Mid-air drama woman gives birth on packed passenger plane to Bangkok

snoop1130

18 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Do you think they want responsibility longer than absolutely necessary? However, this should have been taken care of before taking off. She should never have been on the flight. They have regulations for this kind of things.

I'm sure they don't want any responsibility but if the boy was OK, as they say, then for the sake of another 90 minutes they could have continued to Bangkok where the facilities are mainly better. Yes, it is probably company policy as you say. Agree that the woman should not have been flying but I don't know if the birth was premature? But the mother is Thai. Looks like this actually happened on 3rd/4th Feb. Nice story but poor news journalism.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/baby-birth-plane-onboard-qatar-airways-kolkata-a9316226.html

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Pretty sure you aren't meant to fly once 7 months pregnant, so this was either a very premature birth, or the woman deliberately decided to risk it. 

Which raises the question, who's gonna pay the bill for the Calcutta stopover? If she has an insurance, will it cover events like this?

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, nauseus said:

But the mother is Thai.

So isn't it interesting that she was due to transit in Bangkok on her way to holiday in Vietnam. Like so many others. For a couple of years now I've been on planes from Europe or Dubai which have been quite full, but there have been few collecting bags off the flight. Most were in transit to somewhere else.

But where you read that the mother is Thai? It isn't in the original article.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

42 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So isn't it interesting that she was due to transit in Bangkok on her way to holiday in Vietnam. Like so many others. For a couple of years now I've been on planes from Europe or Dubai which have been quite full, but there have been few collecting bags off the flight. Most were in transit to somewhere else.

But where you read that the mother is Thai? It isn't in the original article.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/baby-birth-plane-onboard-qatar-airways-kolkata-a9316226.html

The flight terminates at BKK. If she was going to Vietnam she'd have to get off there anyway.

Edited by nauseus

3 hours ago, shy coconut said:

Any old fool could step up and claim to be a doctor, they have to consider the safety

of the passenger, and safeguard themselves from possible litigation.

Also It is not unheard of that a woman doesn't realise that she is pregnant, sometimes

right up to and during labour, incredible as it seems.

Not knowing that one is pregnant seems a bit daft. So to say that they not think that if one has sex that one doesn't get pregnant . Something isn't right  here . Time will tell if someone find out.

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

What's missing is your attention to detail. It was the doctor who was on her way to Vietnam.

'Alena Fedchenko was flying from Doha to Bangkok, en route to her final holiday destination Vietnam when flight staff made an announcement at around 3am asking if there was a doctor on board'.

12 minutes ago, atyclb said:

hehe reminds me of high school reading comprehension contest

Reminds me of my lack of 'attention to detail' during religious education lessons. I once misspelled bullocks, to the hilarity of my class mates.

• Haha 2