Health Ministry announces list of high-risk virus-hit nations

webfact

2 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Are these people serious?

2 hours ago, PatOngo said:

I think they are, good, aren't they! ????

They are awesome.

For the few ones who were still wondering about their capacities/abilities, proof is made. 

Now I praise myself lucky and safe having enough 100€ bills from pre Covid-19 year(s)….????????????

it's a crazy time now.... contaminated money ….

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wiggy said:

What? Banknotes being quarantined?Also, the last time I looked there were 20s, 50s, 100s and lots of coins around. Are these people serious? Utter madness. 

Check BILL

for those who need training in high speed note checking 7-11 the rapid riffle, of course busy places may be just as hazardous as handling laundered money, whole things a masquerade to receive WHO aid while not emptying hotels short time.

It's annoying when I get 30,000 Baht (ATM limit) in 500 Baht bills as they can barely fit in the wallet as the wedge is so thick.

It's a good job I've been keeping a rolling  stock of 1000's in my own little quarantine zone here in the house.

I’d like to know the current BoT USD reserves balance.  A curious currency inversion took place in the last 24 hours—USD/Baht down over 1%, while Chinese Yuan actually rose by the same hourly pattern.  Something’s rotten at BoT...

• Like 1

There are two ways to get a warm fuzzy feeling. 1. is to come out with absolutely ridiculous statements and try to look intelligent the other way is P!SS your pants.Strongly suggest these guys take a change of clothes to work. Maybe better for  their career prospects. 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The Bank of Thailand (BOT) on Thursday (March 5) issued a statement urging financial institutes to use new Bt500 bills instead of existing Bt1,000 bills as a measure to lessen the risk of Covid-19 infection, saying that some of banknotes might be contaminated.

????? In this country every reason is good to appear in the media ...

The World Health Organization said the British public should exercise care when handling potentially infectious banknotes. Asked whether banknotes could be spreading coronavirus, a WHO spokesman replied: “Yes it’s possible and it’s a good question. We know that money changes hands frequently and can pick up all sorts of bacteria and viruses and things like that.

“We would advise people to wash their hands after handling banknotes, and avoid touching their face. … When possible it’s a good idea to use contactless payments.”????

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/03/06/coronavirus-cash/

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

It's annoying when I get 30,000 Baht (ATM limit) in 500 Baht bills as they can barely fit in the wallet as the wedge is so thick.

It's a good job I've been keeping a rolling  stock of 1000's in my own little quarantine zone here in the house.

Look at the bright side of life: Double as many money notes seems more impressive, i.e. you make more face...????

19 hours ago, ukrules said:

Well, the purple 500’s give you some cache.  Did you know the purple 500’s are the smallest number in circulation,  And the next lowest number of bills in circulation?  The blue 50’s.

2 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Well, the purple 500’s give you some cache.  Did you know the purple 500’s are the smallest number in circulation,  And the next lowest number of bills in circulation?  The blue 50’s.

Yeah, the 50's seem to be especially rare which is shame as it's a good note.

Great idea! Must remind wife to adopt black death money handling procedures for the shop - drop all notes and coins into a bowl of vinegar, hope they don't dissolve to quickly ...... ????

It's the coins (metal) that can carry the virus (longest).

This measure taken from Chinese playbook.

It's something do as not to give appeance of doing nothing.

Thailand's numbers seem less than fully disclosed. There's been zero mention if test kits. Like China I guess if you don't test, then no one has the flu. Problem solved.

Edited by Number 6

10 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

I think the 50s are in far shorter supply in BKK.

They need to reprint the 1000. The color is too close to the 100.

• Like 1