Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

webfact

Has anyone ever told this Health Minister some truths like:

1. Use your mind before you open your mouth

2. It's better to shut up and be thought a fool rather than speaking and thereby confirming it.

3. An educated person knows the truth; a wise person knows when to say it.

4. Think before you speak and study before you think.

I just got discharged from hospital yesterday and only about 10% of the staff from reception to medical personnel were wearing masks. I would trust them before this man anyday.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The advice from the World Health Organisation is as follows:

• If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.
  • Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
  • Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
  • If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.

As usual, the Thai government is out of touch with the facts.  Face masks have never prevented viral infections. In the case of Wuhan virus, it is not transmitted by air. anyway.

• Like 2

The minister said that farangs who refuse to wear masks “don’t care about the big picture” and “they don’t have any consideration to the situation”.

That's rich coming from a country that allowed millions of Chinese into the country over the CNY period!!!

If anyone needs to be kicked out of anywhere it should be him from his office.

• Like 2

You are all angry for the racism Thailand has been displaying against you for years.

Just leave the damn place.

Vietnam, Taiwan, Philippines are only a cheap flight away.

It's time to Boycott Thailand . 

Or they you wanna wait until they gather all the farangs up in a concentration camp?

Edited by noone223
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

And what about the Thai people who do not wear a mask? Will their citizenship be revoked? Does Anutin realize how inane he sounds? Does he understand that Thailand is in the midst of an unprecedented tourism crisis? Does he not have any perception of how harmful these racist rants are? And this coming from a man who has zero experience in the "health" field, and was appointed minister of health. Bizarre. Lame. Dumb. Non-visionary. Inept. Creepy. 

Again Prayuth demonstrates how totally ill prepared he is to lead his country, and to deal with anything bordering on a crisis situation. He appoints these clowns. What can one say?

1 minute ago, sead said:

2 weeks incubation time.  Can transfer before getting sick

Much more likely to be transferred before getting sick. I have had the flu twice in my life. Once a standard winter flu, once Asian flu. Once my symptoms had kicked in, it was impossible for me to even get off my bed, let alone wander round shopping malls or airports. The vast majority of people spreading this disease will be post contamination pre symptomatic. If you see someone coughing and sneezing in a restaurant, be assured that they ain't got coronavirus.

How is it spread? Contaminated person touches their mouth then touches something in a public place. You touch that same object then put your hand to your mouth or eyes. Now you have it!

Antibacterial hand gel will save the planet, not face masks.

2 minutes ago, noone223 said:

You are all there angry for the racism Thailand has been displaying against you for years.

Just leave the damn place.

Vietnam, Taiwan, Philippines are only a cheap flight away.

It's time to Boycott Thailand . 

Dump the wife you mean..?  ????

Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

In a way comments like this coming from so-called professional people who hold high places of office will help the public draw conclusions about who is doing what, they show themselves and their incompetence to the public who at the earliest opportunity might just vote them out next time around!

13 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Normal they worried about farangs, since the current epidemic found its origin in a bat to human transmission, another future outbreak, in Thailand, may result from a farang to human transmission.

But, since Thai people are from another planet, I think the vast majority would be immune to any disease which we carry. 

• Like 1

Another comment about shifting the responsibility from the government to...well, anywhere and anyone...western that is. Masks as protection has never been the idea because they are not airtight...or 'anything-tight' and really their basic function is to prevent the wearer's breath from contaminating others. Surgeons and other O. T. staff wear them so as not to contaminate the patient. And again, when I did microbiological analysis I had to wear a mask so I that I did not contaminate samples. Yes, obviously facial masks do offer some protection but it isn't much and depends on the amount of contamination in the air.

I'm surprised this minister didn't go the whole way and suggest that all westerners (as in the use of the word farang) should wear complete military heavy duty biological suits and have decontamination units installed at home. Or maybe put us all on house arrest until the 'panic' is over.

Edited by TKDfella

Wow this is a real  farang go home speach?? Well Khun Anutin I've already left your country after 10 yrs as it was obvious we are not welcome no more your can keep your tight <deleted> Chinese peasant tourists and your bulk  Indian family tourist (10 people in 1 hotel room) and let's see how long till you lot beg for the white man to return and line your pockets once more.. Your a total <deleted> Idiot like most of the your gronies in power. Your cutting your own throats 

RIP Thailand 

• Like 2

As a matter of fact.

1. The way he talks, he's a fascist. A real Nazi.
In any other country, he would be arrested immediately for discrimination.
2. All farangs should display it.
3. All Farangs should spread his discrimination against foreigners on social media.
4. What many do not know, these thin masks do not protect 100% against viruses. So this action is just another Thai show to show that you are supposed to have everything under control.
5. No westerner in Thailand has had the virus (only Chinese and Thais)
6. If the PM Prayuth doesn't release him immediately, it just shows that he doesn't have his people under control. The PM should immediately instruct the "Health Minister" to apologize to all Farangs.

Those diagnosed with coronavirus in Thailand have so far been Chinese or Thai nationals.

So let me get this straight, the ugly Falangs who don't wear masks are all healthy, and the mask-wearing locals are sick, but it's my fault?   I have to wonder, how much did the "Health Minister" pay in bribes to get his position, and what was his return on investment for that?  

• Like 2

So Foreigners who do not wear a mask should be kicked out of Thailand.  I have just returned from shopping in Central Festival, Koh Samui and hardly anyone, including Thais were wearing a face mask, so what is he going to do about them?  He needs to look to his own people to set a good example, but of course and not unusually, he as a Governmant Representative have got it all wrong..........please see and read the WHO Notice, or perhaps with his limited English he cannot understand it?  And of course, Thailand doesn't need Foreigners anymore because the rest of the economy is doing so, so well!  Watch for the soon to be CRASH!

13 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

He later apologized, but not to foreigners. He said he was sorry for losing it. He despises foreigners, as he is a racist, a bigot a xenophobe, and a fake nationalist. He knows nothing about anything. He has no background in health. If he knew anything he would be encouraging people to scrub their hands thoroughly ten times a day, which is infinitely more effective than wearing a mask. But, how would he know that? After all, he is only the health minister. 

• Like 1