Jonathan Fairfield

14 hours ago, Yinn said:

No. You have a link? Or imagine it?

Why? 

Impossible. How people go to work? 

Is the line on a map. No effect. 

USA 11 dead, only 160 sick. Hmmmm

Maybe will ban USA soon? 

Because most of the dead were in a nursing home for old people.

3 hours ago, todlad said:

At first there was only one risky country! Thailand is 23rd on the list of infected countries, with just 47 reported cases and 1 death. This is in spite Thailand's proximity to China and its many Chinese visitors.

I think you should say, rather, that Thailand's plans for the future should be more certain now ... as is the case with all countries. The leader of the free world thinks this is all fake news: at least Thai politicians recognise it is a problem and have been working on it.

I hope you are right and that local health education and awareess is superior restricitng transmission. Of course that relates to how credible sources are, of course as there are no examples of ignorance, maladministration or calumny in LOS we can all sleep easy.

I wonder what all the newly unemployed thai "ladies' retrning from Korea wll turn their hand to ? Influencers, cloud seeders, somtam vendors?

• Like 1

Posts in violation of the following have been removed:

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

And posts containing links or content from unapproved sources have been removed. 

39 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/index.php

Official English translation of the document by the Ministry of Public Health that was published in the Royal Gazette last night naming six countries and territories that are considered high risk.

Check out the bottom, he signed that on the 2nd March, that's 4 days ago. These guys chnage their minds by the minute.

• Like 1

Regarding foreigners, Rungreung said, they will have to inform the immigration police where they’ll be staying in Thailand upon their arrival. The immigration will then instruct the hotels to keep the foreigners inside their premises for 14 days; any violation must be immediately reported to the immigration.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/03/06/govt-to-impose-quarantine-for-travelers-from-6-countries-territories/

6 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Did that 1:30 announcement happen? If so, what did it reveal? Link?

Announcement has been delayed till 2.30pm, but in the meantime I found this link on twitter, the Chinese are coming back from the 13th March direct flights resume from Shenzhen - Bangkok LOL

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-03/04/c_138843061.htm

32 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

Good. Ban China. Nasty lot half of em are...

Saw a Chinese sticking their hand in some meat at the store...Ever see videos about living over there? F, that. Ha.

I worked there for many years, great people - like the rest of the world there are good and bad everywhere.

I wouldn't let "social media" influence your opinion about them.

Sorry, you already have ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, clearance said:

Not a problem to stay at home for 14 days, but what about the food? Even if we order it online, we need to go meet delivery guy.

No you don't: he delivers and leaves the bill and walks 20 metres away, you open door, take everything in, leave the money (disinfected) and everyone's happy 

1 hour ago, Jane Dough said:

Are you talking about the UK or Thailand, please specify.

I wouldn't limit it to the UK or Thailand, there's plenty of governments filled with self interested idiots, if not all of them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaleLemke said:

What is the difference between a quarantine and a “compulsory quarantine”? 

it means you have to do it or you face legal consequences. 

and in some cases you are detained in a facility.

1 hour ago, P100 said:

Quarantined at home but then have to go to report to authorities every day (or they come to check...) So smart. It's Thailand. And tourists stay in hotel? Good for the hotels with guaranteed occupation but who will make up the rooms? And after they go... who comes to disinfect?

You know what I would do if I found out there were diseased people staying in the same hotel as me?

I would check out immediately and go somewhere else.

8 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

it means you have to do it or you face legal consequences. 

and in some cases you are detained in a facility.

I know but I doubt it’s ever optional. Anytime you’re getting quarantined unless it’s voluntary at home it’s a detention. 

Edited by DaleLemke

Listening to the News Conference just now.  The ministers said you can find masks everywhere and they should cost 2 baht.  Funny, I was at the Chaeng Wattahna Immigration government complex yesterday, and tried to get masks from the government pharmacy.  They "Not Have".  I have looked for the last week and the only ones i see are from people sitting outside markets, which I would not trust as of the recent cleansing and resell scam....unbelievable.  However, a pharmacist who lives below me  few floors said that masks do not work, and to make my own hand sanitizer so I am not gouged by the touts.

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Listening to the News Conference just now.  The ministers said you can find masks everywhere and they should cost 2 baht.  Funny, I was at the Chaeng Wattahna Immigration government complex yesterday, and tried to get masks from the government pharmacy.  They "Not Have".  I have looked for the last week and the only ones i see are from people sitting outside markets, which I would not trust as of the recent cleansing and resell scam....unbelievable.  However, a pharmacist who lives below me  few floors said that masks do not work, and to make my own hand sanitizer so I am not gouged by the touts.

The wife is telling me its hit or miss trying to find (isopropyl alcohol), which is used in making  a  effective hand sanitizer

Edited by riclag

I'm flying from CNX via BKK and SIN to ZRH in April, and back same route 8 days later. SIA hasn't answered my question yet whether I will be subject to quarantine or not, or will face another problem. I feel healthy, and have no problem to be quarantined in our house in Chiang Mai if need be, but everything else would let me consider to cancel this trip. I have not found a clear answer about such travel plans anywhere so far.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

The wife is telling me its hit or miss trying to find (isopropyl alcohol), which is used in making  a  effective hand sanitizer

yes, Isopropyl alchol and Aloe Vera Gel, with a little bit of scented oil.  Of course, peolple are snapping up this as well.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am headed back to the US shortly. Wonder if in a month's time, if that will be on the compulsory list too? 13 deaths in a very short period. And the administration there seemed to be totally unprepared for this. They could have been preparing test kits a month ago, when congress asked for emergency funding, and were turned down by men with extreme myopia. Now they are up to 226 cases, five in the past 24 hours. And 13 deaths. This could take down Trump. I sure hope so. Those deaths fall squarely on his shoulders, for withdrawing the funding of the epidemiology budget of the CDC, to pay for 16 Tomahawk missiles. Beyond inane. Beyond ignorant. 

Your funny, you got the wrong thread ,this is about Thailand

Edited by riclag