Pattaya shut down imminent: Bars and clubs brace for closure order

webfact

3 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Because Einstein, it's an incubating scesspool of whores, and lowlifes, so the virus will spread like the plague. Should push up the property markets quite well ! 

Glad I never bought there! ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The charts showing most cases of china corona virus are discovered in Bangkok and Sofar zero cases listed in Pattaya. So then a lockdown would make more sense there or nationwide as what most countries with lots of corona cases are doing nowadays!

Edited by Destiny1990

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

The charts showing most cases of china corona virus are discovered in Bangkok and Sofar zero cases listed in Pattaya. So then a lockdown would make more sense there or nationwide as what most countries with lots of corona cases are doing nowadays!

I saw with my own eyes them spraying Pattaya with the virus zapping fog machine.

This would account for the zero Coronavirus cases in Dodge.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, CGW said:

Just had a message from a friend in Malaysia, they are effectively shutting the country down as off now - the coordination worldwide seems to be good? 

Someones calling the shots, in my humble opinion.

I heard that a lot of the foreign food we buy in Thailand comes through Malaysia.

6 hours ago, glennb6 said:

same could have been said for SARs, MERs, standard seasonal flu, the common cold, the bargirl cough cold, herpies, STDs big and small... what else am I forgetting... Has the world ended yet? Oh, well.... you can't be too careful or stop spreading WuFlu terror. Meh.

This is right on...

5 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

The government in Thailand should be paying out of work hookers????

did I read this right????  Another intelligent comment from yet another intelligent Thai retiree!

a sure way to bankrupt the country in a month!

I agree I want the government to pay for my ST/LT.... 

• Haha 1

Well done China.

Another country that will need you more than ever.

China has destroyed Laos only a matter of time before it finishes what it started in LOS.

LOS was already developing the  nickname (on some travel sites) LOC.

This ensures Chinese dominance for many years to come.

9 hours ago, Leaver said:

I guess it's the end of the world for that 4% to 8%, but I am sure they take comfort in your maths, knowing everyone else is ok. 

It is very much a concern for those who are older, have underlying health issues and may not be located where they can get the medical support that will keep them alive. To be one of the 60% herd is possibly a death sentence. All very well for a fit 30 year old to preach 'what are you worried about'.....despite the fact they may themselves lose family members. 

6 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

The government in Thailand should be paying out of work hookers????

did I read this right????  Another intelligent comment from yet another intelligent Thai retiree!

a sure way to bankrupt the country in a month!

I think they should pay everyone who they instruct to stop working.

And I don't know any girl who get's a salary for prostitution. They get salaries for dancing.

If you would work somewhere and the government tells you to stop. How would you react?

And just for the record: I pay income tax in Thailand. 

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And I don't know any girl who get's a salary for prostitution. They get salaries for dancing.

If you would work somewhere and the government tells you to stop. How would you react?

The government needs to be buying lady drinks and paying bar fines for hookers in these hard times....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is very much a concern for those who are older, have underlying health issues and may not be located where they can get the medical support that will keep them alive.....

Well to be honest, anyone who lives where they cannot get "medical support" and has underlying health conditions should be concerned for many reasons other than the Covid19 virus.  A multitude of diseases or accidents or medical conditions could end their lives 

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, paying taxes gives us the right to point out everything wrong

Peace

On 3/16/2020 at 2:38 PM, ThomasThBKK said:

Everything is shutting down including New York.... There's no alternative or Thailand will end up like Italy. Thai doctors are warning since days and urging the government to finally react, they don't do that without reason. 

Wake up...Not a time for bs conspiracy stories.

Sadly this is Thailand and the powers that be want their cake and eat it too. 

So much dirty money and corruption, and honestly they have lost their focus on the people...

They want the rewards but don't want the pain of closing places down short term. 

They want to stop people working but don't want to compensate them from government coffers.

They want their double salary positions, but do little in return for the money. 

Amazingly China is now reducing intensive care doctors and seeing a peak. 

Thailand has to realise that they have to be cruel to be kind sometimes. 

No future gain without some short term pain. 

46 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Well to be honest, anyone who lives where they cannot get "medical support" and has underlying health conditions should be concerned for many reasons other than the Covid19 virus.  A multitude of diseases or accidents or medical conditions could end their lives 

Well we are talking about this one at the moment... I wonder how many spare ventilators they have in Nakhon Nowhere Public Hospital.

On 3/16/2020 at 10:12 AM, Susco said:

I expect some beer hoarding, instead of toilet paper, if that comes into effect

yes we do not need toilet paper to wipe bum only to blow nose on, one thing I love about Thai beautiful water spray

On 3/16/2020 at 2:23 PM, dallen52 said:

Much self inflicted damage here, well before the coronavirus. 

Thai government officials, and shooting off at the mouth.

Plus not to mention the recent spate of farang bashing. 

LOS has become

Land of Sadness ...

I couldn’t agree more. It is also the Land of Stupidity I suggest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is very much a concern for those who are older, have underlying health issues and may not be located where they can get the medical support that will keep them alive. To be one of the 60% herd is possibly a death sentence. All very well for a fit 30 year old to preach 'what are you worried about'.....despite the fact they may themselves lose family members. 

Do you think Thailand's medical system is up to the task of saving older people when the cases start to rise here?

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2020 at 3:31 AM, glennb6 said:

If the govt declares the bars in Pattaya must shut down, stick a fork in it and say goodnight. Property prices will crash, businesses will close and throw people out of work, and crime will increase. Maybe half the locals can take up rice farming again...

Some of us have been saying this since late jan early feb.. 

the amount of deniers I have had to listen to on facebook when spelling out the potential outcomes of mass unemployment, global great depression etc has been maddening.. 'its just the flu bro'.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

Do you think Thailand's medical system is up to the task of saving older people when the cases start to rise here?

Presuming that to be a straight question, no I do not. It is proving to be beyond a relatively wealthy and well serviced area in Italy even. 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Presuming that to be a straight question, no I do not. It is proving to be beyond a relatively wealthy and well serviced area in Italy even. 

Correct. 

So, if / when it hits the fan here, many elderly folk might not get life saving medical treatment, and die. 

This would damage Thailand's "image." So, close bars to save lives and protect Thailand's future earnings, rather than having global media attention on the lack of medical services seeing expat foreigners dying in big numbers, like Italy.

They care about Thailand's image, and future earnings, not the foreign expats themselves, and have the added bonus of being seen to actually be doing something.  ????

On March 17, 2020 at 5:37 PM, Leaver said:

Thailand will take care of its people first, don't kid yourself on this, when push comes to shove, and there is a lneup for the medical equipment, guess who will be in the back of the line????

you don't need me to give you the answer to this one.

lord help a falang if they contract corona in Thailand.

but yet the drunks of pattaya continue to sit in the bars talking about brexi to and how the pound has tanked!

Edited by Ron jeremy
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ron jeremy said:

Thailand will take care of its people first, don't kid yourself on this, when push comes to shove, and there is a lneup for the medical equipment, guess who will be in the back of the line????

you don't need me to give you the answer to this one.

lord help a falang if they contract corona in Thailand.

I disagree.

Thailand will help those that can pay first. 

If both a Thai and farang can pay, the Thai will get preference. 

Anyone who can't pay, Thai or farang, will be left to die.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I disagree.

Thailand will help those that can pay first. 

If both a Thai and farang can pay, the Thai will get preference. 

Anyone who can't pay, Thai or farang, will be left to die.

You may have a point there leaver, that's all the Thais care about, money!

perhaps I stand to be corrected.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

You may have a point there leaver, that's all the Thais care about, money!

perhaps I stand to be corrected.

Money Number One here. 

Wealth before Health.  

If old, but wealthy farang, started to get sick here, you can bet the few ventilators available will be going to the rich Thai's, not the farang.

So, I do agree with you, but add that the Thai's will put money before nationality. 

Edited by Leaver