Official called a liar for claiming no shortage of masks

snoop1130

6 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Due to a shortage of N95 or Surgical masks, from his profile picture, it looks like NCC1701A has now taken to wearing ladies knickers on his face... 

I've done that many a time with the lady still wearing them.  ????

2 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

hardly anyone wearing masks in Pattaya ,why ? because there are none to buy.

I thought it was cause the Farang knows they are next to useless and should only be worn by someone who is ill.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I have looked for over a week and a half at 7-11, Pharmacies such as Boots, Watson's, and The Lab, with no luck as no one has any.  Over a week ago I checked at the government pharmacy in the basement of the Chaeng Wathana Immigration complex, and was told we do not have any.  This was the day after the Minister said they would be available.......liars and thieves all of them....

The same happened to me in Chiang Mai yesterday. Most of the pharmacies and other shops said 'sold out' when I asked for surgical masks. They told me the situation is the same in all of Thailand.

The only pharmacy that has incoming surgical mask, has a long queue of Thai people waiting outside for the stock to arrive later. These are sold at 4 pieces for 10 baht. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my phone to snap a shot.

At another shop, I saw a Chinese tourist grabbing almost all the cloth masks just after I arrive.

Edited by EricTh

I am presently in Da Lat, Vietnam and there is no shortage of masks here. I have bought many at the local market for 20 baht each to bring home. Why aren't they available in Thailand then? Doesn't make sense does it.

13 hours ago, sapson said:

Here in Issan huge city have seen notices in the pharmacies for over three weeks out of stock and all 7/11s out of stock.

Yet told 3 million plus were being sent out to all 7/11s nationwide 2 weeks ago ...............nationwide in China perhaps.

Forgetting us Farangs for a moment ,,,,its disgusting the utter contempt with which they treat their own Thai people and the utter bull sheet they continue to spout in public service fairy tales.

That was my experience 2 weeks ago when I also posted about Udon being Quiet NOW

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said Wichai should consider resigning after lying and causing problems for citizens and he planned to seek his prosecution for reporting false information

Good luck with that one!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ian Nagle said:

And........ the masks are useless anyway, according to health experts. They do NOT protect against Covid-19 Coronavirus.

HaHaHa..... I just wore a mask as I flew (March 8.) from Bangkok to California, USA......... And I 'didn't' get the virus...... The mask 'Must work good' .... LOL .... I'm NOT one of those "Nasty Farangs" that Anutin is calling Nasty Farangs... LOL ..... (I think he is being sued by a farang for 'defamation')

In the ground floor of Seacon Square there is a hardware store that has the M1 masks with the replaceable PM2.5 paper filter. It is in the central computer section near the escalator.

He had some last week and the week before. We had to go back because my wife lost her original one.

The purpose of mask is help prevent you touching your nose and mouth. The virus can only enter your body through the eyes, nose and mouth, so even this simple face covering is sufficient to remind you not too touch your face.

In the case of a sick person sneezing it stops droplets being discharged into the air and as the mask is washable it can be re used.

Perhaps  thai visa could send an official email to dumb and dumber on behalf of its Farang membership,

along the lines of, we would like to conform and wear masks as previously requested,could he please advise asap where our readers can buy some, as apparently their is no shortage.

Really they are total maniacs .... 3 tonnes shipped overseas and their own people and medical staff facing shortages, all for what to make a few bob when as ministers they are already flush with cash.

Not even a charade or pretense of caring about fellow Thais.

Accountability seemingly non existent.......the people of this land need to be a bit more revolting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

I thought it was cause the Farang knows they are next to useless and should only be worn by someone who is ill.

I thought the farang knew that they are sure not useless and should be worn by someone who is infected, which is not the same as being ill...how come you don't know that?

20 minutes ago, Thian said:

I thought the farang knew that they are sure not useless and should be worn by someone who is infected, which is not the same as being ill...how come you don't know that?

Ill is a catch all and covers more than just the Boomer Remover Virus, Thanks for your failed attempt to correct me though.

Edited by Don Mega

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Some are revolting 

indeed they are but i was thinking a little less nose picking, street spitting, grotesque style revolting....

and a bit more pitch fork wielding angry masses over throwing the ........well you get the picture!

If Mr. Wichai could please tell us the names and locations of the two obscure stores to which he has delivered those "ample supplies", it would be of great help. Onc epeople are informed, it perhaps could even spark a completely new type of tourism, "face mask tourism", as people from across the kingdom pack up and embark on lengthy journeys to reach those two stores. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ian Nagle said:

And........ the masks are useless anyway, according to health experts. They do NOT protect against Covid-19 Coronavirus.

But if anyone have the virus already without knowing it, the mask is not useless!

Therefore wearing a mask can in certain cases limit the spread????

2 hours ago, petedk said:

Or sanitory towels. They are supposed to be just as effective.

Ha, I was thinking of the woman's bra in use...but of of course if you want to use a towel that's in use...Ha!????

• Haha 1