All visitors to Thailand require medical certificate, insurance and monitoring system

snoop1130

14 hours ago, schlog said:

Which travel health insurance will cover Corona? Since beginning february it's impossible to get cover for that.

@schlog, my insurance will cover Coronavirus, Covid19, and many other ailments, diseases, etc. 

I have CIGNA International. 

I have a memo from CIGNA stating we insured persons will be covered for CV related issues, both illness and precautionary, while on biz travel or personal vacation/holiday. 

14 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

Phone ... dig out that obsolete old phone from the collection you keep in the third drawer at home, put it in the equivalent drawer in your AirBnB

COVID insurance cover ... NO insurance company, inside or outside Thailand is doing that, declared pandemic or any other''known" cause = nil cover

Health certificate ... best of luck getting one from anywhere

... this is all theatre, there'll be a new show by Friday.

I have CIGNA International.   The memo I received stated we insured persons are covered for biz and personal travel.   

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Well if a plane crashes down with only 300 casualties they spend lots of time on finding the cause and the responsible persons. So lets wait how this going to be investigated.. i am certainly glad that ur not involved in that process.

Tracing an outbreak to patient 0 and the origins of it are a normal scientific process that is done as per all outbreaks.  It is not however to find 'fault', it is so that we have more information about it to develop vaccines or attack the problem at the source (sort of like dropping bait laced with vaccines to fight rabies in the wild).  The plane crash is a completely different beast.  Failures can often be traced to failures in design, processes or training.  These can be 'corrected' since they are human error.  The blame for things like new viral outbreaks is the realm of gods and nature - at most you can kill the messenger (Darwin).  Viruses are constantly changing and mutating randomly in nature, many are benign, many fail due to not being able to be transmitted easily... eventually with the right roll of the dice one becomes a plague on humanity.  Some people die, some survive and are immune or were always immune (genetic selection) and eventually the viral outbreak burns itself out and things return to normal.  It is only a very short period that we had the knowledge to fight these viral or bacterial outbreaks - which in itself is problematic since nature is no longer able to bring things back into balance.  You might have heard of something called antibiotics and antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria... we developed antibiotics, and started greatly reducing the outbreaks... due to overuse and killing off the ones that were not immune to our antibiotics - the ones left were ones that had mutated and became immune to antibiotics causing a resurgence.  The only way to eliminate or correct the threat would be to sterilize the world of all life... but then that has it's own problematic issues.

Now for an apt article to read on the dangers of what you are proposing...

The ‘Chinese Flu’ Is Part of a Long History of Racializing Disease

Edited by bkkcanuck8
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Don Mega said:

so what your saying is that you read neither the thread title or the 1st post then.

Who is 1000's if miles away?

@Don Mega, do your own research for YOUR travel plan.  The poster answered your question, move forward.  

6 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

A more interesting question is will china be held accountable for the corona virus?

Accountable in what way? 

It is acknowledged the world over that the virus began in wuhan, are you seeking reparations?

Unless you have proof they created the virus, tested it on their own population and sent folks out to infect the world, what kind of accountability could you seek?

16 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

“ The new measure requires all nationalities arriving in the kingdom to show a medical certificate, issued no more than three days prior to their arrival, have purchased an insurance plan for COVID-19 and giving consent to allow authorities to install a monitoring application on their smart phone. “

What will be the procedure if any of these “ all nationalities “ haven’t complied ??

Deported???

1 minute ago, Burma Bill said:

Deported???

It now looks like a couple from somewhere in Southeast Asia did not heed New Zealand's isolation procedures and are now at risk of paying all of the cost as well as being deported....That could or could not happen here, not sue what will the cost be to the 2 Italian's who ran amok on an island here in Thailand and were just located.

• Thanks 1

I have just verified with the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh (where I currently am) that no requirement for a health certificate if entering at a land border.

I did not ask about flying as I plan to come by road. But I think this article and similar onevin Bangkok Post are both inaccurate.

For now at least there has been no change to entry requirements and they are as of a few days ago and listed here

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/news.php

Of course could change at any time, for which reason I have made the difficult (and costly) decision to cut my trip short and return tomorrow. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, madmen said:

Rather than risk your rating by denying requests, why don't you just block the next few months off? 

Yes, I have now. This months rental was negotiated privately, I hadn't had time to get to it.

Edited by metempsychotic

17 hours ago, PST said:

ALL Nationalities?, or the ones mentioned in the article???

Thai-style (inaccurate) journalism is not confined to newspapers. TVF can hold its own against them. The headline is blatantly wrong, mis-leading and maybe designed to get you to read the article. I would call it something else, but then I would get banned for calling a spade a spade. Or maybe it's just poor journalism. Either way, the headline needs to be corrected, if anyone at TVF cares to deal with it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Read the story and not the lying inaccurate misleading poorly written headline.

The story also says "all nationalities", same as the headline

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The new measure requires all nationalities arriving in the kingdom to show a medical certificate, issued no more than three days prior to their arrival, have purchased an insurance plan for COVID-19 and giving consent to allow authorities to install a monitoring application on their smart phone.

26 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The story also says "all nationalities", same as the headline

Poor form that from the headline writers, they should be trying to ease panic, not create it. Lazy journalism at its finest in a critical situation

Edited by PST
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lipoman said:

@Don Mega, do your own research for YOUR travel plan.  The poster answered your question, move forward.  

@Lipoman, I have no travel plans, I reside in Thailand. The poster did not answer my  question within the context it was posted in reference to the thread title and first post

2 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

Accountable in what way? 

It is acknowledged the world over that the virus began in wuhan, are you seeking reparations?

Unless you have proof they created the virus, tested it on their own population and sent folks out to infect the world, what kind of accountability could you seek?

Well if it turns out that people at that market were selling buying and consuming animals that was  illegal by their own law. If it then can  be proven the virus came from consuming such forbidden animals than it begs the question why did that government let that happen? I am looking for a financial payout for each infected person ????????????. Anyway let's wait the investigation take place first. Atleast need to make sure such animals nolonger going to be eaten and or sold !

32 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Well if it turns out that people at that market were selling buying and consuming animals that was  illegal by their own law. If it then can  be proven the virus came from consuming such forbidden animals than it begs the question why did that government let that happen? I am looking for a financial payout for each infected person ????????????. Anyway let's wait the investigation take place first. Atleast need to make sure such animals nolonger going to be eaten and or sold !

Sorry to say 

You will be sprouting daisys

when the truth emerges to the Corona Virus birth Etc Etc  it.s another Economic World  Cleansing 

simple as that

Edited by deej
  • Like 2

Corona Virus Insurance? Asking for insurance that doesn't exist? Medical Certificate? In Australia you can't get tested if you are not showing any signs of the virus. Anyway most airlines will be shutting down for a couple of months and the exchange rate is rubbish.

Edited by reargunnerph3

21 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

Can this damn thing just get on with it and morph into full blown zombie stage!!! 

Best bet, from economic viewpoint, is spread it quickly, let everyone sniffle for two weeks and be done with it. As for kids worldwide, halt Head Start, pre-school, nursery school, kindergarten, and group child care. As for weak and elderly let C-v take its toll, thus saving massive amounts in future health care and retirement systems. I'm old and weak so not pickung on anybody. We would do better playing the French in 1940 rather than America in Afghanistan.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mac98 said:

Best bet, from economic viewpoint, is spread it quickly, let everyone sniffle for two weeks and be done with it. As for kids worldwide, halt Head Start, pre-school, nursery school, kindergarten, and group child care. As for weak and elderly let C-v take its toll, thus saving massive amounts in future health care and retirement systems. I'm old and weak so not pickung on anybody. We would do better playing the French in 1940 rather than America in Afghanistan.

Well, except for the considerable lung damage that occurs in many of the survivors... the question is whether it is damage our body can eventually recover from given proper rehab.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jiffypop said:

I just arrived in Thailand today from Vietnam. Can confirm no health certificate or self quarantine needed. I'm a Dutch citizen but have only been in Thailand and Vietnam recently.

Certs are based on where you were not your nationality.