U.S. DOJ to seek lighter prison term for Trump adviser Stone - reports

webfact

7 hours ago, pegman said:

Beat me to it. I sure hope the judge hits him hard. Say 20 yrs before parole.

POTUS will not  allow it..... POTUS is above the law can and will do anything to protect his gang of crooks..... and HIS senate let him walk free, as @Candide said "BANANA REPUBLIC" the USA lost what little was left of international community respect, US friends/allies remaining can be counted on one hand

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess soon we will see the coronation of King Donald I.

He always wanted to be stronger than Putin or the little NK rocket man.

And it seems a good part of US voters still support him.

God, please give them some brain. Or better give them a lot of brain. They really really need it.

His hard core base, about 35 percent, won't leave him no matter what. But that leaves plenty more fluid people, and there are democratic candidates that can take them (Klobuchar, Bloomberg, and to a lesser extent Buttigieg).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

His hard core base, about 35 percent, won't leave him no matter what. But that leaves plenty more fluid people, and there are democratic candidates that can take them (Klobuchar, Bloomberg, and to a lesser extent Buttigieg).

And do you think those 35% will care about the 65%?

Or will they protest about fake news and fake election and fake laws and fake judges?

And let me guess: Those 35% will have a lot more weapons than the 65%.

I hope it never comes to this but the way Trump and his supporters behave nothing surprises me anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

What do Americans think of Bloomberg's chances against Trump, if he gets the nomination?

Edited by Andrew65
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

Bloomberg can forget about the black vote.

Maybe latinos too.

No one knows this stiff outside New York.

That might be what you wish. 

But it is not the case. 

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/2020/02/mike-bloomberg-leaps-up-national-polls-thanks-in-part-to-surprisingly-strong-showing-among-african-americans.html

Mike Bloomberg leaps up national polls – thanks in part to surprisingly strong showing among African-Americans

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Bloomberg can forget about the black vote.

Maybe latinos too.

No one knows this stiff outside New York.

You have a point for the primaries. But when you consider that Trump organization was actually fined for discriminating against black would be renters and that he just awarded Rush Limbaugh the Medal of Freedom - a clown who said that NFL games reminded him of a war between the Crips and the Bloods - and all the other stuff in between, not so in the general elections.

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

You have a point for the primaries. But when you consider that Trump organization was actually fined for discriminating against black would be renters and that he just awarded Rush Limbaugh the Medal of Freedom - a clown who said that NFL games reminded him of a war between the Crips and the Bloods - and all the other stuff in between, not so in the general elections.

But the truth is that black democrats have a lot in common with all democrats. They see beating 45 as the top priority. As Bloomberg has a strong case for being the strongest choice to beat 45, he will get plenty of support from black democrats in the primaries. Also considering he has apologized which is the decent thing to do and he'd be running against an impeached indecent president that never apologizes for anything. 

As I've mentioned before, politics is complicated. Remember LGBT Americans supported Obama strongly during the entire time that he was against marriage equality, until he wasn't. 

Edited by Jingthing