Ex-soldier arrested for posting alarming message on Facebook

webfact

Ex-soldier arrested for posting alarming message on Facebook

By The Nation

800_76286dac3c9aa82.jpg?v=1581317947

Police arrested a former soldier who posted a message on his personal Facebook page threatening to commit a mass shooting in Chaiyaphum’s Robinson department store. The message, accompanied by pictures of guns, raised panic among people in the province.

The wrongdoer apologised and said he posted the message under the influence of alcohol.

“I didn’t intend to carry out such an action,” the ex-soldier claimed.

He faces three charges – under the computer law, raising panic among the public, and wearing an Army uniform without permission.

Dr Banchob Junhasawadikul, the dean of Dhurakij Pundit University’s College of Integrative Medicine, recently voiced concern that someone might attempt to imitate the action of the Korat mass shooter, a horrific incident which occurred just after the Lopburi gold heist and killing.

“The cases are not just the insanity of an individual but the craving for public attention,” Banchob said. “As the news of violent action grows bigger, it might become the next footprint for future incidents,” he added, encouraging people to help take care of other people’s mental health.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381893

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-10
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Wearing an army uniform without permission? Another law not enforced here. All my neighbours think they are in the army and always where camos, boots and all. They seem identical to what the Army uses and even one guy wears police cloths who is actually a security guard at a local factory which is really pretty mental. There is a shop not far from us selling all these uniforms so seems strange that its illegal and you need permission when i can walk in a buy some tight browns, reflective vests, gun holsters and such... Maybe i might get one for Halloween ????

Fake police do not carry a gun is your best solution.

17 hours ago, smedly said:

disgruntled people - not too many of those around

??? You'd think, but not so sure am I. Reading several BM post it seems to be an American cultural thing influencing the Thai's or that Thai anyways. Yep, for sure, the blame lies at the shores of the USA. ????

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Wearing an army uniform without permission? Another law not enforced here. All my neighbours think they are in the army and always where camos, boots and all. They seem identical to what the Army uses and even one guy wears police cloths who is actually a security guard at a local factory which is really pretty mental. There is a shop not far from us selling all these uniforms so seems strange that its illegal and you need permission when i can walk in a buy some tight browns, reflective vests, gun holsters and such... Maybe i might get one for Halloween ????

Whether something is illegal or not has absolutely no relevance in Thailand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

You seem a bit angry about this issue and I've noticed the same thing in several of your other posts so I'm concerned you might do something so I've call the authorities so pack your bag because they'll be around shortly!

No, not angry. Such activities obviously cannot be tolerated and, if proven guilty, there should be appropriate punishment.

I also believe that some people do have a nasty streak and sometimes there's a need for careful analysis to try to get to the underlying reasons for such behaviors. There may in fact be something in the background or the past which is partly driving the inappropriate behaviors.

I'm a very old man and I've been in this country for many decades, I've seen lots of situations where the perpetrator of the inappropriate behaviors needs help to resolve / open up and talk about / discuss past events. It's not a magic answer but it can help, but I'm not suggesting that shooting others etc., is OK. 

One simple example, my Thai son's buddy has a young daughter 7 years old. She was getting severly bullied at school by a boy the same age (7) but much bigger and stronger than the other kids. Teacher didn't want to know anything about the whole scenario. The little girls' father spoke to the bully boys' loud father who insisted strongly that there was nothing wrong.

It came to light that the bully boy had been seen crying at school when / where he thought nobody could see him. Eventually son's buddy convinced the school head to request that the boy have some careful counselling. In reality the girls father was a high ranking civil servant and the headmaster was frightened of the father.

End result, the boy was being severly bullied and beaten at home by both his mother and father and it started when he was a toddler (the boy was the only child), and the boy had been witnessing his father beating his mother for years.

The counseller eventually discovered the boy was acting out what he thought was normal behavior and the boy though his behaviors would make his father love him.

An uncle of the boy offered to take the boy and bring him up as his son. It was well established the uncle was an appropriate person to do this and the uncle also asked to speak to the counsellor to fully understand the whole scenario. The boy moved to another location to be with his uncle (and the wife) and within a couple of weeks he was a different kid.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

I wear some camo trousers plus a camo hat when I cut the grass and that is what I bought them for.

22 hours ago, webfact said:

He faces three charges – under the computer law, raising panic among the public, and wearing an Army uniform without permission.

I hope his 5 seconds of fame is over and a 10 year stint in the slammer helps him think about his actions!