Naras denies Daily Mail reports on Brit deported from Thai jail

webfact

Naras denies Daily Mail reports on Brit deported from Thai jail

By THE NATION

800_d05c1fa204058dc.png?v=1581524289

Naras Savestanan

Department of Corrections Director General Naras Savestanan today (February 12) denied reports by the UK's Daily Mail newspaper on Mark Rumble, a British national who was detained in Thailand and was said to have contacted the coronavirus before being deported to the UK on January 27 to face class A drug supply charges.

He reportedly collapsed in his cell at HMP Bullingdon, near Bicester on Monday (February 10), and was being tested for coronavirus infection, the Daily Mail said.

Naras said Rumble was sent for a check-up by doctor Ruamthip Suphanan at the Corrections Hospital, since a medical certificate was required for his return to the UK.

“He was found healthy and had no fever” the general director said. “Also we x-rayed him and tested for tuberculosis from his phlegm”.

Naras also said the Health Ministry is collaborating with his department in virus prevention in prison. “There are medical officials checking and monitoring inmates around the clock” he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30382048

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-13
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Why all the speculation (yes I know, nothing better to do ... me included .. ???? ..)  Lets just wait for the results ...   I am sure the Daily M will reassure the worlds population by publishing the outcome once its know.

Maybe we should run a bet .. infected / not infected ...  My money is on not infected ... 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Do you want to toss a coin for it?

Yep, exactly. Has he been confirmed having the virus?

Doesn't even need to have it though, fake news is enough to have all the naysayers on here spreading the gospel based on a story originating with the Sun (not the Mail),

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Daily Mail will publish a headline tomorrow saying "Boris performs miracle and cures inmates" accompanied by the usual quotes from unnamed sources.  

Will that make him Saint Boris?

However, I see there's already a St. Boris of Bulgaria.

30 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Yep, exactly. Has he been confirmed having the virus?

Doesn't even need to have it though, fake news is enough to have all the naysayers on here spreading the gospel based on a story originating with the Sun (not the Mail),

We're doomed Captain Mainwaring, doomed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

They are pretty comprehensive. I remember mine for a work permit once:

Doctor: "Are you well?"   Me: "Yes, fine."  

Doctor then wrote a out a health certificate. 

For my first driving license, 14 years ago and only 50 baht,  I didn't even have the chance to meet the doctor, it was his secretary who gave me the certificate .

and if you have a doctor in your family, my oldest daughter-in-law is a doctor, the certificate is free...made by telephatie ... ( she is working and living about 200 km from our village ) .:cheesy:

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Department of Corrections Director General Naras Savestanan today (February 12) denied reports by the UK's Daily Mail newspaper on Mark Rumble, a British national who was detained in Thailand and was said to have contacted the coronavirus before being deported to the UK on January 27 to face class A drug supply charges.

I imagine that this will be a bizarre case of a tourist authority removing an officer of the prison authority.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

They may very well have done the examination as they say, the incubation period is up to 14 days 

If that is the case then why would they say he had coronavirus? Because the prison is full of it? or is it because 'others' are full of it?

This is getting more ridiculous by the day.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

They are pretty comprehensive. I remember mine for a work permit once:

Doctor: "Are you well?"   Me: "Yes, fine."  

Doctor then wrote a out a health certificate. 

Mine was a bit more comprehensive:

While I sat on the bench in the waiting room the "doctor" asked my wife:

"What's his name"

"150 baht fee please"

"what's his address"

"finished"

• Like 1

This is the DM article confirming negative test on Rumble and another prisoner. Interesting that the comments on the article appear to have been shut down shortly after opening. Too many negative views on the DM story?

https://web.archive.org/web/20200213012516/https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7996575/Two-British-prisoners-sent-home-Thailand-NOT-coronavirus-tests-confirm.html#comments

1 hour ago, DPKANKAN said:

If it's anything like the medical certificate for my visa extension, 100 baht and don't even check your blood pressure!!????????????????

An x-ray for TB will cost 8.500 THB and up in any university hospital. I spend over 19k last week because I had to prove that I was healthy and didn't have any virus. Bloodtests only are 6k and up.