THAI losses Bt12 billion in 2019

webfact

It is not Thai Airways fault, it is the market, all these bad foreign airlines offering really too low fares, plus the price of fuel moves up and down, plus Thai does not want even 1 foreign manager on their board, even if they do have a lot of experience in profitable airlines in farangland, as they do not understand Thai Airways way. Making money is not so important, giving good service is and the shareholders are patient, even if some die before they make money. One year fuel will be very cheap and foreign airlines will raise prices. Be patient Thai Airways is the best airline to fly.

This is something I posted last October but in all honesty this could have been written 5/10/15/20 years ago. A very good airline when I used them in the 80s. Wife and I fly back to the UK on Tuesday with Qatar. Good price and good service.

Taken from an aviation forum I subscribe to. 

Airline Weekly as their feature analysis this week looks at TG
Some story highlights:
o TG home market share is merely 16%. One of the lowest in world for a national carrier
o Facings intense competition from all sides - LCCs, Chinese and Indian carriers, ME3 and carriers of every stripe from around the world.
o Suffers from years of unhelpful political meddling including executive turnover
o Overstaffed and low productivity
o Overly complex fleet
o Currency management issues - only 6% of revenue USD, but 57% of cost
o Failed to devise a coordinated strategy between TG, TG Smile and its Nok Air investment
o Split Bangkok airport with domestic customer preference to use DMK
o Outmoded pricing and revenue management practices which has historically relied on bulk discounting and tour operators
o Positions itself as a premium carrier yet has a largely outdated product in a market which is primarily low-yield tourists and local VFR
o Many non-core assets and business ventures
o Experiencing traffic decline in 6 of airlines top 10 international markets

• Thanks 1