Pattaya shut down imminent: Bars and clubs brace for closure order

webfact

3 hours ago, CGW said:

Turning into a huge worldwide "psych op" why didn't they shut down 6 weeks ago, why the need now?

2020-03-16 10_24_13-Window.png

before songkran hopefully then we dont have to endure a week of wet and aching feet , also glad its now as i have finished my holiday 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

bars, pubs and clubs in Pattaya are bracing for orders from the government to shut to stop the spread of coronavirus in crowded areas

Blimey .. There's gonna be a lot of hungry Buffalo that'll need extra sponsoring soon .. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Creasy said:

Damn. A lot of police franchises are going to lose a lot of money without anybody to shake down.

there are still the places to play snooker, darts and ping pong ....where you can meet with limited number of people

Tourists are out , i mean European and soon also US is on shutdown . If there is any time to do it , it is now . Only people living there will be on the streets and bars , and bars being 1 of the most dangerous places around . Thailand has cases ... lets even assume they are like the nrs they bring out . In less then 2 weeks you can go from 100 to more then 1000 , and from 1000 to 10000 only takes another week . Plenty of examples around by now . Tourism is getting a super heavy blow either way . Nobody wants it like that , nobody in the world likes the lockdowns , everybody wants it the same it was before ( or better ) , but it is what it is . Better bite that bullet , and try to contain it so you can be ready to release the measures when the rest of the world is finished with it also . By timeframe , China and S Korea have done their cycle and are done in roughly 2 months .

• Like 2

2005 Mitsubishi Pareto for sale Thai one owner:

farang: ok it’s beautiful I offer you 249000 baht.

answer: NO way 690000

I paid 890000 and it’s only 16 years old with 300000 kilometers on it!

ha! Thailand cognitive dissonance 

real estate and all the rest is done here for a long time I’m afraid!! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, sezze said:

Tourists are out , i mean European and soon also US is on shutdown . If there is any time to do it , it is now . Only people living there will be on the streets and bars , and bars being 1 of the most dangerous places around . Thailand has cases ... lets even assume they are like the nrs they bring out . In less then 2 weeks you can go from 100 to more then 1000 , and from 1000 to 10000 only takes another week . Plenty of examples around by now . Tourism is getting a super heavy blow either way . Nobody wants it like that , nobody in the world likes the lockdowns , everybody wants it the same it was before ( or better ) , but it is what it is . Better bite that bullet , and try to contain it so you can be ready to release the measures when the rest of the world is finished with it also . By timeframe , China and S Korea have done their cycle and are done in roughly 2 months .

May I ask where you're staying at the moment? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Susco said:

What makes Pattaya different from the rest of the world,

One assumes you're aware of bar, cafe etc closures in some Western countries. At least in most Western countries there is welfare and support services for SMEs and staff during crisis events. Could be wrong, but one assumes the Thai government will do nothing to support the less fortunate. e.g. some of my extended Thai family in Pattaya are motorbike taxi drivers with family to support who live day to day, they will really suffer if the shutdown goes ahead. 

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, eeworldwide said:

Face it - none of us know what's going to happen, but the continuing global trend is to shut down the possibility of large public gatherings and that of course must include entertainment venues where alcohol is served and people will become more lax in judgement.

The number of confirmed CVD-19 cases in Thailand is now rising daily. There are a couple of thousand people being kept in hospital with respiratory problems and the government is just refusing to call it CVD 19.

Nobody is going to be flying to Thailand for holiday for the foreseeable future - forget about it. Yes - it's going to impact a lot of people very hard indeed, but there it is.

Im dubious indeed that China now have it all  "under control" - the Chinese government do not have a great track record in honesty.

The world is changing before our very eyes, and we cannot say how long it will take, but personal friends who work in risk assessment in insurance in Thailand have told me it's very likely to be a shut down scenario until August.

One day at a time, I guess.

Whatever happens, Thailand, and most other places, will never be the same again.

Fast changes arriving.

"but personal friends who work in risk assessment in insurance in Thailand have told me it's very likely to be a shut down scenario until August"

Really? Maybe you should find some new friends. 

• Like 1

Here in Kuala Lumpur its reported to be bad. I can assure you its been extremely hot here the last few weeks.

Bars not closing though patronage has dropped quite a bit. The gf tells me the usual hoarding at supermarkets have started. Traffic is still shocking.

Im flying up to alor setar next week for 3 days work, will see how the domestic airports are.

My friend arrived backnfrom vietnam yesterday after 4 day trip, said no issue getting in or out.

But pretty much most things on hold here. Except my local watering hole.

IMG-20200316-WA0001.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, simple1 said:

One assumes you're aware of bar, cafe etc closures in some Western countries. At least in most Western countries there is welfare and support services for SMEs and staff during crisis events. Could be wrong, but one assumes the Thai government will do nothing to support the less fortunate. e.g. some of my extended Thai family in Pattaya are motorbike taxi drivers with family to support who live day to day, they will really suffer if the shutdown goes ahead. 

The ones that will really suffer economically if there will be a shutdown are those who spent a lot on their bars/restaurants and on top of that pay rent every month. They haven't been able to sell their bars for a quite long time because of less tourists/bad exchange rates. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Here in Kuala Lumpur its reported to be bad. I can assure you its been extremely hot here the last few weeks.

Bars not closing though patronage has dropped quite a bit. The gf tells me the usual hoarding at supermarkets have started. Traffic is still shocking.

Im flying up to alor setar next week for 3 days work, will see how the domestic airports are.

My friend arrived backnfrom vietnam yesterday after 4 day trip, said no issue getting in or out.

But pretty much most things on hold here. Except my local watering hole.

IMG-20200316-WA0001.jpg

Have you tried this one? 

corona-beer-changes-their-name-to-ebola-extra-to-avoid-association-with-the-corona-virus-outbreak.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

I have a bum gun. 

Great ???? thanks for sharing that vital information with us - hopefully everybody who has invested in similar equipment will share with us also ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Everything is shutting down including New York.... There's no alternative or Thailand will end up like Italy. Thai doctors are warning since days and urging the government to finally react, they don't do that without reason. 

Wake up...Not a time for bs conspiracy stories.

Unfortunately many/most conspiracies end up being truth.....  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The ones that will really suffer economically if there will be a shutdown are those who spent a lot on their bars/restaurants and on top of that pay rent every month. They haven't been able to sell their bars for a quite long time because of less tourists/bad exchange rates. 

Sure they will have a greater fiscal / asset loss, but would guarantee, overall, motorbike taxi drivers will have a lot tougher life.

Close my favourite friendly quiet bar down but STILL let people arrive on direct flights from Hong Kong without a visa or health certificate.

They should have stopped flights from China,Macau, Hong Kong etc 6 weeks ago

Am I stupid or have they got it wrong ???

Just now, natway09 said:

Close my favourite friendly quiet bar down but STILL let people arrive on direct flights from Hong Kong without a visa or health certificate.

They should have stopped flights from China,Macau, Hong Kong etc 6 weeks ago

Am I stupid or have they got it wrong ???

Yep. Even today I looked up and saw EVA just flying out from CM. They do a direct from here to Taiwan. Sort of shocked me as how stupid this government really is. Well Anutin is, the big mouth with out a full deck.

• Confused 1