Thailand must win the fight against Covid-19, says Prayut

webfact

If we get it on the islands we are well and truly up the creek tiny government hospital with very few ventilators best thing you can do is close the front door and hope you dont catch it trouble is the islands are still allowing parties last night it was the half moon ????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mossman said:

Look on the bright side, at lease you can now get cheap cinema tickets. Nothing like sitting close to a bunch of strangers in a small room.

http://www.majorcineplex.com/promotion/movie-summer-40baht-2020?_m_utk=19c60093a1c891ac2772c6e8fc00f9a8

9B3DE087-7F66-401A-B17D-BA37620ABB33.png

Great idea for social distancing, pack them all into cheap cinema seats for 2 hours in the cold! Last time they had something like this they were lines 50 yards long.

11 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

For Thailand to win, the whole world must win. Has this man ever been thinking about that. Heads up Mr. Prayut! Calling for sovereignty doesn´t work this time.

It means they are waiting for the China corona vaccine to be released in Germany !

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I'm still absolutely unable to find facemasks or alcohol other than the initial amount I was able to scrounge up. Just asked yesterday at another ten pharmacy.

Conspiracy to sell (millions?) of TONS of facemasks (did I read that correctly???) to Communist China might be an issue. So too the death of Chinese in Huay Kwang related. Another huge amount reportedly bad masks, soiled sold to Chinese for 2m baht.

Western countries should really note this nation's alliegences and treat accordingly. Tariff on western food items is ridiculous. Virtually no western products in stores

Just have this horrible feeling it's gonna get ugly for us farang by govt edict. None of what comes out of it ever makes a bit of sense.

My fly from Germany  to Italy been canceled,I did call my embassy  to ask for a  document to bring to immigration for a extension  to my O Visa.They strongly suggested  to leave thailand as soon as possible, you are better off  in europe without a fly then here ,the worry wasn't  about the virus but about Thai government. 

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

There is no wu-flu. There is a SARS CoV-2  virus which results in a deadly illness called Covid 19. You think you are funny, but you are not.

There is free testing. Present with symptoms and be in a risk demographic and they will test. Do you not understand that there is a shortage of testing supplies, lab facilities and personnel? The priority is being given to probable infections. At this point, free testing will encourage unnecessary testing.  The priority now must be to prioritize  attention and to trace active cases.  Under current asset limitations, active infections will be given priority.

Why do they need a test. A bad cough, snotty nose, feeling sh'tty, fever............Baby you got it. Get out of circulation and take para. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThaiBunny said:

The interesting question is what happens in a month's time, when hundreds of thousands of Bangkokians leave the city to spend Songkran back in the village with their older parents and aged grandparents. Will Prayut be brave enough to ban such movement?

Songkran has been cancelled...it will be held later in the year.

I can feel a lets pat ourselves on the back for a great job we have done.

Lets not go back to early January when we could have prevented many of these cases by doing the very things we are doing now.  What was it, we welcome all Chinese tourists.

Just bring your money.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Why do they need a test. A bad cough, snotty nose, feeling sh'tty, fever............Baby you got it. Get out of circulation and take para. 

already shown majority of sniffle etc cases turn out to be either a simple cold, or even just typical latest flu... 

Hopefully anyone in a bed being treated, are getting help for cold/flu/Pneumonia symptoms; as it might just be that? 

- plus... doing those default treatments to clear the 'standard' stuff, may help out the oueventual attempts at diagnosis -  to be more concise!

(easier to see the trees for the forest)

GF works in Government hospital says that there is a lack of knowledge by the upper management and no guidelines from the medical experts.  A person comes in with a head ache and a cough it is automatically assumed they have the Virus.

The thing is IMHO that this is a Flu.  Does it kill people Yes

Does the Flu kill people YES

We here about a lot of people having the virus but the only people that seem to be dying are those with preexisting conditions.

Should schools be closed yes but then again they already are.

Should we stop people from gathering in groups maybe but then in that case we need to CLOSE MBK CENTRAL and all the malls.

Is there a shortage of masks I am not sure everyone under the sun is selling them so I am not sure where that comes from.

I lived through SARS and yes it was scarey but if people use their brains and take precautions it is not that bad.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He said people should believe the government could provide them with enough face masks and consumer goods and there was no need to panic.

Can't remember him being in "Hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy" but he must have read the book ha ha ha!!! 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand must win the fight against Covid-19, says Prayut

Not a very profound statement I do believe every country is thinking the same thing....!!!

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He urged people to take care of their health, to eat only well-cooked and clean food, to avoid sharing spoons and glasses, to wear face masks in high-risk areas, to wash their hands often with soap and water, especially if they have touched hand rails and door knobs, and the avoidance of crowds.

The only words that have passed his lips that were not insulting to one's intelligence.   Of course, there are no face masks, which shows his foppishness.  Washing your hands can save you.

Songkran is shut down (postponed or cancelled), but when the bars and massage shops close then all the girls will be going back to their village anyways.  This will lead to mass spreading from infected BKK, Pattaya, Phuket areas to the whole country.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

How about telling Thais to be more hygenic when they cough or sneeze. The first observation i recorded regarding cultural differences here is when they cough or sneeze. Absolutly never use a tissue or hankichief, never cover their face and the volume level turned up to 11 when sneezing or coughing.  JUST NO IDEA 

• Like 2