Government health minister: Watch out for "dirty farangs" spreading the virus in Thailand

webfact

I am NOT defending him or his comments, and I agree with most other posts on this thread. Also, I don't own or ever wear a mask. Finally, he makes his outrageous gaffes while not wearing a mask himself.

But let's not forget that the masks are apparently useless in preventing the wearer from becoming infected, but if the wearer is infected then the mask will reduce potential infections of others.

Now I don't claim that this fella knows or understands this stuff, but there is an argument for berating people for not wearing a mask because they could be infected and don't care about protecting those around them.

Maybe he's just trying to compete in the Stupidity Stakes with his fellow ministers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2long said:

I am NOT defending him or his comments, and I agree with most other posts on this thread. Also, I don't own or ever wear a mask. Finally, he makes his outrageous gaffes while not wearing a mask himself.

But let's not forget that the masks are apparently useless in preventing the wearer from becoming infected, but if the wearer is infected then the mask will reduce potential infections of others.

Now I don't claim that this fella knows or understands this stuff, but there is an argument for berating people for not wearing a mask because they could be infected and don't care about protecting those around them.

Maybe he's just trying to compete in the Stupidity Stakes with his fellow ministers.

Good observation but then he needs to practice what he preaches. Unless he's wearing a mask 100% of the time at work and when he's out in public, then he's a hypocrite and a fraud. Also, last I checked, there is no law that says you need to wear a mask, if there was, I'd probably be out of Thailand and never come back...such laws are far too Orwellian to accept. Granted, I doubt it could be effectively enforced when they can't even get most people to wear motorcycle helmets.

• Like 2

I hope his statement is shared with facebook worldwide etc and gets maximum exposure, i am sure he would wish his views and love of protecting his Thai citizens to be aired, showing what a true upstanding person he is.

• Like 2

Does he mention anything about the air pollution when he was

up in Chiang Mai,its very bad today. 

God help us if this man ever gets the immigration top job,we will

all be F#^ked,he must be one of the most Xenophobic ministers

in the Government.

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, johnc925 said:

I can tell you from personal experience both at the local gas station stops and in major hotels in Bangkok, most Thai men do not wash their hands after they use the lavatory... I find it completely disgusting and I find this moron completely out of his mind.

unless  youre  having a  dump why would you?

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Does he mention anything about the air pollution when he was

up in Chiang Mai,its very bad today. 

God help us if this man ever gets the immigration top job,we will

all be F#^ked,he must be one of the most Xenophobic ministers

in the Government.

regards worgeordie

He’s one pen stroke away from running immigration and sending everyone packing.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Virt said:

I know a regular mask is doing nothing for a normal healthy person, other than it is a very small barrier for catching droplets if someone sick sneezes in your direction, but seeing us falangs beeing pointed out like this, I wonder if it's safer just to wear a mask when I'm in Bangkok next week to avoid getting into any discussions with the locals who takes his words for facts. 

Or can the normal Thai see through this smokescreen of fake news out there? 

Some can, most can't.

I doubt Bangkokians are going to give a toss. Most aren't wearing masks themselves and Thais aren't confrontational nor do they feel comfortable talking to strangers. No one will talk to you to comment on why you aren't wearing a mask. That's more likely to happen in America, where strangers do get into the affairs of others. One of few things I really like about Thailand is that most people don't get involved in other's business.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1