Update Bus Ksr – New Airport Please

jimmy5L

Hi folks,

Can somebody update me with the 100 bht bus that goes direct from the airport to Kao san road? Friday morning will be the first time I arrive on the “new” airport, have no idea if this bus still operates and where to catch it!

So please help me out!

Thanks!

Hi folks,

Can somebody update me with the 100 bht bus that goes direct from the airport to Kao san road? Friday morning will be the first time I arrive on the “new” airport, have no idea if this bus still operates and where to catch it!

So please help me out!

Thanks!

It is now called the "Airport Express" bus and has a yellowish color. The bus stops at the terminal on the ground floor, not far from the taxi sign up desk. There are 2 Airport Bus kiosks, one inside near door 8 and one outside door 8 close to the curb.

There is a separate new bus terminal at the Transportation Center, you have to take a free shuttle to get to there. Lots of cheap city buses head into Bangkok (and other towns) from that new bus terminal.

Thanks Bacus,

H2o, I like that bus, safe, no hassles, fixt price;

taxi’s often try to rip you off, specially when your tired, 400 / 500 bht or more, meter on / off, extra for the highway, ones he wanted to drop me of somewhere I don’t know where! I heard ones that somebody got mugged and even killed!

I like bus metro skytrain boat etc, you know what’s going on! If there is no other way, I take a taxi and pray! :D

But thanks anyway!

:o

There's little to fear about being ripped off if you use the airport taxi dispatcher, one level below arrivals. Costs an extra 50 baht. Big deal. For that, they register the taxi's number, make sure he knows where you're going, and he's guaranteed to use his meter. Cost to KSR area, door to door: 300 to 350 baht including dispatcher fee and expressway tolls.

The Airport Express now costs 150 baht per person. It's not such a good deal unless you're alone. If you're 2 people, you may as well take a taxi. City bus number 556 goes to KSR from the airport bus terminal (free shuttle bus). Cost: 35 baht.

Edited by billp