Should the 90 day report be scrapped due to Corona Virus?

15 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

You can do it per mail too, or is the trip to the post office too dangerous?

What happens if the post office lose your passport??

I wouldnt trust them with mine i'm afraid. 

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Duh... you don't mail the passport!

Duh... I would't know cos never done by mail before. Duh...

and what happens if the parcel containing my report stamp is handled by someone with corona at the mail sorting office? 

Thanks but no thanks! 

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Same error i get every time I have tried it.

The on-line 90-day reporting ONLY works during the allowed window of time, which is between 14 days and 7 days BEFORE your present permission to stay expires.

Should the 90 day report be scrapped due to Corona Virus?

Fixed that for you. 

Many, many people have issues with that site. Should they be forced to visit immigration every 90 days and possibly catch corona from waiting half a day at their local office??

Fixed that for you.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The site only works with Internet Explorer or an Apple OS, Immigration do not seem to be aware there are other browsers such as Google Chrome and Firefox.

Yes, so silly of them to target the website at the two most dominant desktop operating systems, which together have a 97.56% share of the market. 

If you have Windows, IE is pre-installed.  If you have a Mac, then, well, I guess it works since you said Apple OS (Don't know, haven't tried it). 

You're aware that you can have IE and Chrome and Firefox on the same computer right?  Just fire up IE. 

Not saying that the website is a pleasure to use.  Just pointing out the flaw in your argument. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The site only works with Internet Explorer or an Apple OS, Immigration do not seem to be aware there are other browsers such as Google Chrome and Firefox.

IMO they should scrap it for people who are on retirement visas, it's not like we are gadding about the country or are master criminals.

We are also the most vulnerable to coronavirus, which means we would also be burdening the Thai hospital system.

Having said that, I doubt logic will prevail.

Did mine 20 mnutes ago on Chrome with no issue whatsoever.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:
6 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Many, many people have issues with that site. Should they be forced to visit immigration every 90 days and possibly catch corona from waiting half a day at their local office?? 

I think that its time for 'many, many' people to try a little harder.

That or stop being so bloody lazy.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:
46 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You need to stay home with a teddy!

That's exactly what I want to do! But immigration want me to continue doing this report in the midst of an epidemic. They are putting my life in danger!

I must say that Everton fans seem to be made of much sterner stuff.

Either that or they simply have a better handle on the online reporting system.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I think that its time for 'many, many' people to try a little harder.

That or stop being so bloody lazy.

I recall I had to change the settings on IE (less secure of course) and that allowed it to work.

But I cant recall which ones - try changing things one at a time - write down so you dont forget to put back afterwards.

Things like pop-ups, background sync, cookies, third-party cookies, etc etc - keep trying til you crack it.

I've noticed a bit of a trend on this thread. It's that many people actually like doing their 90 day reports and want them to continue regardless.

Am I reading this right???? ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

The on-line 90-day reporting ONLY works during the allowed window of time, which is between 14 days and 7 days BEFORE your present permission to stay expires.

Whoever designed that website should be smacked in the bum. 

They should pop-up an error message as to what is entered wrongly.

Most times, I assume it is due to people entering at the wrong time window.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Many, many people have issues with that site. Should they be forced to visit immigration every 90 days and possibly catch corona from waiting half a day at their local office?? ????

They can also do a mail in report. Seems to be a little known fact on here, even though it's been possible to do one for years. I'd rather visit a post office than immigration. Usually far quicker and far fewer people there too.

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

IMO they should scrap it for people who are on retirement visas, it's not like we are gadding about the country or are master criminals.

We are also the most vulnerable to coronavirus, which means we would also be burdening the Thai hospital system.

Having said that, I doubt logic will prevail.

Works fine with firefox, The TM-30 one does too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

I've noticed a bit of a trend on this thread. It's that many people actually like doing their 90 day reports and want them to continue regardless.

My very first 90-day report took me less than 10 minutes to complete on-line.

But for those that don't want to do the small effort to visit the 90-day report website, I guess they'll never walk alone to the Immigration Office... ????

I did my 90 days in person this morning at Phuket. One minute and 8 seconds, including how to do my TM 30 correctly online. The officer did mine online for me and stamped my TM 30 page in my passport, yes it is a separate slip of paper.

I go in person so that the officers can see my little face and remember me.

They are always curteous and when I have to do my Permit To Stay, I don't get any trouble from them either. A smile and politeness still counts for something here on Phuket.

Yesterday I had to visit Koh Samui for my 90 day report I got there at 12 lunch is normally 12 until 1 however this was not the case on entering there was a queue of at least 50 people and I am being conservative it could of been up to 70 after standing in line for at least 20 minutes with very little movement the person who issues out the numbers asked if there were any 90 day reports I put my hand up with about 3 other people and we were ushered to the front given a number which I duly handed to the girl in the 90 day report section . 10 minutes later everything was completed and I left the line I had been in seemed as long so I wonder with all different nationalities standing in line squeezed up like sheep anyone with this virus would be a potential spreader . It’s time that every IO throughout the Kingdom had 90 day reporting on line up and running sadly this appears not to be the case with Koh Samui. 

Edited by crazykopite

1 hour ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Duh... I would't know cos never done by mail before. Duh...

and what happens if the parcel containing my report stamp is handled by someone with corona at the mail sorting office? 

Thanks but no thanks! 

You like to complain a lot about Thailand and the Thais but your reasoning is now getting absurd.

57 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

In my case, no.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Mine was on windows 10 ????

Pluses and minuses. I can't do a 90 day report. However, I don't have to worry about all the malware and viruses hackers worldwide write for all Microsoft products, or the data harvested by Microsoft itself from its users. Each to his own.