PM Prayut concerned about campus flash mobs

webfact

Just now, Isaanbiker said:

The Headline is somehow wrong and irritating. Shouldn't it be:?

Countless students very concerned about political flash mobs.

Are you dyslexic?  

Countless political flash mobs very concerned about students.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, animatic said:

What is it in the national psyche that has caused so many coups and failed governments both democratic and dictatorial? Yes a very young country, but there are other young countries with much more stable records of governance. It is baffling.

It is not baffling. A system where subservience is encouraged, and questioning authority (familial, educational, governmental) is dissuaded, breeds corruption, because there is no accountability.

Numbers also play a big part. Count from 1 - 10 and take your time saying 9 and 10.

• Like 1

You can't make such things up, can you?

" the Prime Minister telling the media today that he understands the good intent of the students adding, however, that he is concerned that they might be misled by one-sided information and might be used as a tool as part of political agenda."

Telling the media Jada Jada Jada. He is concerned about his cash flow, that's for sure. 

" Misled by one sided information?" I don't believe a word he's saying which might explain the nickname "Pinocchio". 

Does he not understand that 99 % of all Thais, including most foreigners, want to see him go together with his watch loving mate. 

Some of my students will join the protests very soon. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
Please just go and never come back.
  • Like 2

The students realized that this government cannot provide better and secure future for them. That’s probably why these students are sending message that the military should stay out from the politics in the first place after those few shooting incidents in the shopping mall.

• Like 1

The last General to rule a country democratically  and to abide by its constitution, was duly elected then re-elected and governed under the rule of law was Dwight D. Eisenhower. Perhaps Prayut could learn a lesson or two from that good General Ike and be a man of his word. Although I doubt it.

He started the problem by taking over the country, and then government, followed by harassing FFP until they finally got disbanded, so now kun Prayut you will have to live with the problems YOU have made, deal with it, these demonstrations are your doing, i would not be at all surprised if it is all orchestrated for yet another coup. Go back to the barracks where you still live illegally buy army rules and hide under a blanket.  

He pleaded with the protesting students to be open to information from the Government as well, saying that he didn’t want a repeat of the coloured political divide and eventual political unrest ...

Of course not, but when the government is not truthful and acts unlawfully against any opposition, people will protest.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

I wonder if Mr. Prayuth would be equally concerned if it was his own party that had been dissolved on flimsy grounds and "flash mobs" gathered as a result.

By the way: These are not "flash mobs", Mr. Prayuth. These are representatives of the six million voters your constitution court disenfranchised on a whim; a court, I might add, that apparently is not even supposed to exist because it has not been properly established by way of an act.

And perhaps, Mr. Prayuth, "flash mobs" wouldn't be necessary if only you had honored your promise to return democracy to Thailand. Instead, the state apparatus appears to systematically persecute political opposition. Just like in the good 'ole days, huh, Mr. Prayuth?

Frankly, the problem with soldiers in politics is that they shouldn't be in politics in the first place.    

Isn't the US President the commander in chief of the armed forces?

• Confused 2

22 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that several core leaders of rival political groups, whatever their political colours, are now serving terms in jail or are facing trial.

Funnily enough there are none from his own party despite there being so many that should be. 

But that’s ok. He still wants these people to listen to and trust him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

He started the problem by taking over the country, and then government, followed by harassing FFP until they finally got disbanded, so now kun Prayut you will have to live with the problems YOU have made, deal with it, these demonstrations are your doing, i would not be at all surprised if it is all orchestrated for yet another coup. Go back to the barracks where you still live illegally buy army rules and hide under a blanket.  

The Army General Chief can push the C button and bail him out

If I were him, I would be worried, too.

All it takes is a sharp economic downturn, and his "elected" government of assorted dinosaurs, criminals and incompetent oxygen thieves might be blown away.

The prospect of such a downturn in the near future, of course, just got A LOT more likely.

• Like 2