Pattaya and the virus: Tourists need not worry - resort has been thoroughly disinfected

webfact

5 minutes ago, balo said:

This must be the most stupid article I have read here since the virus outbreak.  Thailand never stops surprising me. 

Ahhhh, the master race actually think other nationalities believe their BS, as if the rest of the world are like Thai's from Issan.  

A big reality check coming their way now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimn said:

What has all that got to do with the virus?

A virus is carried in the Blood... Ok?

I am saying How are people who have no contact with anyone who has been to China, Has not traveled...

How have they become infected?

This was the same way Multiple Viruses have been spread in the past. Typhoid, Malaria. All someone has to do is get bitten... Someone who is already a carrier. This Female then lays her eggs and Bites how many more people... etc

You asked what this had to to with the Virus... Tell me another way to  expose someone who has had no contact, never left the States or any other Country... Become Infected... Tell me??? Why else would someone spray... Using a sprayer normally used to Fog Mosquito's???

Has anyone come up with any other Plausible solutions??? Except to ask "What's this got to do with the Virus? I am remembering Vietnam and Malaria. 98% of the time we caught it by being Bitten!

Ok??

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Up in Chiang Mai they fog the mossies about once a year, which is a complete waste of time.

I wonder if the Thai residents of Pattaya believe that this effort will be any more successful.

you need to do it every 2 weeks for 2 - 3 months this will catch the newly hatch ones. You also need to go around the area from the outskirts and force them to the center. Each pass move closer to the center... They have nowhere to go! They do not go up they stay close to ground level: up to 10-15' or less. you will have trapped 98% of them

Try it and see if in this area if there are anymore Victims... they say it takes 14 days? it is worth a try.. If there are no new Virus Victims, I believe you may have just found the answer to how People with no travel, people with no contact with someone who has... Is coming with this Corona...!

Forget about saving Face... Just save your Neighbors and Family! Your Friends...

If it is not a simple way, cheap way to try, Then go ahead and Laugh... I'll do anything for the above mentioned people around me. If you disagree don't close your eyes when you sleep... if you want to wake up! Just Saying!!

Edited by davidstipek

10 hours ago, Kraig62 said:

What about the working girls? 

Girls customers from Japan, HK, China yet so few cases in Thailand.    Is Sexual contact not a way to catch c19.

Even if the girls checks a guys temperature it could be he is in the early stages of infection.

3 minutes ago, Sal Boto said:

Girls customers from Japan, HK, China yet so few cases in Thailand.    Is Sexual contact not a way to catch c19.

Even if the girls checks a guys temperature it could be he is in the early stages of infection.

J P Morgan say no international travel.    Now that means something.

My thai gf told me she not have Herpes,  so what happened....  i ended up with Herpes............lol.

14 hours ago, shadowofacloud said:

The street in the background definitely inspires confidence.

I mean - just one look and you're absolutely sure that no virus would ever take hold in such an orderly environment.

It looks to me that the corvid virus will be seriously outnumbered by the local viruses

Once was a good gesture now can be considered unhealthy, bar/ restaurant  attendants must  stop refilling customers beer glasses! Grabbing  the glass at the top of the rim while topping them off is a no no

30 minutes ago, riclag said:

Once was a good gesture now can be considered unhealthy, bar/ restaurant  attendants must  stop refilling customers beer glasses! Grabbing  the glass at the top of the rim while topping them off is a no no

Or better yet, in the fast food restaurants when they reach their thumb or finger INSIDE the cup to get a grasp on it to hand to you ... I can feel my stomach churn.

6 hours ago, davidstipek said:

A virus is carried in the Blood... Ok?

I am saying How are people who have no contact with anyone who has been to China, Has not traveled...

How have they become infected?

This was the same way Multiple Viruses have been spread in the past. Typhoid, Malaria. All someone has to do is get bitten... Someone who is already a carrier. This Female then lays her eggs and Bites how many more people... etc

You asked what this had to to with the Virus... Tell me another way to  expose someone who has had no contact, never left the States or any other Country... Become Infected... Tell me??? Why else would someone spray... Using a sprayer normally used to Fog Mosquito's???

Has anyone come up with any other Plausible solutions??? Except to ask "What's this got to do with the Virus? I am remembering Vietnam and Malaria. 98% of the time we caught it by being Bitten!

Ok??

There is no scientific evidence for the hypotosis that the virus is transmitted by mostiquitos .

Community infection occurs, as this is droplet carried, droplets can travel up to 5 mtrs when a person sneezes or coughs, contact transmission (door knobs, hand rails, etc) 

Spreaders can be asymptomatic, whilst still spreading the virus.

Hand hygiene more effective 

Typhoid is a bacteria not a virus, malaria is spred by certain types of mosquitos carrying the "parasite" on its probiscus, which is then injected into victims when "bitten" by the mosquito, not all mosquitos carry the parasite.

Comparisons between blood borne and droplet spread do not hold up. Sorry

Edited by RJRS1301

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The move was made by the authorities to inspire confidence among tourists that the resort was clean and Covid-19 free.

The amazing thing is they're willing to stand there in full public view and proclaim they know what they're doing and in full control.

Pee baby.jpeg

9 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

every post you say this

Ask your thai friend to read/translate for you.

i say because it is true. Not every post.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Ask your thai friend to read/translate for you.

i say because it is true. Not every post.

can you translate something different to the bits where the original translation refers to the cov-19 antiseptic?

or better still, your 'entire' translation of the original Thai script please ???? 

Edited by tifino

On 3/2/2020 at 11:20 AM, webfact said:

Tourists need not worry - resort has been thoroughly disinfected

On 3/2/2020 at 11:20 AM, webfact said:

Thai media reported that Pattaya has been thoroughly disinfected. 

54 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

why do I need a Thai friend to read for me, I read Thai and speak

and speak 3 languages.

Ok White Christmas, please show me where the thai media say “Pattaya has been thoroughly disinfected” 

Where it say that?

The story only talk about they spray some around walking street to reduce chance of coronavirus spread because busy area. Normal story. 

The headline make sound ridiculous for ridicule. 

And many post is redicule.

*check your sentence, I think it wrong. “speak and speak”

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Ok White Christmas, please show me where the thai media say “Pattaya has been thoroughly disinfected” 

Where it say that?

The story only talk about they spray some around walking street to reduce chance of coronavirus spread because busy area. Normal story. 

And many post is redicule.

*check your sentence, I think it wrong. “speak and speak”

Again, you fail to read OR understand English......

Read the topic headline, when you have done that, read it again....????

8 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Sorry it was not only the headline which made it look riduculous, but the actual action of the spraying, which will have no effect on any virus anywhere.

They conveniently did not mention what was in the spray, whatever a waste of time and money