Covid-19: Fighting the virus! Immigration chief in mask flanked by commando

webfact

The terrifying news about the Corona virus in my opinion is a conspiracy of world governments to regain control of the population they had lost through incompetence ...
Here in Thailand then, it seems they are willing to eliminate the virus by force of arms ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Meanwhile, Naew Na reported that a life insurance policy for all IB staff in the sum of 50,000 baht has been initiated in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak."

That kind of shows them EXACTLY how valuable they are considered. Pathetic.

I'm not a fan of Thai immigration, but even I would value the life of each Thai immigration officer much higher. Stay safe, I appreciate the risk you take when you stamp our passports these days!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

I have to admire the depth of their investigation. But they deliberately omit the fact that he used his middle finger.

That's normal - you always leave out a key detail. That is how you trap the guilty in a post arrest interrogation.

The 'commandos" will have abseiled through the bedroom windows to take the virus spreader by surprise, it would have worked had the second bloke from the left not tripped over the sleeping dog, had a negligent discharge and put seven rounds through the dressing table mirror...

I've read my "Tom Clancy" you know!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

It appears that the officer concerned became infected after wiping his face with an infected plastic glove after handling passports of incoming tourists.

It doesn't appear like that at all nobody wipes their face with infected plastic gloves,nobody,they don't absorb moisture.Besides the excellent training they've had would have kicked in to stop such an occurance it just sounds like another blame the dirty falang statement.

• Like 1

Regular coronavirus survives 30 times longer in 6 Celcius than in 20 C with a lot of humidity. In 30 C it quickly becomes non-infectious, in matter of few hours, instead of days. That is why we are not seeing any fast spreading of this virus in Thailand or similar tropical countries.

Northern countries are screwed because they are near the optimal spreading temperature of 8,72 Celcius currently. That is why northern Italy saw that rapid spreading last and this month and soon northern European countries will experience the same. 

In the summer time this will go away in the northern hemisphere but could come back next fall. 

Edited by Timwin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Redoubt said:

The personnel of the Kingdom's Immigration Bureau who are directly tasked with face to face contact with the reported 100,000 people who daily negotiate at all of Thailand's entry points serve as the very first 'line of defense' for this sovereign nation.

These men and women are certainly on the front lines to protect all people living or visiting Thailand.  To make jest of their major contributions to the general safety and welfare of others is a travesty.  On the contrary what they are doing for their jobs is something that has become quite dangerous indeed in view of the current lethal pandemic.

I for one applaud them all.  They are facing an enemy that one cannot see; and also occasional human beings who can pose quite a lot of other harmful or dastardly potentials.

Certainly only a true moron can not accept that these officers are deserving of sincere praise.

count  me  in  as a moron  then,  a true  moron i  dont  know though

2 hours ago, Redoubt said:

The personnel of the Kingdom's Immigration Bureau who are directly tasked with face to face contact with the reported 100,000 people who daily negotiate at all of Thailand's entry points serve as the very first 'line of defense' for this sovereign nation.

These men and women are certainly on the front lines to protect all people living or visiting Thailand.  To make jest of their major contributions to the general safety and welfare of others is a travesty.  On the contrary what they are doing for their jobs is something that has become quite dangerous indeed in view of the current lethal pandemic.

I for one applaud them all.  They are facing an enemy that one cannot see; and also occasional human beings who can pose quite a lot of other harmful or dastardly potentials.

Certainly only a true moron can not accept that these officers are deserving of sincere praise.

Wow. Thailand is the only country in the world with immigration officers. Amazing Thailand.

Look, they signed up for the job. This is what they have to deal with. Lots of sick people with various illnesses pass immigration daily. They are free to go drive motorbikes if they want but they would also be exposed there.

Everyone who works in the public is at risk. From taxi drivers to the staff at Starbucks. 

6 hours ago, SABloke said:

Or just stop using them for the time being.

That would require common sense

Really they should be doing things like emptying IDC (and repatriating) and also pardoning certain levels of prisoners.

I'm sure Thai airways can afford some free flights , another few quid on top of the billions of losses isn't going to make a difference

Also amnesty for any overstayers for say two months.

The S Koreans have done it for the Thais, but fat chance of these tone deaf morons reciprocating.

If it gets into a prison it will take the whole place down, much like when it gets on a cruise ship.

Edited by Canuck1966

20 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

"Fingerprint scanners were being wiped down every ten minutes, he said. "

Should be wiped down after each use!

I have been in and out 6 times in the last 4 weeks and have never seen anyone wiping the fingerprint scanners. 

14 hours ago, 30la said:

The terrifying news about the Corona virus in my opinion is a conspiracy of world governments to regain control of the population they had lost through incompetence ...
Here in Thailand then, it seems they are willing to eliminate the virus by force of arms ...

Maybe not a conspiracy but like Rahm Emmanuel, Obama's former chief of staff, liked to say "never waste a good crisis"

On 3/13/2020 at 11:40 AM, PhilAtUbon said:

I arrived on Saturday morning. Not a hand sanitiser in sight anywhere in swampy - not even in the bog.

I brought my own 60 ml bottle of Purell. I used it before and after the fingerprint scanner. Then they were umming and ahhing about whether I could take it on the plane to Ubon.

I read something earlier this week that questioned the effectiveness of these hand sanitizers and that the only effective way to remove a virus or whatever from your skin is by washing with soap and water, not leaving it on your skin.

8 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

That would require common sense

Really they should be doing things like emptying IDC (and repatriating) and also pardoning certain levels of prisoners.

I'm sure Thai airways can afford some free flights , another few quid on top of the billions of losses isn't going to make a difference

Also amnesty for any overstayers for say two months.

The S Koreans have done it for the Thais, but fat chance of these tone deaf morons reciprocating.

If it gets into a prison it will take the whole place down, much like when it gets on a cruise ship.

The Thais in Korea had to leave the country, I suspect the overstayers here in Thailand don’t want to leave otherwise why would they be here?

15 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

The Thais in Korea had to leave the country, I suspect the overstayers here in Thailand don’t want to leave otherwise why would they be here?

can't afford the 20k and don't want 10 year ban

If they were waived I think a lot would leave voluntarily

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Redoubt said:

What utter dribble but a good laugh with my morning coffee. 

• Like 1

Thought just occurred to me about the Immigration Officers at BKK airports.

They are having contact with thousands of people every day, & being exposed to all kinds of bugs.

Why, if this C19 is so contagious, are they not 'dropping like flies'?

On 3/13/2020 at 9:46 PM, dcnx said:

Honestly, why do they need armed commandos standing behind them?

It’s hard to not hate these people.

They think that it bolsters their status. They assume that it shows the public just how important, on the "front line" they are. What they don't "get" is that they are widely regarded by their own people ( certainly the younger generation) as being a joke. The rest of the world just sees them as pathetic. For all the "martial imagery", balaclavas, H&K carbines with penlight torches taped to the barrels, black fatigues amd medal ribbons cut by the yard, nobody is fooled. Just a bunch of "Walts"!