Not much of an apology: Health minister Anutin unrepentant after face mask tirade against "farang"

rooster59

2 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

He should apologise for being a health minister who knows nothing about health.

I give him 2 days and he will be removed from office and probably end up in some massage parlour.

do you think he'd be wearing a mask when he gets his 'massage'? 

• Haha 1

AN.jpg.5f92939b5ac5d7313de48b122ed352ed.

Very smart by the minister to speak without mask directly into the microphones in front of him, spitting all his personal viruses on these. This will "help" a lot when the reporters later on hold these microphones under the nose of their next interview-partners.

Edited by doublezero

3 hours ago, YetAnother said:

purest racism

According to the article the minister never said what you are quoting. I disagree with the way the minister behaved and reacted, but to misquote him, using the heading of a mass circulation foreign newspaper is as wrong. The minister said, again according to the article, was, and I quote, "He would do it again and would not apologize to that person (apparently there was only one who refused his offer of a mask and set him off)". I think you will agree with me that the heading of the Daily News was misleading, to say the least.

1 hour ago, Beggar said:

Okay, okay. Next time when I apply for my retirement extension I will come with a mask. 

And, who knows, if your original non-immigrant visa was of the OA variety, that might well prove even more essential than being a current subscriber to 1 of 'em dreaded TGIA health insurance policies which, lest we forget, Anutin was probably also instrumental in inflicting on us farang retirees!

• Like 2

Just now, legend49 said:

Well they have lost any support from this farang. I understand the child like egos of these so called Thai men, he hasnt got the balls to release a proper apology. Does he speak English we know his leader doesnt. Maybe that was HIS problem he couldnt communicate adequately with the farang as it is in most cases every day here.

Yes he speaks English.

https://www.channel4.com/news/bangkok-coronavirus-survivor-speaks-out-in-city-considered-most-at-risk-outside-china

4.00 on in video.

Still letting Chinese in?????

There lies your problem minister putting revenue before the health of your citizens.

One person does not accept a mask so a whole race is subject to a tirade of pure racist rhetoric.

I dearly love this country and most of the people but these buffoons need to put their brain in gear before they open their mouths.

• Like 2

Thai officials are to worst and most persistent waiting for an apology, when someone criticized them. But when they make a fault themselves, they are just a bunch a cowards without balls!

Remember when a German tv show made a parody of the king and the queen. In the end even the German ambassador had a apologize for that. 

You won’t ever see that from a Thai official!!! 

Every thai friend I showed the twitter video was shocked and disgusted. No one supports those morons in the government anymore!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BestB said:

He should be fired immediately

..more likely to be promoted....I'm waiting for the "Did you wear a face mask ?" question to be added to the new TM30 form. Must report when you put it on and when you remove it.

i think he is right , everyone has to wear mask specially in crowded areas , we can't protect ourselves till everyone do it , free your mind from all those news that they say mask is not effective it's the least thing we can do  whatever you think it's dangerous or not because we don't know anything about the situation so let's not risk 

Edited by sadeghsep
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1

A surgical mask is not proper respiratory protection for this disease transmission...Now if he was handing out N-95 respirators...

people like him Is why thailand is and remains a 3rd world country....

some health minister - still has rabies malaria TB etc....not an impressive resume of diseases to have...

top dog is handing out masks? Isn’t that for low level staff or volunteers to do?

shouldn’t he be spending his time working on effective policies instead?

Romney pretty damn honest - voted his conscious over his party position

Edited by cardinalblue