Not much of an apology: Health minister Anutin unrepentant after face mask tirade against "farang"

rooster59

7 minutes ago, Salerno said:

I think he is as "right" as you :coffee1:

In these days everyone are trying to fight with opposite opinion ????

I say even surgical mask is effective if everyone us it and that is true 

What happens instead of being opposite just accept and use any masks that you can find 

Yes respirators is the best but if we can find it

Edited by sadeghsep

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

I don’t disagree with you. But for every farang that lives upcountry and built a house for his wife/gf/partner, how many are living in rented accommodation in Bangkok, Pattaya, CM, HH?

And why shouldn't they rent?Any particular reason why they should buy a condo?Why a single western foreigner should by a house?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beggar said:

They are expensive and very uncomfortable. But the government told us that we can get masks at the Blue Shops. No idea what shops these are and where you can find them. But now the WHO tells us that we should not use masks if we are not sick. I think I will start to ignore this virus. It is simply to complicated. 

We also don't know what blue shops are....but the older folks in our family still want to have mouthmasks, i wished we could buy them somewhere. They have to go to the hospital regularly and want to wear them for always from now on.

3 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Not trying to "fight" in the slightest, no need to when you are so plainly wrong.

How do you know that? When a person is carrying the virus even a tissue is helping for control , most dangerous time is when we sneeze or cough and any kind of masks would work , i mean it's better than nothing 

I really want people instead of fight help 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

He should apologise for being a health minister who knows nothing about health.

I give him 2 days and he will be removed from office and probably end up in some massage parlour.

"end up in some massage parlour" ... as an evergreen customer or as a nurse / doctor?

4 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Totally agree with you. Same with all the new visa requirements etc. Diplomacy normally dictates a reaction or similar conditions set for Thais in our countries. Our westetn embassies are useless

Contact your embassy and demand a letter of complaint be written to the junta

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, sadeghsep said:

How do you know that? When a person is carrying the virus even a tissue is helping for control , most dangerous time is when we sneeze or cough and any kind of masks would work , i mean it's better than nothing 

If you have a cold then yes, wear a mask so as not to pass it onto others, if you don't there's no need to. Anyone with manners covers their mouth when coughing or sneezing already. Various medical resources have plainly stated there is no need to wear a mask unless ill.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sadeghsep said:

The most dangerous time for transmission is before you have symptoms and the means of transmission is by contact. By the time you start coughing and sneezing, I guarantee that you will be laid flat on your back, unable to move, not wandering around coughing and sneezing over everyone.

6 minutes ago, ElBudhita said:

Wearing a mask for long periods of time will not prevent to catch any virus.

In fact it will make it more dangourous.

Maybe nobody told him...

Well again everyone trying to fight ????????

In this situation we don't know who's carrying the virus so if everyone wear a mask include the person who is carrying the virus we are well more protected than we don't wear , it doesn't need to be a doctor to know that it's so simple we don't spread the water comes from our mouth while speak , sneeze or cough

Edited by sadeghsep
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sadeghsep said:

Well again everyone trying to fight ????????

In this situation we don't know who's carrying the virus so if everyone wear a mask include the person who is carrying the virus we are well more protected that we don't wear , it doesn't need to be a doctor to know that it's so simple we don't spread the water comes from our mouth while speak , sneeze or cough

See the post above yours.

7 minutes ago, Salerno said:

If you have a cold then yes, wear a mask so as not to pass it onto others, if you don't there's no need to. Anyone with manners covers their mouth when coughing or sneezing already. Various medical resources have plainly stated there is no need to wear a mask unless ill.

To be fair there is a period of time when a person can be infected and show no symptoms and can infect others without knowing it.I think this is Anutin's point that he is trying to make,one can be infected and pass on the contagion without realising it.Did you know this?This is the situation where masks do help.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The most dangerous time for transmission is before you have symptoms and the means of transmission is by contact. By the time you start coughing and sneezing, I guarantee that you will be laid flat on your back, unable to move, not wandering around coughing and sneezing over everyone.

Yes that's why i say we have to use mask from now , everyone who is well or who is ill 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Daily News said in their online headline: "The day will never come when I will apologize to foreigners".

The statement shows complete and utter ignorance. The elevator is working but cannot get further than half way.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smedly said:

if the minister runs out of face masks he can wear a panty liner instead - I look forward to him providing a demonstration

That would be appropriate usage  for him  ????????????

36 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

A surgical mask is not proper respiratory protection for this disease transmission...Now if he was handing out N-95 respirators...

people like him Is why thailand is and remains a 3rd world country....

some health minister - still has rabies malaria TB etc....not an impressive resume of diseases to have...

top dog is handing out masks? Isn’t that for low level staff or volunteers to do?

shouldn’t he be spending his time working on effective policies instead?

Romney pretty damn honest - voted his conscious over his party position

"top dog is handing out masks? Isn’t that for low level staff or volunteers to do?"

It was a PR stunt, that's why he got so upset.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DLock said:

A Health minister handing out supposedly sanitary facemarks with his grubby hands in a dirty BTS station and he is surprised someone refused?

Thai's refuse nothing and probably went back for more to resell to their own family.

I did like these 2 conflicting lines.

"He said that the foreigner didn't know the measures his government and health teams were putting in place to alleviate the situation"

and then...

"He said that Thailand is letting everyone in - not like some countries that are banning Chinese, for example. "

Sir, with all due respect...you're an idiot.

Idiot is far far too polite...