Thai soldier kills 'many' in shooting rampage

rooster59

RELATED TOPIC

Thai mass shooter killed at shopping mall - security sources

2020-02-08T225504Z_2_LYNXMPEG170N4_RTROPTP_4_THAILAND-SHOOTING.JPG

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai security forces on Sunday killed a soldier after he carried out a shooting rampage that left at least 21 people dead, police and military sources said.

Full story: 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1147476-confirmed-thai-mass-shooter-killed-at-shopping-mall/

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Very sad. The selfies and the look in his eye smacks of mental instability. If there were frustrations, it is cruel it were taken out on innocent people.

Seriously, you determined he has a screw loose due to the "selfies and the look in his eye". What about the killing rampage? Is that not a sign of mental instability?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Not sure that's right the hostage situation was resolved hours ago. It went on far too long but thank God he's DEAD.

Not sure where you get the no hostage situation from, even the latest reports that its over state 8 hostages.

From the Reuters report

“The police have killed the perpetrator and rescued eight hostages. Some were wounded," said one of the security sources."

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I was saying the same earlier, if the guy is in foodland supermarket, it would not have windows and would be dark, emergency lights would only last 15-20 min.

Why would the emergency lights only last 15-20 mins?It' a huge shopping complex and I imagine would have sufficiently large backup batteries to last many hours if not days.Thailand has many blackouts so they are experienced with power outages.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sammym said:

Just to answer some general comments about snipers etc. 

Firstly if you deploy that tactic you run loads of risks: 

1. Missing and causing him to panic and start killing people. 

2. Hitting and not killing him causing the same as 1.

3. Hitting a hostage not only killing the hostage but also causing 1 again. 

Forget about the movies. Anyone who has ever used a rifle will know that hitting a moving target is far from simple. And no sniper or sharp shooter I've ever met would put his hand up in this situation at this point. 

You'd also never aim for a 'headshot'. It's too small a target. Combine this with him probably having a ballistic helmet makes is beyond absurd. You aim for the chest area as it has the ability to put someone down and is also a larger target. Again he has ballistic body armour I'd guess so the chances of that working are diminished as well. 

The priority will be to get innocent people out safely. And to do that the best option is to wait. If he falls asleep the situation changes but even then you wouldn't have some sharp shooter doing something for a couple of hundred metres away. 

A ballistic helmet will not stop a 5.56 AP round, with 1300 plus foot pounds of energy.

And snipers prefer head shots in close-range static situations, which would be the case here. If the bad guy had hostages, they'd most likely aim for the "T-Box."

Some here express happiness that he is dead. I'd have rather seen him taken alive so that society could learn his beefs and against whom and why.

Yes, I know that the truth would never truly be learned, or exposed, because no doubt he would implicate many people in GENERAL with dirty hands.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

Don't hold your breath but this might be a catalyst for real change. Many Thais are completely shocked by this and there's growing dissatisfaction with this sham of a government.

I am of the belief that people like this crazed killer are influenced by the upper echelons. Ruling by gun and terror trickles down to those less stable and they seek to emulate the style of their leaders.

Prayut's hands are far from clean in this senseless slaughter.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, neeray said:

I am of the belief that people like this crazed killer are influenced by the upper echelons. Ruling by gun and terror trickles down to those less stable and they seek to emulate the style of their leaders.

Prayut's hands are far from clean in this senseless slaughter.

Absolutely, cause and effect. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

If we weren't here, we wouldn't know it was happening?

With that said. I am in Canada at this time. When I got up this morning (12 hours behind Thai time), I saw it on ThaiVisa and got instantly consumed. Then I advised my partner in Thailand. She was not aware of it but tuned into her local news and fed me in return.

Thank you ThaiVisa for the prompt coverage.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, steven100 said:

link please or stop spreading false info.

Just look on FB you will see all the proof you need.

No re getting guns and ammunition ok he went into the amoury and helped himself. But it's not hard to get anywhere in the world let's face it.