Biden snags Texas in Super Tuesday sweep, Sanders has edge in California

snoop1130

50 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

????????????

As John McEnroe would say "you cannot be serious!"

Biden - decent? Guess you see nothing wrong with young Hunter's or Biden's brother raking it in while he was VPOTUS then? They'll cash in even more if he gets elected. But as long as they're all left wing, that's o k because it's their norm.

Trump - lovely? Oh well, each to their own!

You disappointing. The same old same old conspiracy theory for the past years and still nothing official. Just this? Low and not lovely. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

She’s waiting all right—for Crazy Joe to choose her for VP on the ticket.  Then Joe croaks and voila:  Madam President.

45 fan fantasy. 

HRC is out of politics. 

End of. 

But the grain of truth here is that his VP pick will be more important than usually. 

It won't be Warren if for no other reason than her senate seat would be replaced with a republican governor. 

The names with the most buzz now are Stacey Abrams, Kamala Harris, and Amy Klobuchar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Enough with the bogus DNC conspiracy theories. Biden is currently the democratic party's VOTERS choice. 

These it's all rigged stories serve the purposes of Putin and 45.

Conspiracies exist all the time , every time a bunch of people get together and decide on a common plan it is a conspiracy. History is full of conspiracies, some good others, Not so much.  

It is a basic, and common propaganda device to try to equate "Conspiracy" with nutty , tinfoil, theories, dismiss it as such, and marginalize opposition. 

Edited by sirineou

12 hours ago, unsubscribe said:

I doubt biden can beat trump, we already saw how this plays out in 2016. People understand that they're getting screw ed in the current system and they want an outsider.

..but the democratic establishment selects a candidate who will continue corporatist neoliberal policies at the expense of the working middle class and poor. (https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/19/vowing-not-demonize-rich-biden-tells-billionaires-nothing-would-fundamentally-change)

Sad truth is the DNC and elites would rather lose with biden or hillary than win with bernie.

This is how the folks across the pond see it (Daily Telegraph):

Trump.jpg.c65a07a2ba78a1925c678fd3abdd9f0a.jpg

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Conspiracies exist all the time , every time a bunch of people get together and decide on a common plan it is a conspiracy. History is full of conspiracies, some good others, Not so much.  

It is a basic, and common propaganda device to try to equate "Conspiracy" with nutty , tinfoil, theories, dismiss it as such, and marginalize opposition. 

People who feel powerless are more likely to believe in conspiracy theories,” the psychologist Jan-Willem van Prooijen says, and conspiracy theories can help rectify their situations. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I'm kinda torn with all of this.

Trump won because of a visceral response to politics as usual.

Nobody explained to a steelworker in Ohio that globalization was probably going to mean he would lose his well paid job, not be retrained as a 50 yo male coder for Google, and end up as a minimum wage worker at an Amazon warehouse. 

So yeah folks are angry, and they reacted by voting for a vile individual who in normal times would have been trounced, but what do you do to actually protest?

If Biden can articulate a path out of this, without fueling the worst instincts in people, which is Trumps playbook, he may win.

But I ain't no soothsayer, and maybe Bernie does represent the 'Anti Trump'

Absolutely, Biden needs to cut the "Malarkey" LOL

but i am not sure you can teach an old dog new tricks, and I think people know it. They might write him a script, and he might read it, But I don't think people will buy it. 

Sanders has being consistent, he is the same today as he was in 2016. I don't expect him to be able to do all the things he wants to do, after all he is not running for emperor,But I do expect him to honestly try. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

People who feel powerless are more likely to believe in conspiracy theories,” the psychologist Jan-Willem van Prooijen says, and conspiracy theories can help rectify their situations. 

That might be true, People need to be able to rationalize their condition to no fault of their own and invent "conspiracies"

But it is also true that even paranoids have real enemies.  

8 minutes ago, sirineou said:

but i am not sure you can teach an old dog new tricks, and I think people know it. They might write him a script, and he might read it, But I don't think people will buy it. 

Sanders has being consistent, he is the same today as he was in 2016. I don't expect him to be able to do all the things he wants to do, after all he is not running for emperor,But I do expect him to honestly try. 

Honestly I really don't know what to do. I see the arguments on both sides of the Biden/Sanders.

You are right, Sanders does feel more honest, but does that get him through the electoral college?

Is Biden like he former Boss, talks a good talk then when in power preserves the Status Quo?

Now my tiny little State means precious little in the overall scheme of Democratic politics, but my vote means quite a lot to me.

So as we approach June 2nd and I actually vote, I got a lot of thinking to do

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Honestly I really don't know what to do. I see the arguments on both sides of the Biden/Sanders.

You are right, Sanders does feel more honest, but does that get him through the electoral college?

Is Biden like he former Boss, talks a good talk then when in power preserves the Status Quo?

Now my tiny little State means precious little in the overall scheme of Democratic politics, but my vote means quite a lot to me.

So as we approach June 2nd and I actually vote, I got a lot of thinking to do

I feel exactly the same my friend. not an easy cookie to crumble. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

45 fan fantasy. 

HRC is out of politics. 

End of. 

But the grain of truth here is that his VP pick will be more important than usually. 

It won't be Warren if for no other reason than her senate seat would be replaced with a republican governor. 

The names with the most buzz now are Stacey Abrams, Kamala Harris, and Amy Klobuchar.

That's scary.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Not sure how to respond to that. Maybe be more specific. 

Actually any current Dem is scary. I have followed your buzz picks and to be honest they do not align with mainstream Americans.  The current frontrunners are a serious embarrassment. Can't wait for November.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is one expert ( lol) big poster on here who is ALWAYS wrong whether it’s POTY or Pres. So since mayor Petey, Klobuchar and Bloomberg were favored and now have dropped out Biden is the new flavor. Sooo looks like Sanders will definitely be the Dem to win.  

9 minutes ago, albertik said:

Actually any current Dem is scary. I have followed your buzz picks and to be honest they do not align with mainstream Americans.  The current frontrunners are a serious embarrassment. Can't wait for November.

Like the majority of mainstream that didnt vote for trump.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, albertik said:

Amy Klobuchar isn't mainstream? 

On what planet? 

13 minutes ago, albertik said:

It’s amazing  that the top “ political experts” on here have not even lived in the USA for years and have not even VISITED the States recently!!  They seem to know exactly what average Americans think and feel I just spent 3 weeks in the Cambridge Ma area and live there in the Summer and Fall and let me tell you one thing, 

They are DELUSIONAL and reading link after link does not make one an expert  A beer at a local bar in the USA will provide more truthful answers about the beat , vibe or BUZZ on the street than hanging out in Patts lol. Good luck Dems the choices are just horrible. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Amy Klobuchar isn't mainstream? 

On what planet? 

If Klobuchar was a woman of color she'd tick all my boxes, but I'm willing to compromise.

Harris on the other hand, as a Californian I can't forgive her, when as Attorney General of California she, for whatever reason, failed to call anyone to account to the blatant corruption around the San Onofre nuclear power plant fiasco, which has cost ordinary Californians billions of $ to fix 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Best face the reality that he probably won't be nominated and really shouldn't be. His electability argument was based on massive turnout of young voters. It's a hollow hope considering he didn't get that in the primaries. Also the only reason he won California is because of massive early voting which happened before the dramatic shift to Biden. Bernie simply does not have the appeal to organize a winning coalition either within the democratic party or more widely. Never has and never will. Sure he's consistent. So is a broken record. 

4 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

If Klobuchar was a woman of color she'd tick all my boxes, but I'm willing to compromise.

Harris on the other hand, as a Californian I can't forgive her, when as Attorney General of California she, for whatever reason, failed to call anyone to account to the blatant corruption around the San Onofre nuclear power plant fiasco, which has cost ordinary Californians billions of $ to fix 

I prefer Abrams but picking her will be seen as risky because of her relatively lower level state government experience. Probably stronger experience than Mayor Pete though. But face it Biden is correctly seen as the safe choice for the top of the ticket. But too safe is boring. Picking Abrams would give his candidacy an edge and also a chance to take more southern states. 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Best face the reality that he probably won't be nominated and really shouldn't be. His electability argument was based on massive turnout of young voters. It's a hollow hope considering he didn't get that in the primaries. Also the only reason he won California is because of massive early voting which happened before the dramatic shift to Biden. Bernie simply does not have the appeal to organize a winning coalition either within the democratic party or more widely. Never has and never will. Sure he's consistent. So is a broken record. 

This 'young voter' turnout thing is a total pie in the sky.

The high point of young voter turnout was in the last 40 years....... wait for it

Those two studs, HW Bush & Michael Dukakis.

The young are always vocal, but the vocal tend to be small in numbers, the majority no matter what the hype just don't vote.

It's the silent old fossils like most of us on TVF who actually turn out and vote.

Reality is a bitch sometimes!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

All these might be true, but it does not change the facts concerning Biden.

Lets hope you are right and I am wrong.

IMO With Biden at best we are looking more of status quo at worst four more years of trump, both IMO appealing options ,one being the least of two evils.

If Biden is nominated I will certainly vote for him and even contribute to his campaign, but I will not like it.  

13 minutes ago, sirineou said:

IMO With Biden at best we are looking more of status quo at worst four more years of trump, both IMO appealing options ,one being the least of two evils.

If Biden is nominated I will certainly vote for him and even contribute to his campaign, but I will not like it.  

I hope most Bernie supporters share your wisdom. We must beat 45.

46 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Biden will be the nominee as Operation Screw Bernie is very close to being complete. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/04/joe-biden-bernie-sanders-michigan-121160

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 8:09 PM, Ventenio said:

Bloomberg really did GREAT!!!!  

He could have saved 932749204732943489324324 poor families or got 7 electoral (?) votes....  I'd take that 7 any day!!!!  

He should go and spend 10 billion on commercials and go watch them at church with friends from the slums of Detroit.  

lol

Bit like the cost.of trumps golf trips.