All Pattaya entertainment venues to close for 14 days

webfact

57 minutes ago, robert888d said:

I have just walked from Jomtien monkey statue to Foodland,both lady massage parlours on the right hand side were open and touting for business.Heard the blind massage is open too.Was it fake news or are the Thais just taking no notice of the decree?

Laws/rules/official orders being ignored is commonplace.

Ever notice people smoking on the beach, riding without a helmet, littering, etc

Police may work an hour or so every so often and get around to closing a few venues,

Laws without enforcement tend to be ignored

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

Pattaya, high season, oxymoron.

I used the terms "High" and "low" both very loosely ...  I have to admit it's  getting harder each year to  notice when one season start and one finishes ..The times are a changin and COVID19 is just accelerating the low end  bar scenes demize  RIP

2 hours ago, smiggley said:

So restaurants and shopping centres are exempt, WHY??? I can only presume you can not spread the virus in these croaded places.

Was in Central a few minutes ago it was anything but crowded,in fact it's the emptiest I've ever seen it .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

Finishing those bloody roadworks would be a better idea...

i live at cosy beach---we have had ongoing roadworks for well over 6 months..they dig up main intersections, then no more work is done for two weeks, very frustrating for business owners.

even the main road down to cosy beach remains closed for two months + while they dig up ptatumnak rd.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

You just say that because you don't want anybody else to come :cheesy:

no, i dont live there...its probably a nice place for retirees, but im just commenting that the bars are so very boring, most the ladies over 40yrs old.

must bars dont even have music. perhaps they cater for 80+ yr old expats..??

Has anyone of these so called officials thought about the immigration office when asking people to give 1m distance to another person, and in another report wanting to close places that have 50 or more people? If they close immigration and some people not being allowed back to their country, what will happen about visas and overstays?

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Logic imo is closing down places with a high number of infected. Hence,no logic in closing down Pattaya just because they closed down BKK. When you have a so called local virus transmission, the number of infected will increase even during a 14 days shutdown because of for example shopping and going to restaurants. People will still go to the local market or postoffice and also buy street food. It would have been better to close the borders. 

We have a little bit more that doesn´t make sense here. That is you comparing bars with other places. You know that people might NEED to go out and buy food. That´s why they go to the local market. People go to the post office, because they have something that NEEDS to be done. Regarding bars. Are you one of those that NEEDS to go drink a beer and get a FK?

Edited by Matzzon

None of this gets anywhere near China, Singapore or HK or Korea and certainly not UK, USA, France, Germany, Spain, Italy or Holland, Austria or Switzerland or Canada, This is a Pandemic killing thousands of people and in UK the death toll each day as in America is predominately over 70s with other conditions. UK is now saying all over 70s have to stay home and avoid groups, This is no joke and silly half drunk Brits or others cramming into hidden bars etc are exposing themselves to this biggest and fastest killer the globe has seen since the beginning of 20th Century flu killer. Wake up. Its in Thailand too.

Edited by peter48
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Was out in CM last night and everyone is worried and thinking here will be the next hit. 

Strange reaction! do you suspect that the media is driving the fear and pessimism?

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, peter48 said:

None of this gets anywhere near China, Singapore or HK or Korea and certainly not UK, USA, France, Germany, Spain, Italy or Holland, Austria or Switzerland or Canada, This is a Pandemic killing thousands of people and in UK the death toll each day as in America is predominately over 70s with other conditions. UK is now saying all over 70s have to stay home and avoid groups, This is no joke and silly half drunk Brits or others cramming into hidden bars etc are exposing themselves to this biggest and fastest killer the globe has seen since the beginning of 20th Century flu killer. Wake up. Its in Thailand too.

i was just in an open air bar in buakhao and most guys i saw in the bar or walking past are in the at risk groups, if the outbreak does pick up they are very vulnerable and of course hospitals won't cope.

On the positive side i popped into a good clinic earlier and it's empty, certainly not full of coughing people. I asked the doctor and he said he hasn't seen anyone with Corona

• Like 1

This virus is not going to be eliminated, all governments can try to do is control the speed which it spreads.  30 new cases a day is actually pretty good control for the goal is to not overwhelm the healthcare system. 

So many naysayers online.  

Even more amusing are those looking for alternative locations simply to get a beer.

30 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i was just in an open air bar in buakhao and most guys i saw in the bar or walking past are in the at risk groups, if the outbreak does pick up they are very vulnerable and of course hospitals won't cope.

On the positive side i popped into a good clinic earlier and it's empty, certainly not full of coughing people. I asked the doctor and he said he hasn't seen anyone with Corona

Likely they can't afford the hospital too. 

I would be surprised if the odd case had not been whisked off.

7 hours ago, swissie said:

Surely, health officials have recommended a 4 to 6 week "closure" (like everywhere else). But the TAT could not possibly go with that.
A 2 week "closure" is about as useful as closing the barn door after the horse has bolted out of the barn before.

Unfortunately for the people of Thailand the barn caught fire a couple of months ago but the government <deleted> department locked down the fire brigade. There hasn't been any doors to lock for a while whilst the horse has been grazing freely ???? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bartender100 said:

Places like Frazer's in Jomtien will do well, as will other big pub come restaurants

Looking at what's happening in the UK no restaurant or bar will do well and the majority will fail in a very short time once the fear hits.

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

People should probably start to update their thinking about this. 

It's not a hoax. 

It will likely infect the majority of people on the planet. 

It could take two years to do so. 

The international response is way past any hopes of fully stopping the spread. That is impossible. 

The plan is to slow it down so that health systems aren't overwhelmed during a short period of time which will mean many people dying that didn't need to as happened in China, Iran, and Italy. The USA and Thailand will both probably be the next Italy because both waited too long to properly respond. 

For those in high risk groups to die from this and yes that includes me you need to try hard to avoid being infected before there is a vaccine which likely won't happen for 18 months. 

The math's is very easy to do--Population * 80% infection rate (China expectation) * 1% (China mortality rate across all age groups) I will have to add age adds to the mortality percentage with those over 70 the figure is anywhere from 6-14% (China figures)

The answer will shock you. 

Edited by cryo

This is or will be happening all over the world eventually.  No bars, restaurants, salad bars, movies, live sports, churches, schools, offices, etc.

Only Police, Fire, Hospital workers, plumbers, delivery, groceries, pharmacies and all other jobs essential for public health,safety and sanitation.

Let's all stay home together! 

The People will kill* this Invisible monster.  ????

*Kill=Flatten the rate of growth curve

• Like 1