese Prime Minister himself said: priority to the population, trade must take second place.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

I note from the picture above, that this plonker, whilst making his racist speech...

Yes indeed just a run-of-the-mill PLONKER. It will be interesting to see how they react when they find out what is really going on in 'Fluhan'...

They might well rue their Chinese tourism strategy, in private of course.

8 minutes ago, justin case said:

oh my god, this sounds to much like PRO VAXXERS des-information

You are vaccinated, your child is vaccinated, but my child is not and endangers your child (theory only, my child got them all, behind my back, maybe twice because of ignorant grandparents)

wait... I thought you were vaccinated ... so there is no protection ?

loooooooooooooool

Please keep your ignorance on vaccines to yourself. You will find that the majority of people here are older and lived in the  time when vaccines for mumps, measles, whooping cough, polio etc  were not around and they saw the damage.

You don't need to be vaccinated for this illness if and when there is a vaccine.

3 minutes ago, Manny said:

This whole Corona Virus False Flag is about selling face masks. 40,000 people die each year from "regular flu" so 300 people die of a strain of the flu in China and they announce a "Pandemic" to instill fear and they sell a lot of face masks. Everything is a rich man's trick. Like the global warming BS. Sea Levels are exactly where they were 100 years ago and the world has warmed 1 degree in the last 100 years. The world runs on two emotions ~ Fear & Greed ~ Every ten years they tell us about the impending "end of the world" unless we give them massive amounts of tax dollars and your money to avoid armageddon. It's all straight BS OK

Are you a troll or are you really this paranoid?  Calling this epidemic and the 700+ deaths so far a false flag is creepy. Those 700+ people didn't die  for the fun of it.  save your climate change denial for another thread.

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Beggar said:

No this sadly is not satire. I myself use a 3M 95N mask when I go to the Central Shopping Mall here in Pattaya. I see very many Asian people using masks. But I don't see many Farangs using them. Now the question arises - are we using the masks sick or the others?

How many of the people you noticed wearing masks in Pattaya are wearing the correct one, just wearing any mask such as the ones the minister was handing out is not suitable protection.

Edited by Mbaki
  • Like 1

Coronavirus recovery rates ‘promising’, infectious disease expert says

"Wang said that about 6 per cent had recovered after being in a serious condition, while less than one per cent had recovered after being classed as in critical condition."

Bottom line: Take your Wang seriously and don't fall into critical condition, which is 99% Wong. ????

Edited by SiSePuede419

Ahhh the Pauline Hansen of Thailand. Racism in politics isn't just a Thai thing and shouldn't be accepted by any government. Having said that, it makes sense to protect yourself given that victims of the disease don't show symptoms while its incubating. His initial motive was honorable, unfortunately he lost the plot and told the world media what people like him really think of the western tourists that support the Thai economy. 

• Like 1

go take a shower minister you are an idiot, european ferangs are not the problem and face masks will only help if it is you who are infected and to not spread your coughs and sneezes, just wash your hands as often as possible if you are in public places in tourist areas.

there are about .0001% of people infected in thailand so the reaction is way out of proportion.

Those masks aren't even that effective really. Mostly against, liquid contact or larger objects. Yet going off saying something like that.

It has to do with Chinese loss of face and putting the blame on falangs...Thats all..

This guy probably doesn't even wear a rubber when he is getting some of that uni student..

So MAYBE the virus can live on a surface for 28 days.....OMG, that's in the mail from online purchases....  

They say wash your hands after you touch everything.  lol.  and what about a public bathroom.   BUT this is why going to a restaurant in a city with maybe people from Wuhan is not going to happen. 

Most people say the worst MIGHT be over at the end of April.  

Everything I buy might be from China.... OMG.  Was it just shipped in from Wuhan yesterday?

• Sad 1

If the health minister is serious, there should be people from his department handing out N95

masks all over Thailand.  I would like to read a report from the PM, we have a new health minister,

the previous one is now a fileclerk. What a tool,!

Geezer

Where were the masks last night? Hypocrites much 

Pattaya's well known mayor Sontaya " Big Peh" Khunpluem led City Hall staff and a host of local "celebrities" to Walking Street last night.

Pattaya: Mayor and glitterati out in Walking Street to encourage China to fight the virus!

masks2.jpg

Edited by cmrichsw
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jewell49 said:

go take a shower minister you are an idiot, european ferangs are not the problem and face masks will only help if it is you who are infected and to not spread your coughs and sneezes, just wash your hands as often as possible if you are in public places in tourist areas.

there are about .0001% of people infected in thailand so the reaction is way out of proportion.

Absolutely. Have seen reports that this particular virus is more likely to be spread by contact with contaminated surfaces (handrails, doorknobs etc.) than by airborne contamination. Much more important to maintain good hand hygene than to wear a stupid inneffectual mask.

Only a few days ago I was walking up the steps to the BTS without a face mask and a young Thai girl was approaching from the opposite direction also without a face mask. When she was only a short distance from me she covered her mouth and nose with a handkerchief. I noticed that all the way down the steps as she approached me she was sliding her hand on the support rail. 

19 hours ago, yokat said:

I don't wear a face mask because they are expensive and not comfortable, I wash my hands for 20s with soap ten times a day, I don't touch any railing and I certainly don't touch my face before washing my hands.

Had there been no shortage and price changes I would maybe be wearing an N95, but considering I am not coughing or sneezing at all I don't consider having a face mask one of my priorities.

2 weeks incubation time.  Can transfer before getting sick