Ministry updates list of high-risk destinations

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I can't tell from the OP article whether the self-quarantine rules by country are only meant to apply to Thais coming back from those countries, tourists arriving from those countries, or both?

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/new-anti-virus-measures-for-foreign-visitors-and-thais-returning-from-high-risk-areas/?fbclid=IwAR0Z35uyyFXlEweX5hoteiaCdbYra9v4H4luUWk-CtX--5jTCvshgVJRr3o

The last line of the article ain't good ????

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

OK I apologize (to the minister).

But it's the fault of sxxxty report of Nation ! They are talking ONLY about "returnees".

So to summarize : this list applies to THAI people who return AND to FOREIGNERS who visit Thailand.

Visitors and Thai citizens returning from the high risk areas will be subject to 14-days home quarantine, even if they are cleared of the disease, unless they have permission from health officials

But as usual... there is twist.

Those who do not have a permanent residence or lodging in Thailand are required to show officials, upon arrival, evidence of where officials can locate them during the 14-day period.

????

So basically tourists coming from those "risky" countries.. well... they are free to do what they want. No quarantine. Just leave a phone number.

Ah ah ah ah. What a joke.

SO I TAKE BACK MY APOLOGIES !

The minister is totally inane.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I can't tell from the OP article whether the self-quarantine rules by country are only meant to apply to Thais coming back from those countries, tourists arriving from those countries, or both?

@Yorkshire Tea  This other line from the ThaiPBS report you linked above also seems to answer the question I posed above:

Visitors and Thai citizens returning from the high risk areas will be subject to 14-days home quarantine, even if they are cleared of the disease, unless they have permission from health officials.

Those who do not have a permanent residence or lodging in Thailand are required to show officials, upon arrival, evidence of where officials can locate them during the 14-day period.

For those who cannot produce evidence of a formal lodging, such as a hotel or hostel, during their visit in Thailand, immigration officials are authorized to send them back home or to allow them entry subject to 14-days of self-quarantine.

So at least on paper, it would appear to apply to everyone. Now, how that's going to be enforced, is always a question here.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, christophe75 said:

So basically tourists coming from those "risky" countries.. well... they are free to do what they want. No quarantine. Just leave a phone number.

I don't know where you're getting that idea from. I don't see anything in the news report that suggests your interpretation.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

First time I've seen the Thai govt. publicly address that issue re tourists & visitors:

All the medical expenses incurred will be borne by the individuals themselves.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't know where you're getting that idea from. I don't see anything in the news report that suggests your interpretation.

The article from PBS.

A tourist doesn't have a "permanent residence".

So I repeat : "what's your phone number ?"

That's all.

So we are back at square one.

A Thai who comes back from a small trip in South Korea : 14 day quarantine (but no law to impose, like the Watchman told us)....

A South Korean who comes to Thailand for a small trip : "Leave us your phone number".

Pure insanity.

Edited by christophe75

6 minutes ago, christophe75 said:

A South Korean who comes to Thailand for a small trip : "Leave us your phone number".

Pure insanity.

No, it would be... show us some evidence of where you're planning to stay, or, face the prospect of being sent back to your home country.

For those who cannot produce evidence of a formal lodging, such as a hotel or hostel, during their visit in Thailand, immigration officials are authorized to send them back home or to allow them entry subject to 14-days of self-quarantine.
Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

I don't know why Taiwan is on the list when the cases are less than Thailand.

because Taiwan Chinese are not the particular variation that Thailand has to bow to...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

No, it would be... show us some evidence of where you're planning to stay, or, face the prospect of being sent back to your home country.

Why you don't understand ?

I arrive in Thailand, from South Korea. I show a booking.com reservation.

Immigration gives me my 30 days.

(Admit that this is the case of MOST tourists.)

And then ?

AND THEN ?

I DO WHAT I WANT.

I can go out, go BTS, shopping malls... I don't have any quarantine to respect.

I can share my virus (if i am infected, but asymptomatic) with the whole freaking BKK.

So I repeat for the X times : it doesn't make any sense.

-A Thai who comes back, without symptoms : "please 14 days quarantine, stay home" (but not mandatory... first twist)

-A South Korean who visits Thailand, without symptoms : "please show me your hotel booking"

Okay ?

Is that clear now ?

I mean it's enough to deal with the BS coming from thai officials, the pathetic reporting of Nation and other thai medias... but now even on TV.... It's exhausting.

Asymptomatic carriers are the ennemy. The guy who disembarks from the airplane with 41 degrees fever, and coughing.... is easy meat. We don't care about him.

Edited by christophe75
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, christophe75 said:

Is that clear now ?

Foreign visitors or Thai returnees from the high risk areas are required to file a daily report on their health with designated health officials during the quarantine period and, if they become unwell or suspect they may be sick, they must inform health officials within three hours so that they can undergo further testing, receive treatment or be isolated.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lujanit said:

I know a family who visited one of those countries for ten days.  They arrived back here three days ago.  No self isolation just carrying on as normal.

The OP news report here is a NEW policy. Those kinds of restrictions didn't exist before for Thailand arrivals, not even for China-origin arrivals. But now, supposedly, they will.

New anti-virus measures for foreign visitors and Thais returning from high risk areas

000_1P91WU.jpg

The arrival area of Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok. (Photo by Romeo GACAD / AFP)

Thailand’s Public Health Ministry, via a ministerial announcement, has designated nine countries and two territories as high risk areas for COVID-19, and visitors to Thailand from these areas will be subject to 14-day home quarantine and will have to adhere to health related follow-up measures.

The nine countries, defined by Thailand as “high risk”, are Japan, South Korea, Germany, China, Taiwan, France, Singapore, Italy and Iran, and the two territories are Macau and Hong Kong.

Ministerial announcements specify the following four measures for enforcement:

• Visitors and Thai citizens returning from the high risk areas will be subject to 14-days home quarantine, even if they are cleared of the disease, unless they have permission from health officials.
  • Those who do not have a permanent residence or lodging in Thailand are required to show officials, upon arrival, evidence of where officials can locate them during the 14-day period.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/new-anti-virus-measures-for-foreign-visitors-and-thais-returning-from-high-risk-areas/

thaipbs.jpg