Ministry updates list of high-risk destinations

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, christophe75 said:

So after 20 pages, several articles (PBS, Nation and the newspaper we can't pronounce the name....), plus several versions of the same article (Nation...)... we are back at square one.

Nothing makes sense. Nobody understand. Mai ru. Mai ko chai.

It's a farce. It's the inanity of the thai system... exposed in full and broad light.

What will happen to tourists coming from those countries ? Because again that's the main issue.

They still arrive in Thailand, on a daily basis, bringing with them (statistical certainty) the virus.

I guess... we'll have to ask General P.

With his amulets and his white uniform... he will lead.

Why did you expect something different?

20 hours ago, christophe75 said:

All returnees from these nations and territories must self-quarantine for 14 days, he said.

Do not forget to ask "please" first.

Okay, now, can someone sane on this forum can explain why they continue to focus on "returnees" ?

What about the people from China, Japan, SK, Italy, France etc... who arrive in Thailand, for tourism, business or whatever other reasons ?

It's insane.

They are still spending money......????

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, beano2274 said:

Wanted to go to see my wife and child and return to Germany with them, but planned only for 10 days, with 14 days quarantine can I fly back to Germany? Actually thinking it is not worth it.

Hold a British Passport and would fly from the Netherlands, which is not on the list, as I hold a UK Passport would they know I came from Germany (the high risk area in NRW)? Could use my Mums address in the UK on the Immigration form.

Sounds like it could work...

Bloomberg, at last, got it.

A western media.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-04/thailand-mulls-mandatory-14-day-quarantine-on-high-risk-arrivals?srnd=premium-asia

They are talking about those mesures.

That's all. Just talking.

The pseudo minister went too fast. General P and his cronies do not agree (money of course and face).

Hence the furious maelstrom.

At this stage, it's pure FAKE NEWS.

The whole lot.

So Nation, PBS, the hidden media with a hidden name (it becomes really ridiculous)... ARE ALL WRONG.

And if we think about it : it's perfectly rational.

The thai authorities will never have the cojones to take such decision.

I mean : to tell to a tourist coming from Italy "sorry sir, you must stay 14 days in your hotel. Or you go back where you came from".... is just preposterous.

????

"Tout est bien qui finit bien".

We will do nothing. And we will continue to enjoy all the funny viruses that all those nice tourists bring with them.

Sanook. Happy.

Edited by christophe75
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

I like  the last point. Tell the truth...hmmm

There was a pretty long segment on one of the news channels a few days ago, dedicated to chastising the guy who returned from Hokkaido, Japan. Featuring Dr. at the studio who was very vocal about the problem of people not telling the truth - and numerous experts phoning in. The message:  if you don't tell us you have been to  *Japan* we can't help you! What are we supposed to do etc.

45 minutes ago, beano2274 said:

Wanted to go to see my wife and child and return to Germany with them, but planned only for 10 days, with 14 days quarantine can I fly back to Germany? Actually thinking it is not worth it.

Hold a British Passport and would fly from the Netherlands, which is not on the list, as I hold a UK Passport would they know I came from Germany (the high risk area in NRW)? Could use my Mums address in the UK on the Immigration form.

Leave them where they are.....No point taking risks to watch telly in another country...

2 Things with this:

1.  Could not find a mask for sale anywhere in CNX today.  “Sold Out” is what I saw.

2.  If I connect in Taipei(Eva Air), Incheon(Korean Air) or even in Singapore(SQ) while returning from the United States then I would have to “self Quarantine”?

Effectively International Air Travel to and from the Land of Smiles is a No-Go for now.  

5 hours ago, ehs818 said:

I'm scheduled to visit the US in June, flying thru Seoul, S. Korea. Does connecting thru that airport mean that I should self quarantine upon my return? Or is that only required if I spend time outside of that airport? I don't plan to leave the airport but do have a 5 hour layover there. Hmmmm..... Just looking for clarification!

Sure, virus not allowed in airport.

21 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

What's the point of quarantining in a high risk country (Thailand) if you show no symptoms?

We are in a high risk country!

No, we are not. Stop with the nonsense. If official figures are correct (I seriously doubt families, and medical personnel would not blow the whistle online, on social media) Thailand is a very low risk country. Only two infections in the past week. The US had two new cases in the past 24 hours, Australia had three, Canada had three, India had 15, and S. Korea had 142. So, stop the hysterical rants. Fake news. Calm down. 

I'm currently in Perth and will be returning to Thailand in approx a week. I was looking at flying out of Perth with Scoot, which would mean a 4-hour wait at Singapore, then a flight S'pore to BKK. But reading this here flying into BKK from S'Pore might give me some hassles. Perhaps it'll be wiser for me to pay a bit extra and fly direct Perth - BKK with Thai.

Edited by TSF
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

2 Things with this:

1.  Could not find a mask for sale anywhere in CNX today.  “Sold Out” is what I saw.

2.  If I connect in Taipei(Eva Air), Incheon(Korean Air) or even in Singapore(SQ) while returning from the United States then I would have to “self Quarantine”?

Effectively International Air Travel to and from the Land of Smiles is a No-Go for now.  

You must have missed some posts. The DDC provided clarification on March 3, which demonstrates that the ministurd's statement was an exaggeration, and not reflective of reality. Air travel is still very much a go. There are no new cancelations. 

26 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

No, we are not. Stop with the nonsense. If official figures are correct (I seriously doubt families, and medical personnel would not blow the whistle online, on social media) Thailand is a very low risk country. Only two infections in the past week. The US had two new cases in the past 24 hours, Australia had three, Canada had three, India had 15, and S. Korea had 142. So, stop the hysterical rants. Fake news. Calm down. 

For sure, I definitely view Thailand as low risk. In Japan they have declared a State of Emergency in the north, schools were closed down throughout the nation as of Friday, and up north many business closed for the weekend and the whole populous was told to stay home. Despite all that, people in Japan are not near as paranoid as some people on Thaivisa. When I read Thaivisa, it makes me wonder why more more farang don't just hang themselves, and be done with it...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, BobbyL said:

All returnees from these nations and territories must self-quarantine for 14 days, he said.

Impossible to control. What about the tourists arriving from these destinations? I guess that is fine. 

wishful thinking that people will enforce these restrictions. better to isolate the suspected cases straight away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, christophe75 said:

Bloomberg, at last, got it.

A western media.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-04/thailand-mulls-mandatory-14-day-quarantine-on-high-risk-arrivals?srnd=premium-asia

They are talking about those mesures.

That's all. Just talking.

The pseudo minister went too fast. General P and his cronies do not agree (money of course and face).

Hence the furious maelstrom.

At this stage, it's pure FAKE NEWS.

The whole lot.

So Nation, PBS, the hidden media with a hidden name (it becomes really ridiculous)... ARE ALL WRONG.

And if we think about it : it's perfectly rational.

The thai authorities will never have the cojones to take such decision.

I mean : to tell to a tourist coming from Italy "sorry sir, you must stay 14 days in your hotel. Or you go back where you came from".... is just preposterous.

????

"Tout est bien qui finit bien".

We will do nothing. And we will continue to enjoy all the funny viruses that all those nice tourists bring with them.

Sanook. Happy.

Singapore news also picked it up.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/visitors-arriving-in-thailand-from-nine-places-including-singapore-advised-to-self

They say will become law when the list of countries is confirmed by publishing in the Royal Gazette.

21 minutes ago, TSF said:

I'm currently in Perth and will be returning to Thailand in approx a week. I was looking at flying out of Perth with Scoot, which would mean a 4-hour wait at Singapore, then a flight S'pore to BKK. But reading this here flying into BKK from S'Pore might give me some hassles. Perhaps it'll be wiser for me to pay a bit extra and fly direct Perth - BKK with Thai.

beyond a shadow of doubt avoid transits. get the point to point flight to minimise chances of problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, than said:

It's fun to see that the journalist, whatever their country no longer verify the information but are hunting for scoops.

sad the situation is, but you are right. sensational reporting seems to be the flavour.

• Like 1

rather than worrying about the high risk countries there should be  blanket procedure to check all arrivals and then concentrate on those showing some symptoms of the infection - temperature, difficulty in breathing, etc

• Like 1

Finally some decent reporting from Singapore's TodayOnline:

"The confusion over quarantine requirements... arose after a Facebook post by Thailand’s public health minister, Mr Anutin Charnvirakul, on Tuesday afternoon. The post, which was written in Thai and widely reported on various news sites, said that people travelling from 11 “high-risk” zones are required to self-quarantine for 14 days. 

...The post has since been deleted, although the information from the deleted post remained published on international news sites including CNN.

...Asked to clarify this report, the Royal Thai Embassy reiterated its earlier statement to TODAY, pointing out that there “will be no quarantine required for all nationalities who wish to enter our kingdom of Thailand”."

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/covid-19-amid-confusion-thai-embassy-says-singapore-travellers-thailand-need-not-be

• Thanks 1

Oh... how unfortunate.

I guess we will have to add Malaysia to this list that doesn't exist -yet.

????

They've just announced 14 news cases... Total 50.

Wait a minute... More than Thailand (43) ?

But... But.... It's hot in Malaysia, isn't it ?

And they have much less tourists (from China etc.) than Thailand ?

Hum....

It's amazing. Thailand continues to have GOOD LUCK.

Lottery day, every day. ????

Edited by christophe75

21 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I can't tell from the OP article whether the self-quarantine rules by country are only meant to apply to Thais coming back from those countries, tourists arriving from those countries, or both?

read the article again, it clearly says "Visitors" and "Thai Citizens returning" that covers both Thai nationals and tourists. so a three week stay in Thailand is only one week as the first two are confined to your hotel room....

Edited by Boyblue
wrong word...

2 minutes ago, Boyblue said:

read the article again, it clearly says "Visitors" and "Thai Nationals returning" that covers both Thai nationals and tourists. so a three week stay in Thailand is only one week as the first two are confined to your hotel room....

That was made clear in a subsequent news post in this thread AFTER I posed the question above.

The OP post in this thread by The Nation said only "returnees" with no further elaboration. That phrase might likely be interpreted as meaning only Thais, since tourists wouldn't really be "returning."  But a subsequent Thai PBS report went into more detail, and answered the question I had posed.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK