Trump declares coronavirus national emergency, says he will most likely be tested

rooster59

2 hours ago, opalred said:

because of the court cases waiting for him when out of office he will try anything 

like he and fox kept saying a hoax/against him

now its real and had no testing prepared /it will become the center of the virus in a few weeks 

his stupidity will cause deaths of 1000s

more conspiracy theories!  

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

His leadership has resulted in a best case scenario model of 165,000 dead. Worst case modeling 10 times higher. Laugh it off.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/487489-worst-case-coronavirus-models-show-massive-us-toll

DId the architects of the model state that it was indeed the leadership of Trump that resulted in their bizarre model. I say bizarre, not as a a scientist, just as someone working in China (the eipcentre of the virus, with almost 20% of the world's population, and currently likely to end with less than 5000 deaths), who thinks that a "low" figure of 160,000 deaths is consequently absolute BS.

Just seen Mr President Sir's press conference from W H ( 12:30 pm Washington ) .. Not forthcoming about his temperature when asked with added blustering about his test for C V .. Batted away a few questions with rambling answers before suddenly shuffling off not looking top o' the morning before V P Pence picked up the baton to continue the conference .. Come as no surprise if it comes on top in the following days that D T has got C V also ..  

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Just seen Mr President Sir's press conference from W H ( 12:30 pm Washington ) .. Not forthcoming about his temperature when asked with added blustering about his test for C V .. Batted away a few questions with rambling answers before suddenly shuffling off not looking top o' the morning before V C Pence picked up the baton to continue the conference .. Come as no surprise if it comes on top in the following days that D T has got C V also ..  

And boasting how his intervention had boosted the stock market - he has an advanced case of foot in mouth disease. 

Many Americans will have to deal with the reality of a president who is not only incompetent to defend them but doesn’t even regard them as legitimate Americans worthy of protection. This epidemiological crisis is also a political one. We should prepare to defend against both.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/14/trump-may-exploit-coronavirus-crisis

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

That seemed more common sense than hysyterical, whats your point?

Yes we know hand shaking requires caution if not abstinence.

Being right on a forum has been proven to improve immune response, so you will be fine old son.

Edited by metempsychotic

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Especially on TVForum. He will not sleep well tonight I fear,

He probably is influenced by this forum less than the PM of Thailand

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

The real kicker for doomsters is that once in a century bush fires , famines and the like are occurring with increasing frequency well this is a once in a century pandemic. 

Happy happy joy joy? 

2 hours ago, SABloke said:

DId the architects of the model state that it was indeed the leadership of Trump that resulted in their bizarre model. I say bizarre, not as a a scientist, just as someone working in China (the eipcentre of the virus, with almost 20% of the world's population, and currently likely to end with less than 5000 deaths), who thinks that a "low" figure of 160,000 deaths is consequently absolute BS.

The model was developed using  the data that exists at the time the model was made. Presumably more data will inform a better model. It will only be after the fact that those seeking political advantage against Trump and those seeking seeking to minimalize Trumps accountability will skewdata for their own ends. All we know about Trumps end of it is that he is not out in front of anything but only reacts when he has no choice but to react. That he places corporate interests ahead of human interests. And that his first instinct is to lie. I don't know how that kind of leadership will affect the data or future models, but I'd guess it will show up somewhere. It will all be deconstructed afterwards, of that I'm sure.

Here's just one of thousands of his lies:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/google-reportedly-had-no-clue-153300119.html

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

I don't know how that kind of leadership will affect the data or future models, but I'd guess it will show up somewhere. 

They could call it the “idiot factor”, to be applied to all modeling formulae in the post trump world.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Happy happy joy joy? 

No just a rational analysis of where the world is heading sadly. But we all get to die in the end so coming to terms with your mortality and finding joy and happiness where you can before the end is probably the goal of our life's journey. Well it is mine. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Models are made up bs

Everything's made up that is to paraphrase what the Buddha said - and he was telling the TRUTH. Language - made up , countries - made up , Trump - totally made up , Thailand  - all made up , this forum made up by George, troll users made up , but your breath and your impermanence that is real as is the wrath of the mods ! Strive on with diligence. 

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

Everything's made up that is to paraphrase what the Buddha said - and he was telling the TRUTH. Language - made up , countries - made up , Trump - totally made up , Thailand  - all made up , this forum made up by George but your breath and your impermanence that is real as is the wrath of the mods !

History is fact. Forecasts are just made up. The best predictor of the future is the past.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

So you're comparing what a bunch of billionaires have collectively donated with Trump's "pittance" of $100,000? Yes, that makes real sense. Sorry, but no matter how you slice it, $100,000 is a large donation. So tell us, how much have YOU PERSONALLY DONATED, both in terms of dollars and your net worth, that you judge that which others have donated?

And yes, donating one's salary is in fact donating their own money. Surely you see you error, yes?

I thought Trump promised not to take his salary?

Hiw can he donate what he doesn’t have?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

History is a set of lies agreed upon.

Napoleon Bonaparte

Still, models are predictions, which are often BS. That's why rational people are suspicious of them, especially given how much *science* has been infested by political activism. Simple reality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

So who all is involved in this conspiracy to hide Trump's coronavirus test results?

Russia.

I wish I could do it like Carlson does it. Makes me laugh everythime he says it.

• Haha 1