• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Davo369 said:

Update....  apparently he wants to give himself up

Interesting timing, as NCov threatens to ravage....something new to talk about

Sounds like another place I know.....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tgw said:

I understand if someone has been severely wronged that he would shoot the people responsible. ok, they had it coming.

but not innocent people who had nothing to do with the matter.

this is just another case of small dick + small brain + big feeling on entitlement + big debt

I see how some Thai mothers raise their sons, like little kings, they wai them and call them pee this and pee that and zero discipline. after, when the little king has to fend for himself, he sees he is a total loser, many can't cope and become violent

I'm sure it isn't PTSD.

17 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

True, but you would think if someone wanted to have a pop at the wealthy dictators then taking out some innocent shoppers is a strange way to go about it. 

When people riot in cities around the world they always burn down their own local shops and businesses instead of those they are protesting against. Very strange.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

This is now a hostage situation... initial reports say that there are thought to be 16 hostages at this time.

There are two SWAT teams in place and a sniper team.

My wife's cousin is still trapped in there, i assume she isn't a hostage thankfully because she is messaging that she is hiding and is asking for help...

Lovely girl, pray she is alright.

I hope so too.

47 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

bbc has to report this first ?

Does it matter who first reported this?

Rather childish remark

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 2

Something like this has been brewing for the last couple of years. The Thai economy is in the doldrums and is getting even worse. The military government is ENTIRELY to blame for the malaise that's permeating through Thai society; the rich get richer, and the poor get left behind. The SICKO that perpetrated this MADNESS will not live to see a better Thailand. I have lived in Thailand  for well over 30 years and I love the country and its people. But, things must change!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

55 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

Thailand is going down the toilet and fast. 

True. While I'm sure everyone will sympathise with the victims (and particularly their families), this kind of problem will continue to occur. It's a part of the fragmentation of Thai society, whih we know is happening. When wais and nice words no longer work, this kind of thing is inevitable. I bet the guy is up to his ears in government-encouraged debt, probably his wife has  boyfriend, he has a girlfriend. End of his tether - can no longer cope with the changes in Thai culture I'll bet. Perhaps he's a nutter in which case, why was he allowed to get in the army? But I suspect the former, societal pressures.

Being a soldier though, that's going to require some diversionary work from Prayuth and Prawit. wait and watch - it's coming.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1

I'm living in Sima Condo at only 200m from the terminal. The niece of my wife is still inside. This is unbelievable.

It seems the guy is still inside the building. The niece her phone battery is about to die, so my wife is in total panic.

I never thought this was possible in Khorat and Thailand.

Edited by oz457
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1