Britain tells the EU: we shall not sell out our fishermen

snoop1130

21 minutes ago, david555 said:

Now those Polish and even Romanians could / would maybe go back ….., but sure those Syrians Afghanis , Ethiopians& and similar not …. they are in their dream paradise to stay and even bring in their family's …. that is how it goes...

Absolutely, same with the Poles and Romanians.

The Romanians live quite similar to the Syrians. Neither they nor the Poles will leave the UK after 6 months.

But then, Boris knows that, but he needs the tourism from the EU. So he can't just tell Poles and Romanians they can't come.

Tourism Euros are more important, and sorely needed in the UK. Just like European buyers for the herring the British catch.

They're so lucky they have us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd have thought being a plastic Yorkshireman places you in the latter...

I thought the British were supposed to be good at humour?

Guess the Brexiters are an exception.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I'd have thought being a plastic Yorkshireman places you in the latter...

I thought the British were supposed to be good at humour?

Guess the Brexiters are an exception.

Humour? I'm currently listening to the latest Moggcast ????

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

Ah, the "Honourable Member for the 18th century". Now that is funny.

Given that his father was certifiable it's a miracle Rees Mogg Junior turned out only peculiar.

He really is funny, though generally unintentionally.

Like when he met with the AfD in Germany and complained they were not extreme enough...

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Logosone said:

The UK was only a net contributor if you look at money explicity paid to the UK by the EU and viceversa. However, if you look at the full, true, picture you would have to consider such things as 1) EU passporting rights enabled UK and international city services providers to sell financial services which would not have been the case without EU law 2) taxes paid by EU workers who relocated to London 3) tourists who travelled to the UK and spent money 4) Taxes from goods sold in an open market for goods which would not have been sold without the EU legal framework....

You can close your eyes to this reality, and practice the ostrich pose, but this does not change the fact that this was the reality. The UK derived revenue from membership in the EU that is not in the official 'paid by EU' figures which UKIP tell you.

Yes, the UK taxpayer paid child benefits to unemployed Romanian gypsies, but this was a deficiency of the UK system. I think this has been discontinued EU wide now.

I certainly remember paying National Insurance in the UK, many other EU workers paid National Insurance.

As you rightly point out the overall net cost/benefit calculation can be made quite difficult if one looks at the full picture.

Of course there was tourism before the EU, but do you really think London would have become the world's most visited city without the EU visitors? Most of whom came because of the ease of visa free travel? Undoubtedly tourism to the UK will decline now. Some may still visit. Some may even still come to work. But do you really think given the tremendous bureaucratic headache EU workers will have going to the UK to work in the future just AS MANY will choose to do that? Very, very unlikely.

It's not just Honda that is leaving, BMW, Siemens, many many big players will leave the UK. Investment in the UK will continue to go down. How do you think that will affect the UK economy?

Brexit is a losing game for the UK. Why do you want it?

I am not aware of any link between Statista which is a German online portal for statistics, which makes data collected by market and opinion research institutes and data derived from the economic sector and official statistics available in English and UKIP maybe you can provide a link if such a link exists

Which Countries are EU Contributors and Beneficiaries?

https://www.statista.com/chart/18794/net-contributors-to-eu-budget/

As you can see net contributions to the EU budget by a member state for 2018 The UK paid in 9,770 Million euros more than they received back so that means the UK is and always has been a Net Contributor to the EU budget since day 1

Paying child benefits to children not living in the UK is not a result of any deficiency of the UK benefits system and it is still payable today as a result of an European Court of Justice ruling in 2015

https://www.gherson.com/blog/eu-migrants-can-claim-child-benefit-even-if-their-children-live-in-another-eu-country-european-court-of-justice-rules

£15m in benefits sent abroad to foreign children

BRITAIN is sending child benefit to nearly 20,000 foreign youngsters living abroad, figures show.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1129175/benefits-sent-abroad-foreign-children-15m

EU workers that are posted to the UK pay Tax and national insurance to their own countries not the UK taxpayer

London has always been a main Tourist point for anyone visiting the UK eu nationals and non eu nationals and as EU nationals can still visit the uk without a visa after January 1st 2021 I am sure it will continue

As for Brexit I was in favour of the common market but since 2000 I have wanted the UK to leave the EU so i wasn't brainwashed by anything on Facebook or social media.

Edited by vinny41
forgot url

45 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I am not aware of any link between Statista which is a German online portal for statistics, which makes data collected by market and opinion research institutes and data derived from the economic sector and official statistics available in English and UKIP maybe you can provide a link if such a link exists

Which Countries are EU Contributors and Beneficiaries?

https://www.statista.com/chart/18794/net-contributors-to-eu-budget/

As you can see net contributions to the EU budget by a member state for 2018 The UK paid in 9,770 Million euros more than they received back so that means the UK is and always has been a Net Contributor to the EU budget since day 1

Paying child benefits to children not living in the UK is not a result of any deficiency of the UK benefits system and it is still payable today as a result of an European Court of Justice ruling in 2015

https://www.gherson.com/blog/eu-migrants-can-claim-child-benefit-even-if-their-children-live-in-another-eu-country-european-court-of-justice-rules

£15m in benefits sent abroad to foreign children

BRITAIN is sending child benefit to nearly 20,000 foreign youngsters living abroad, figures show.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1129175/benefits-sent-abroad-foreign-children-15m

EU workers that are posted to the UK pay Tax and national insurance to their own countries not the UK taxpayer

London has always been a main Tourist point for anyone visiting the UK eu nationals and non eu nationals and as EU nationals can still visit the uk without a visa after January 1st 2021 I am sure it will continue

As for Brexit I was in favour of the common market but since 2000 I have wanted the UK to leave the EU so i wasn't brainwashed by anything on Facebook or social media.

You are Right in your first text block.
The UK paid in 9,770 Million euros.
It is the same if you pay entry to a massage parlor.
But you also get something back.
Galileo, Interpol, Forex, Alumni, economic development, transport development, Airbus, Social renewal, Environment,  energy development, 

Regional development, State reform, Product-, legal and consumer safety.
And the association of 27 countries with the promise to stay peacefully together and mutual work on win-win situations.

And a lot is also going wrong in the EU, no Question.

Block two.
£15m in benefits sent abroad to foreign Children.
You croak about that?
15 million £ are a fly-<deleted>.
The British Army spends more on its soldiers' boot laces!

Bloch tree
Ups.
Who told you this bulllllshiiiiiiit?

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Logosone said:

Fantastic actors, but also their documentary series can be excellent.

BBC documentaries are one of the few successful British exports the world actually wants to buy.

They have some excellent documentaries.

well, yes and yes

but well lit flat show TV can become a bit tedious after some years of it, BBC could have been a bit innovative

(maybe not daily but say every 3rd year)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, david555 said:

"big heaps of written legislation"

left and right lying somewhere  …. but not a 1 piece concept if I understood it correct at the time of the  prorogation discussion 

oh well,

but that is just a very small tiny bit of the UK legislation

3 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

well, yes and yes

but well lit flat show TV can become a bit tedious after some years of it, BBC could have been a bit innovative

(maybe not daily but say every 3rd year)

The BBC was the UK's freedom broadcaster during World War II.
And now some Brexit preachers are portraying the BBC as anti-British.
Crazy times.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

From the Horse mouth so to speak The EU

Income tax

If you work in your host country for less than six months, you shouldn't be liable for income tax there. However, there are no EU-wide rules that set out which country can tax your income during a posting. This may be set out in national laws or tax agreements between EU countries.

Social security cover while abroad

As a posted worker, to continue to be covered by the social security system in your home country, you or your employer have to request a PD A1 form from the social security institution in your home country. As your PD A1 form is valid for only 24 months, if your posting to another EU country lasts longer, you can either

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/work/work-abroad/posted-workers/index_en.htm

"If you work in your host country for less than six months, you shouldn't be liable for income tax there".
Holla.
So all the guest workers in the UK move back after 6 months?
Just to ask simply:
How is the taxation situation of guest workers who work longer than 6 months in the host country?
A very, very large, super majority stays longer or not?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

"If you work in your host country for leifss than six months, you shouldn't be liable for income tax there".
Holla.
So all the guest workers in the UK move back after 6 months?
Just to ask simply:
How is the taxation situation of guest workers who work longer than 6 months in the host country?
A very, very large, super majority stays longer or not?

It depends if you go back to your home country for weekend does the clock reset back to zero? I don't know the answer to that question

6 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

It depends if you go back to your home country for weekend does the clock reset back to zero? I don't know the answer to that question

Unfortunately, a weekend abroad does not reset the tax Clock to zero.

If your place of residence and work are legally registered, you will pay taxes across the EU (including the UK) on a national basis. There are also double taxation agreements within the EU and also with the UK.

Edited by tomacht8

13 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Unfortunately, a weekend abroad does not reset the tax Clock to zero.

If your place of residence and work are legally registered, you will pay taxes across the EU (including the UK) on a national basis. There are also double taxation agreements within the EU and also with the UK.

Or if your employer creates 8 dummy holding companies at the end of each 6 monthly period the employee is moved from company 1 to company 2 then company 3 and so on

9 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Or if your employer creates 8 dummy holding companies at the end of each 6 monthly period the employee is moved from company 1 to company 2 then company 3 and so on

These are criminals who work with subcontractors.Depending on the country, there are also laws. Here, every EU country is autonomous within its tax policy. (A much-cited weakness in the EU)
Most EU countries have a strict tax authority. Tax investigation. In some countries they have very extensive powers. The more complaints about the exploitation situation reach the tax authorities, the more quickly they will react.

A little more case-related: If the UK tax authority doesn't realize that the same workers, no matter where they work and change, have worked in the country for more than 6 months, it's a weakness in the UK administration system. Hopefully the UK will soon get ID cards for the entire population. Btw. The UK is the only country in the EU that has no uniform ID cards!

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

Galileo, Interpol, Forex, Alumni, economic development, transport development, Airbus, Social renewal, Environment,  energy development, 

And the association of 27 countries with the promise to stay peacefully together and mutual work on win-win situations.

Block two.
You croak about that?

Bloch tree
Ups.

block block blegh

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

Block two.
You croak about that?

Bloch tree
Ups.

block block blegh

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Logosone said:

Absolutely, same with the Poles and Romanians.

The Romanians live quite similar to the Syrians. Neither they nor the Poles will leave the UK after 6 months.

But then, Boris knows that, but he needs the tourism from the EU. So he can't just tell Poles and Romanians they can't come.

Tourism Euros are more important, and sorely needed in the UK. Just like European buyers for the herring the British catch.

They're so lucky they have us.

Don't worry about the Poles and the Romanians overstaying , I understand that Dominic Cummings as part of his recruitment campaign has hired some British expats that have 1st hand knowledge of how the Thai immigration report a foreigner works

I think the Europeans should be more worried about those UK nationals that will be allowed to claim asylum in any EU country from January 1st 2021 as previously they have been blocked from doing so under EU rules.

14 hours ago, Logosone said:

Mercedes Benz cars will always have appeal. That is why they are desired and bought the world over. Not only will they arrive with wheels, light and windows, but with innovations UK carmakers can only dream of.

You should try making such quality products that people actually want to buy. Maybe you wouldn't have such a gaping trade deficit then.

Instead of being servants only. Financial services from the UK will be at the mercy of EU authorities soon. Better learn how to make things again.

I do remember Germany care of Volkswagen produced "Dieselgate" as you say  making such a quality product that know one wants to buy Dieselcars throughout Europe falling sales , various cities if you over a certain emission level you are not allowed to drive those cars in those cities.

It seems that British like to live on their own, being apart;

certainly one of the reasons why they left the E.U..

In Pattaya they speak a language, claiming to be English, but that no other one can understand, except for the words "f..k" and "f...... g", they use at profusion, and strangely  in an understandably way for everyone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I remember you saying on many occasions why some expats get angry with you and are often aggressive.

Besides you ramming down their throats how considerably better off you are with your Belgian pension.

Have you ever thought how judgemental you are on people.

I can see why they avoid you like a bad penny.

Totally wrong,

I avoid them, as I don't understand them mostly.

Some don't get this, they must think

-Every British understand me here, so everyone must understand me-

and therefore some can become aggressive.

Except here, and in a specific context, I never mention my pension.

And this is not to show off, as my pension is not spectacular at all in Belgium.

It may be considered as such for the British,  as they have a really small pension.

But that's up to their government.

Each country has his own priorities,

it seems the well - fare of the pensioners in the U.K. is not a top priority for the British government.

Don't blame the others for that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1