Three new Covid-19 cases confirmed in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

Three new Covid-19 cases confirmed in Thailand

800_a1cbc419a53fd7b.jpg

Three new Covid-19 cases were found in Thailand, taking the total to 53, but all labourers who have returned from South Korea are healthy and there is no case of infection so far, according to the Public Health Ministry.

The 51st victim is a 41-year-old female who was in close contact with the 45th case, a man returning from Italy, and now admitted at Rajavithi Hospital.

The 52nd and 53rd victims are a husband and wife pair. The wife, 46, travelled to Italy and started to have Covid-19 symptoms after returning to Thailand and then infected her husband, 47. Both were admitted to a hospital in Nakhon Pathom.

Of the 53 confirmed cases in Thailand, 33 have recovered, 19 are under medical care, and one person died.

As for Thai labours returning from South Korea, 188 were quarantined at Sattahip navy base; 88 men and 100 women.

In this number, eight returned from Daegu and North Gyeongsang province, where Covid-19 attack severely. 20 of them needed dedicated care including five pregnant women and four children.

All returners at Sattahip navy base were healthy and test negative by far.

Meanwhile, the number of illegal labours who fleed from screening checkpoint, 80-90 per cent were founded and being taken care and monitored by local administration officers, Provincial Health officers and village headmen.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383765

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-10

56 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

all labourers who have returned from South Korea are healthy and there is no case of infection so far, according to the Public Health Ministry.

Interesting. According to another topic:

Public Health Deputy Minister Satit Pitutecha reported that 18 of around 80 illegal Thai labourers who returned from South Korea and evaded a 14-day state quarantine have been rounded up, with 62 still missing.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

but all labourers who have returned from South Korea are healthy

You mean the 25% that you managed to catch!

Edited by blackcab
Bold font removed. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording

1 minute ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Well....that was weird. 

Yeah sounds like some delivery dude is carrying money in his mouth and spitting it at people. KFC huh? I could use a few bucks.

7 hours ago, glennb6 said:

50 or so cases and what? 2 or 3 deaths? from what again?

this site is a little dated but great for looking at death rates by cause by country> https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/thailand-life-expectancy

"According to the latest WHO data published in 2017 Influenza and Pneumonia Deaths in Thailand reached 60,321 or 12.04% of total deaths."

That averages just over 5,000 dead per month from the typical flu and pneumonia.

50 or so cases and what? 2 or 3 deaths? from what again? The WuFlu Terror?

For those with a brain and some common sense, you will see the emperor has no cloths, not in this nor any other country. But go ahead and stock up on toilet paper, keep wearing those coffee filters on your face, and walk around in fear because the WuFlu terror is coming for you next! 

It's got to be the same people who pushed and believed that stopping all plastic shopping bags was going to save the country, the whales, the children, the whole planet. I have no other explaination.

Yeah right. China and Italy are closing down their countries for a simple flu. Lombardy is now letting people 65+ or with precondition dying because they don't have any bed left. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/bangkok/2020/03/10/emquartier-admits-its-coronavirus-sanitizing-gate-is-not-certified/

A high-end shopping mall in downtown Bangkok was forced to admit on Monday night that its “sanitizing gate” was not certified by an international health body as advertised.

Oooop's

21 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/bangkok/2020/03/10/emquartier-admits-its-coronavirus-sanitizing-gate-is-not-certified/

A high-end shopping mall in downtown Bangkok was forced to admit on Monday night that its “sanitizing gate” was not certified by an international health body as advertised.

When I saw the photo yesterday, I thought it was some new game-event, or other kind of amusement, would never have guessed it was a virus-protection – wouldn't people need to wear protection to pass UV-light strong enough to kill virus...????

15 minutes ago, khunPer said:

When I saw the photo yesterday, I thought it was some new game-event, or other kind of amusement, would never have guessed it was a virus-protection – wouldn't people need to wear protection to pass UV-light strong enough to kill virus...????

UV from the sun do kill virus. Most Thai women avoid the sun like the plague... ????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

UV from the sun do kill virus. Most Thai women avoid the sun like the plague... ????

Thanks, but I would presume longer time than just walking through a fancy light tube in 30 seconds or so.

Some sources mention 30 minutes exposure, whilst if the lamp is strong, like when cleaning water tanks, or passer passing through a tank, it will instantly shut off if a tank is opened, so humans are not exposed.

The UV light used to sterilize hospitals – and mentioned ordered by Chinese authorities after the COVID-19 outbreak – is a robot, as humans cannot be in the rooms when it's UV-sterilized...

China fighting COVID-19 with Danish robots

Source: "China fighting COVID-19 with Danish robots"

The company developed the robot in a partnership with several Danish hospitals. “This way the development process was highly user-centered and resulted in a product that customers and end-users actually want to use,” Cikotic said.

Though germicidal qualities of UVC light have been known for over a century, these rays are also dangerous to humans—prolonged exposure can cause skin cancer and cataracts—, so they are for the most part limited in use to stationary controlled settings.

[ ... ]

Latest safety technologies, human error safeguards, and autonomous mobility allows the UVD Robot to safely disinfect any surface in any enclosed hospital area, as a routine matter. The machine drives itself to a user-defined area, where it autonomously navigates while zapping bacteria and harmful microorganisms with concentrated UV light from many different angles. If a human tries to enter the disinfected area while the UVD Robot is working there, it will automatically turn off the light.

Source: "Bacteria-Killer Robot Armed with Ultraviolet Light"

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Andartecca said:

Today I book food from kfc and the driver when he count the change he add money

In his mouth

He make me confuse alot from today I start cooking in my studio

Don't know which is more unhealthy, dirty money or KFC !     555

Meanwhile, the number of illegal labours who fleed from screening checkpoint, 80-90 per cent were founded and being taken care and monitored 

Fleed? Founded?

And this from a leading English language newspaper constantly running stories about low English standards in LOS!

Beam me up, Scottie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, justaphase said:

Change the name of it and there's only 50 cases here. There should be 15,000+ at least by now.

Check the viral pneumonia cases here..

Is there a link?  How to check the viral pneumonia cases? thanks

21 hours ago, khunPer said:

Thanks, but I would presume longer time than just walking through a fancy light tube in 30 seconds or so.

Some sources mention 30 minutes exposure, whilst if the lamp is strong, like when cleaning water tanks, or passer passing through a tank, it will instantly shut off if a tank is opened, so humans are not exposed.

The UV light used to sterilize hospitals – and mentioned ordered by Chinese authorities after the COVID-19 outbreak – is a robot, as humans cannot be in the rooms when it's UV-sterilized...

China fighting COVID-19 with Danish robots

Source: "China fighting COVID-19 with Danish robots"

[ ... ]

Source: "Bacteria-Killer Robot Armed with Ultraviolet Light"

There are MANY types of UV sterilizing lights, big n small.