Ministry updates list of high-risk destinations

snoop1130

1 hour ago, sahibji said:

beyond a shadow of doubt avoid transits. get the point to point flight to minimise chances of problems.

Thanks for your response. I'll take your advice and pay a bit extra and take the Thai flight.

1 hour ago, DFPhuket said:

Finally some decent reporting from Singapore's TodayOnline:

"The confusion over quarantine requirements... arose after a Facebook post by Thailand’s public health minister, Mr Anutin Charnvirakul, on Tuesday afternoon. The post, which was written in Thai and widely reported on various news sites, said that people travelling from 11 “high-risk” zones are required to self-quarantine for 14 days. 

...The post has since been deleted, although the information from the deleted post remained published on international news sites including CNN.

...Asked to clarify this report, the Royal Thai Embassy reiterated its earlier statement to TODAY, pointing out that there “will be no quarantine required for all nationalities who wish to enter our kingdom of Thailand”."

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/covid-19-amid-confusion-thai-embassy-says-singapore-travellers-thailand-need-not-be

I read it from The Straits Times. I like the Title:

Singapore Thai embassy clarifies Bangkok advisory; healthy Singaporeans need not self-quarantine upon arrival in Thailand

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/visitors-arriving-in-thailand-from-nine-places-including-singapore-advised-to-self

Singapore is basically saying, "Anutin, get with the program!"

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2020 at 11:43 AM, BobbyL said:

All returnees from these nations and territories must self-quarantine for 14 days, he said.

Impossible to control. What about the tourists arriving from these destinations? I guess that is fine. 

Best for tourists from these countries to stay out. I mean it.

Just look at daily increasing nos. in Germany and Italy.

22 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Foreign visitors or Thai returnees from the high risk areas are required to file a daily report on their health with designated health officials during the quarantine period and, if they become unwell or suspect they may be sick, they must inform health officials within three hours so that they can undergo further testing, receive treatment or be isolated.

A daily report? WOW ! so they have multilingual designated health officials now, i am impressed,  will that be by phone or an app that won't work? Another badly thought out idea by a nut in government.

We had two Thai friends came back from Japan last week and they were told to self isolate; guess what ?  They didn't and one called my wife to say she was coming around to see her but wife said don't want you around here for at least two weeks and asked her why she is out and about already ?   Answer was ''Nothing wrong with me, it's a waste of time staying indoors '' !

• Like 1

the deputy health minister of Iran was on their news programme admitting their are 12,000 infected patients in hospitals, which is 20%, and the other 80% infected patients with mild symptoms or showing less urgency are at home, that’s a total of 60,000 infected patients from mild to serious, that’s what they admitted too and those numbers are what they know, many more would be uncounted, even hot countries are having large increases of infections, Malaysia today, India, nobody can wait for this lot to keep lying like the Chinese, better be prepared, even if it’s mild

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Once the virus broke containment all of these additional precautions are mainly for show. This virus is going to be an ongoing concern just like the flu. Everyone needs to improve their personal hygiene for the good of society.

• Like 1

Death rates seem to be somewhat higher than previously claimed. Ok, there may be many asymptomatic cases, but you cannot count what you cannot measure. Global death rate is around 3%, BUT this doesn't count all those currently sick who are included in total cases but may die later. China's dead to recovered percentage is nearly 6%. Italy, Iran and USA also have high rates, with many still critical. This may be a reflection of the real quality of countries health systems...... 

Do they check the passport nationality or the plane ticket origin?

Because I'm from a high risk country.

What if I have a layover in Dubai?

Or what if I enter from Laos?

But my passport is a high risk passport? ...

While we're eating our som tam... Israel did it.

Quarantine IMPOSED for all visitors coming from France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Spain (i24news).

And while were sipping our tom yam  :

"Gene sequencing by Beijing Ditan Hospital found coronavirus in the cerebrospinal fluid of a 56-year-old confirmed #COVID19 patient with encephalitis, which provides evidence that COVID19 can invade patients’ nervous systems, just like SARS and MERS."

https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews/status/1235178507820347392

Snap. Too bad. "Just the flu !"

On 3/3/2020 at 11:54 PM, christophe75 said:

All returnees from these nations and territories must self-quarantine for 14 days, he said.

Do not forget to ask "please" first.

Okay, now, can someone sane on this forum can explain why they continue to focus on "returnees" ?

What about the people from China, Japan, SK, Italy, France etc... who arrive in Thailand, for tourism, business or whatever other reasons ?

It's insane.

So if a Thai visits France, and then come back : 14 days quarantine (fair enough)

But a french guy, who lives in France, and who arrives in Bangkok to spend 2 weeks holidays... what do we do ?

From a statistical point of view : the french citizen represents a higher risk to be infected.

Compared to the thai tourist who just spend 1 week in Europe.

The low level of this pseudo governement, is hurting. Nothing less.

if you read the article it says returnees and visitors.... although i agree impossible to keep track of self isolating holiday makers..

7 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

We had two Thai friends came back from Japan last week and they were told to self isolate; guess what ?  They didn't and one called my wife to say she was coming around to see her but wife said don't want you around here for at least two weeks and asked her why she is out and about already ?   Answer was ''Nothing wrong with me, it's a waste of time staying indoors '' !

That's exactly how it will spread.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Darkside Gray said:

Ho2w do people coming from these destination get from the airport to the place of residence without coming into contact with hundreds of people, passing through the airport, public transport, hotel staff. Not really good thinking here!

Lately it seems politicians everywhere are making up laws "on the fly" without

thought of how it will work or be implemented.

Thailand is even worse when you consider: Army, Thai thinking and "Thai face" 

If anyone, media or otherwise should challenge this Thai minister or ask any awkward questions like above..

the typical Thai answer:

"You think to much"

Then If they persist the guy will get furious and start throwing around threats.

which is standard Thai 101.

So If you are a tourist coming in soon, add a new lot of <deleted> Immigration officers can throw at you at the airport.

Then think about how many times in handling your visa affairs, you will be forced into these options:

- travel to an IMMS office for extension.

- exit/ enter the country.

- travel 9+ hours in a van/bus.

- flying in/out.

And conside Isaan Songkran (if you are there)

where they actually drive all around the area on the back of a pick-up and splash each other with water..

perfect way of how to meet people and become infected.

Yes maybe I

"Think to mutt"

Yes. it was kinda cute and all when there were not such bad implications..

but when sหit gets real, i think id prefer to think to much instead of not at all! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Now panic enough to let two of our Thai nieces living in Germany to cancel their annual visit of parents/family parents in July.

Crazy.

I hope they rethink it.

Nothing to worry

• Sad 1

So, this article seems to say that instead of telling people to stay at their home for two weeks, the people arriving from the countries on the list may be put into guarded military bases. 

"

Dr Suwannachai said that healthy people returning from Covid-19 risk countries would be quarantined at specific and guarded facilities. Previous returnees were being monitored.

Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon said five military compounds were prepared to quarantine Thai workers who would return from South Korea.

Defence Ministry spokesman Lt Gen Kongcheep Tantrawanit declined to elaborate on their locations, citing security reasons."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1872224/four-new-local-covid-19-cases

UK flyBe airline has gone bust today ,it was shaky but the virus has finished em off .with 2000 laid off .nobody wanted to fly to europe any more.. allegedly an aggresive new strain found in UK as well..

talk of soccer and rugby games being held behind closed doors

Edited by 3NUMBAS

2 hours ago, JCP108 said:

So, this article seems to say that instead of telling people to stay at their home for two weeks, the people arriving from the countries on the list may be put into guarded military bases. 

"

Dr Suwannachai said that healthy people returning from Covid-19 risk countries would be quarantined at specific and guarded facilities. Previous returnees were being monitored.

Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon said five military compounds were prepared to quarantine Thai workers who would return from South Korea.

Defence Ministry spokesman Lt Gen Kongcheep Tantrawanit declined to elaborate on their locations, citing security reasons."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1872224/four-new-local-covid-19-cases

These are exciting times