Locals hit out at proposals to send Thai returnees from South Korea to Hua Hin and Phetchaburi

rooster59

NCC you da man.  

Supposedly thousands have already flown back on their  own.  I would think the smart ones who make big bank  returned early.  I do wonder if the quality of Phee Noi returning from S Korea represent top shelf gals on average compared to the regulars?  I'm sure their english didnt improve while in SK.  I wonder if there will be cat fights and a changing of the guard at popular hangouts.  There  surely isnt the demand to absorb all these  competitors.  Or did many save enough to be able to go into a different business?  

20 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

the Thai military owns all the coast line south of HH. They have a beautiful golf course and are expanding the train station for their convenience at that base. They could easily setup a camp for "virus people" anywhere in Thailand on a military base. 

put them on the aircraft carrier.

The golf course you mention has been or is in the process of being purchased by the Dusit Thani group. The train station upgrade is part of the line being upgraded to dual track. Hua Hin itself is getting a new elevated station.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OnTheRun said:

The golf course you mention has been or is in the process of being purchased by the Dusit Thani group.

thanks i did not know that. i walk past that construction almost everyday and it just looked to me like a big improvement to the existing military facility.

20 hours ago, JimHuaHin said:

170 arrived late last night (Friday, 6 March) on buses from Bangkok.

They are being accommodated in an "army resort" just south of Hua Hin, adjoining Khao Ta Kiab (within walking distance from NCC1701A's abode).

now that the sun is up i will launch my drone. 

19 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Petchaburi and Hua Hin are doing fine....send them to the cash strapped resort areas like Pattaya...

But isn't Pattaya already rife with all kinds of diseases?

32 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Without a face mask... setting a good example?

Mask Police alert :shock1:

Be difficult to talk with a mask on? Who uses Thai Politicians as role models anyway ????

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:
11 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

he is very handsome. all the women here love him.

I'm sure he has a large entourage.

That's the first time I've heard 'a very large entourage' used as a euphemism.

• Haha 1

I don't see what's all fuss is about, they will be restricted into quarantaine. Koreans and any other nations can fly into Thailand as tourists without restriction, correct me if I am wrong on this, why make a big deal that are Thai nations coming back from Korea?

Korea may be high on numbers of infected virus, but 93 percents are related to a MANIAC SECRETIVE CHURCH  and concentrated in the city of Dague and KyoungBuk province. Take that out of equation, Korea's infected rate is not high compared to any countries. Korea is handling the surprising secret church spreading with confidences and can't say how countries could have done effectively as Korea.

I am in the US on personal business for a couple of weeks and schedule to go back to Korea next week, and friends here are asking me to stay until the Korean situation subsides. I love being in America and enjoying my time here, but as far as Coronavirus case, I feel safe in Korea than I am here in the states. I have seen how quickly Korean people mobilized to deal with the extraordinary situation at the beginning of virus spread. I know it's scary looking at the numbers, but now the maniac church member spreading is almost contained, things starting to looking up a little, fingers crossed.

People there are alert and do what needs to be done and being transparent in the whole process.

Can't say same about the US and some other countries, clueless.

Scare to imagine what would happen anything like secret church spreading occurred here, not even test kits available.

I don't have health insurance here, gave up mind last year, trying to get the Korean insurance but need to be in country six months before to enroll national coverage. Korean national insurance is the fraction of the cost of US, and medical services is far advanced in most cases. Coronavirus treatment is free in Korea.

Read many countries are wanting to buy the test kits from Korea at the government level, including Thailand, and they are working over time to send kits to other countries.

Edited by Eye4you