Multi vitamin tablet

lelapin

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Shipping is free.

Not always but for most products you are right. 

Not sure if multivitamins are usefull but https://th.iherb.com/ is the best source of supplements that I use. However my last shipment is stuck in Hong Kong. They sent me an email today saying that there is a delay because of less flight due to the coronavirus situation. 

Edited by Tayaout

9 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

imo if you are eating a normal and varied Thai diet (high in veggies low in meat and fat and salt) and getting a bit of exercise and sunlight then vitamins are a total waste of money and merely support a large corporation somewhere probably in Switzerland ... but i'm not a doctor ... so (1) do you have a doctor and (2) has s(he) told you that you need some sort of supplement? I

i'd be surprised if the answer to (2) was yes ... any doctor i've every asked ... maybe 6 or 7 over my 67 years ... has said "if you are eating a normal and varied diet (high in veggies low in meat and fat and salt) and getting a bit of exercise and sunlight then vitamins are a total waste of money" ... but now i'm repeating myself.

Utter nonsense! nobody gets all the vitamins they need anymore from shop bought food, have you not noticed the food chain has been totally corrupted, food is grown for profit not nutrition, the soil is depleted and animals are fed "drugs" to make them fat and increase profit.

"Doctors" what does the average Doctor know about nutrition? unless he has taken extra courses to learn, few do that as they are too busy racking in the money and making it for "Big Pharma" who are generally behind the "don't need vitamins" articles!

If the OP is looking for cheap vitamins they will be exactly that, probably synthesised <deleted> made by Big Pharma to make money, you have to take natural made vitamins that your body is able to use, as far as I know there are none available in Thailand, iherb the best bet.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, CGW said:

Utter nonsense! nobody gets all the vitamins they need anymore from shop bought food,

You talk like someone who hasn't had a good meal in months. Vitamins are plentiful in fruits, vegetables, milk, ..., just look up any nutrition guide.

Restaurants don't wring out vitamins from their ingredients and sell them elsewhere. They are all there maybe a bit stale or overcooked.

food is grown for profit not nutrition

Now you are pulling our legs. Have you heard of a non-profit farm?

"Doctors" what does the average Doctor know about nutrition?

Hmm.

racking in the money and making it for "Big Pharma" who are generally behind the "don't need vitamins" articles! ...

iherb the best bet.

Hey, birdbrain, iHerb is a privately owned company making $500 million a year. Them's in it for the money too.

Like pdtokyo says, vitamin supplements are a waste of money. But it's like going to the temple. Do bad stuff, don't exercise and then make merit, take a couple of supplements and all's good.

Edited by Why Me
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Why Me said:

You talk like someone who hasn't had a good meal in months. Vitamins are plentiful in fruits, vegetables, milk, ..., just look up any nutrition guide.

Restaurants don't wring out vitamins from their ingredients and sell them elsewhere. They are all there maybe a bit stale or overcooked.

Now you are pulling our legs. Have you heard of a non-profit farm?

Hmm.

Hey, birdbrain, iHerb is a privately owned company making $500 million a year. Them's in it for the money too.

Like pdtokyo says, vitamin supplements are a waste of money. But it's like going to the temple. Do bad stuff, don't exercise and then make merit, take a couple of supplements and all's good.

Summed it all up perfectly 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Thanks for the advice "Birdbrain" (guess that is some sort of endearment?) good of you to tear yourself away from your "good nutrition guide" ????

I have to admit pdtokyo has an "advantage" over me as he has been able to discuss with his "doctors", personally I have never seen a doctor for over 40 years.

"Non-profit farm, no never heard of one in Thailand, address's please:- ?

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

has anyone ever noticed any real change after taking multi vitamins?  i know i haven't

I think if you are severally deficient in something you'd notice. Say iron for example.

But you can really get alot of what you need if you meal prep and eat reasonably well. I've only ever suplimented with b12 shots and the odd cycle of creatine. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

I say Why Me old chap ... "birdbrain'' is a bit harsh.

I was reading a (scientific) journal recently about the magpie and it's cognitive and mental and even human facial recognition abilities. Very impressive. i believe the magpie follows a veggie-rich diet too. but that's just wild speculation on my part. And probably utter nonsense.

Point well taken. Yep, magpies, ravens, even crows, some parrots are counterexamples. How about fishbrain? But then dolphins, orcas, ... But are they classified as fish or mammals? Ah, who cares.

2 minutes ago, Nakmuay887 said:

I think if you are severally deficient in something you'd notice. Say iron for example.

Exactly. Take something if you have a particular deficiency. Otherwise, a varied diet and exercise is all.

In fact, taking added amounts of minerals/vitamins might even screw up the body's own natural way of processing/synthesizing them.

55 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

imo if you are eating a normal and varied Thai diet (high in veggies low in meat and fat and salt) and getting a bit of exercise and sunlight then vitamins are a total waste of money and merely support a large corporation somewhere probably in Switzerland ... but i'm not a doctor ... so (1) do you have a doctor and (2) has s(he) told you that you need some sort of supplement? I

i'd be surprised if the answer to (2) was yes ... any doctor i've every asked ... maybe 6 or 7 over my 67 years ... has said "if you are eating a normal and varied diet (high in veggies low in meat and fat and salt) and getting a bit of exercise and sunlight then vitamins are a total waste of money" ... but now i'm repeating myself.

Absolutely correct.

Not only that, but using multivitamins can actually harm the body.

A large US study has shown that vitamin supplements have no tangible benefit in fighting off cardio vascular  or other diseases.

Vitamins are a complete waste of money. But then again so are toners and night creams and people spend billions in the vodoo belief that creams and lotions will make them look young and beautiful when in reality as soon as they hit 50 nobody will ever want to look at them in daylight.

The self-deception is powerful. Just like these health-nuts who mill their own grains and only eat lentils sourced in the Himalayas by vegan virgins. 

The nutcasery is off the charts these days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

Exactly. To expand on that ...

Observe yourself before starting to take them.

Take them.

Observe yourself after you've taken them.

Stop taking them.

Observe yourself after you've stopped taking them.

Repeat.

If the vitamins actually make a difference then either keep taking them (pricy and kind of sad) or analyse your diet to see what's missing and revise it (cheap and fun).

Ultimately, like i said. Please yourself.

i got really into vitamins once after reading the Optimum Nutritional Bible which was about taking big doses of vitamins, at one point i was taking 11 different pills a day, after having unexplained tendon issues in my hand i quit taking the tablets and the issue went away and never came back, no benefits noticed while taking them

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

No.

Excess anything ''vitamin"-wise and you just excrete it through urine and/or poo. these people are literally p*ssing their money against a wall or wherever it is they choose to  p*ss.

Maybe behind a street food stall.

From https://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/effects-of-taking-too-many-vitamins#1

Too much vitamin C or zinc could cause nausea, diarrhea, and stomach cramps. Too much selenium could lead to hair loss, gastrointestinal upset, fatigue, and mild nerve damage.

Might be the case as well for other supplements.

7 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Just like these health-nuts who mill their own grains and only eat lentils sourced in the Himalayas by vegan virgins. 

Do not diss vegan virgins. They may be pale, skinny and annoying but once you get past that ...

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

Odd that.

I, and my partner, both seem to be thriving on it.

We generally eat at random different places all over. Guess we are both just lucky ... month after month after month after month.

But i bow to your experience, you can probably produce evidence of your "unfortunately" and "most"" and "probably" and "low quality" and "used to be" and "added sugar".

Every now and then there is a news articles that show high amount of pesticides in thai vegetables. The meat and fish is low quality factory farmed. The oil they use is low quality seed oil that oxidize under eat. The seafood is probably ok. Most of the time I order street food, I have to specify I don't want added sugar. Most of the time it is inevitable in the sauce they use. Most peoples don't notice it but I do since I eat a low carb diet and no sugar. The sweetest thing that I eat is blueberries. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

How can you eat street food and have a low carb diet? Do you ask for Pad Thai without noodles? 

Do you just eat the fillings from the steamed buns?

What street food could you possibly be eating that's low carb?

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1

Just now, Logosone said:

How can you eat street food hand have a low carb diet? Do you ask for Pad Thai without noodles? 

Do you just eat the fillings from the steamed buns?

What street food could you possibly be eating that's low carb?

I cook 99% of my meals but since I live in Thailand I happen to eat Thai food. When my familly cook somtam they keep a portion without sugar for me. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I cook 99% of my meals but since I live in Thailand I happen to eat Thai food. When my familly cook somtam they keep a portion without sugar for me. 

I cook 99% of my meals but since I live in Thailand use Thai ingredients to make my English food.

The only added sugar is in my cup of tea and over my chopped strawberries.

Here's one I just ate .........

IMG_20200306_201927.jpg

Edited by BritManToo