Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweets that 'coronavirus panic is dumb'

rooster59

Two problems with this:

1. Musk's relatively young so doesn't think he's, personally, at risk. If he were 60+, he might think different.

2. From Socrates to Ricky Gervais, the stupidity of people expert in one area pontificating on another area, of which they have little knowledge or experience, has been pointed out by more discerning thinkers.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JWRC said:

The only person more obnoxious than Musk is Trump, 2 power hungry men who don't give a dam about anyone else, it's all self interest, and not much in the brain department.

Musk is most definitely obnoxious, but he’s not dumb!

4 hours ago, car720 said:

and what makes it worse is that these poor souls who have been driven to panic by the media really have no idea what to do.  There has been no real information about what to do except "call or visit your doctor".  I am sure the receptionist loves that idea.  Think about all of the folks who live in townhouse complexes.  How do they react to the proximity of their neighbour?  Fear is an incredible driving force and those that we look to for leadership are singing away in a cult somewhere.  My advice, live what life you have, catch the virus and pray that you live through it though even if you do I have a feeling that the world will no longer be the same place.

Use a face mask every time you leave the house and disinfectant before you get back into your house. They’ve been preaching this since the beginning! 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Whenever this creature comes to the surface i always get the feeling i would like to see something really nasty happen to him !

which TV member ?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I totally agree, panic is in the mind and is unreasonable, facts show that panic is unwarranted. Although some statistics show a possible fatality of 3% of those people with already compromised health it is reckoned that since hundreds of thousands, if not millions of cases go undetected ( almost no symptoms and recovered etc.) the rate is more like 1% or lower, the 3% statistics are produced from known tested cases. The herd has been spooked, the result of the panic is worse than the illness itself.

I’m not so sure I agree with you I think the Chinese government is pretty pragmatic I don’t think they would shut down their and the worlds economy’s on a whim or a panic there is reason to take this seriously my advice would be prepare take care show due diligence in protecting yourselves and your families pull together help one another 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Thechook said:

He's right.  The media has caused mass panic.  Geez in Australia the shelves have been stripped of dunny roll, rice, pasta, sugar, flour, long life milk, canned foods and the list goes on.  It's mass hysteria fights in supermarkets and police even tazing people to break up brawls.

Agree to a large extent, I just think the blame lies mostly with social media where everyone can comment on everything, often uninformed.

I do believe traditional media have not done enough to counter this.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thechook said:

He's right.  The media has caused mass panic.  Geez in Australia the shelves have been stripped of dunny roll, rice, pasta, sugar, flour, long life milk, canned foods and the list goes on.  It's mass hysteria fights in supermarkets and police even tazing people to break up brawls.

The media will be the cause of the  down fall of western civilization

• Like 2

Musk is exactly right. The media are responsible for causing global terror and panic. We all know about it and what we can do to prevent contracting it. No one is talking about the flu with both A and B strains active this year. last year in the U.S. alone there were over 70,000 deaths related to the flu and that is with free flu shots readily available. 

It is nice to see on the news what measures countries and world leaders are taking to prevent the spread as best as they can but this fear mongering isn't good for anyone.

• Sad 1

Awareness of what is amongst us Yes, Panicking ,,,, certainly not,,,,, yet

The perspective is that 8,000 children under 12 die everyday of starvation. Plus double that number of adults,,, do we hear daily reporting ,,,of course not.

And if the world really wanted to fix it they could

• Like 2

On 3/7/2020 at 10:56 AM, PJPom said:

I still don’t know why toilet paper is sooooo important, can anyone tell me ?. Food yes, batteries yes, a road map on paper yes but a loo roll no.

It's a conspiracy to increase the price of loo roll. All based upon a tissue of lies.

• Haha 2

On 3/7/2020 at 10:56 AM, PJPom said:

I still don’t know why toilet paper is sooooo important, can anyone tell me ?. Food yes, batteries yes, a road map on paper yes but a loo roll no.

its below my dignity to walk around with a wet ar$e,

so you can just shove your fantasy that i'll resort to that far up your ar$e,

aint gonna happen

• Confused 1