Thailand reports 35 new coronavirus infections for total of 212

webfact

1 hour ago, TooBigToFit said:

They don't seem to want to give out the particular location on these. They say the boxing place but where did the people go from there. It would be nice if there were a map by district or province for Thailand. Some nations seem to do that. Maybe there is but I haven't seen it. Just seems they aren't providing very good info.

I found a quote in the paper that can not be named and I thought it was interesting as It makes it seem that they finally started screening in the places they should have been all along.  So why were they not testing in these places before?

The quote is:

"In the past week, the number of patients soared because screening was expanded to groups of people and places believed to transmit the disease," Dr Suwannachai said.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, fcbkk said:

i thought this tracker was useful, but 2 cases of CN tourists that were shown in Phuket and Krabi (from Jan/Feb, of which i had not seen any  news) a few days ago have disappeared and the Thong Lor cluster is also not shown any longer. 

I have no idea of the accuracy of this map. How could it be when the official announcements lack details. 

I’ve been reading 30/35 cases each day for the last week or so whilst the rest of the world report far more each day is Thailand exempt from such high increases or are they hiding the true figures or is it that they haven't got a clue 

58 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Still at pains to point out that cases are linked to former cases or foreigners. Soon this charade will collapse

Part of the reason they're doing this is to keep the virus categorised at stage 2, localised and isolated transmission with traceable cases, rather than stage 3 - widespread community transmission. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lujanit said:

Unfortunately many Thais including my other half believe this nonsense.  She says the Thai ‘government’ would not lie to Thais. No ability to think for themselves or read international news. Just sheep.

Baa.... [poor joke] sorry.

24 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I have no idea of the accuracy of this map. How could it be when the official announcements lack details. 

sure i appreciate this i did not imply you vouched for it’s accuracy, just for general awareness.

i would have thought if the map is populated from official announcements then cases may change (e.g. turn into ‘fake news’ rather than confirmed) but they should not disappear. 

banner_declaration_180363.png

2777 admitted, those under observation at home rising as well. Those are the numbers to watch. In the other thread, was it 1000 beds the doctor mentioned are available for severe cases?

Houston, prepare for stage 3.

5 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

how the hell are most foreigner related if 4 are from a pub, 13 from a thai boxing match and 12 are community spread

my maths makes that 29 thai and 6 foreigners

but yeah keep pushing the racist anti-foreigner narrative

Read it again it actually says there were two groups, one made up

of already linked cases the second group made up of mostly foreign and explains that as being 6. Nowhere does it say mostly foreign cases, maybe the racist narrative is in your own head!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

How on earth would they know where the thousands of people at that boxing event went to afterwards?

They did not even know until many days later that this venue was a source of transmission.

All they can do now is test those who come forward and mostly that will be people who are symptomatic. They will never be able to test the majority of people who were at that event.  Not at all like the prior entertainment venue clusters which were small groups of people known to each other & socializing together.  This was a large, mass public gathering.

There are two big stadiums in. Bangkok the other one also had a big show the day before and some are thinking they could well have picked it up there. One of the gamblers posted a Facebook live where he said he was in very close contact at the show the day before with someone who also tested positive. There have been a lot of people from both shows posting on Facebook that have been tested and negative and I believe the other stadium today had a free screening service for up to 100 people and also suggested a hospital that is offering free screening for people that attended. There will likely be a lot more cases from these places, as a lot of people seem to be doing the right thing and getting tested.

Edited by Tingnongnoi
Spelling mistake

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

I’ve been reading 30/35 cases each day for the last week or so whilst the rest of the world report far more each day is Thailand exempt from such high increases or are they hiding the true figures or is it that they haven't got a clue 

No, they are not testing...so they are not labelling Covid-19.

Does anyone have any stats on how many tests they are doing per day to get these 30-odd new cases?

1 hour ago, Ricebarnandrooms said:

I think they are. I’ve been getting strange looks from people and one man pulled his daughter to his other side when I was in Big C food court. 
I have never felt uncomfortable in over 20 years here till now. 

I agree - the village folk seem to think farang are spreaders because we wear masks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

They don't seem to want to give out the particular location on these. They say the boxing place but where did the people go from there. It would be nice if there were a map by district or province for Thailand. Some nations seem to do that. Maybe there is but I haven't seen it. Just seems they aren't providing very good info.

I wonder if the venue has now been disinfected.

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

banner_declaration_180363.png

2777 admitted, those under observation at home rising as well. Those are the numbers to watch. In the other thread, was it 1000 beds the doctor mentioned are available for severe cases?

Houston, prepare for stage 3.

2,606 Pending.................Pending what?  How long does it take to complete a lab test?

5 hours ago, BRUFC said:

Guys, not too long ago someone posted a graph showing the number of cases in Thailand of what they were calling Viral Pneumonia. Can anyone please help me find it? As usual, using this site's Search function, I can't find what I want. 

The reason I want to see it again is because I want to confirm whether it has any resemblance to this UK graph which I saw this morning, although this one is 6 days old.

Thanks in advance for any forthcoming help.

GRAPHIC_RISE_INTOLL01-a1aa.png

However,  it it not up to date.  Current cases are 6000+

1583115286493.jpg

Edited by ExpatOilWorker
  • Thanks 2

I returned to the home country in early February when I saw what was happening in China and in hindsight I am glad I did. My out of country health Insurance will stop covering Covid-19 as of 1 April. And getting a flight back now is almost impossible.

As I have said before things are going to get a lot worse in Thailand both economically and from a health perspective. When it does the current government will be pointing the finger at the Farang.

Thailands best hope now is that the virus spreads rapidly and herd immunity results

7 hours ago, sapson said:

Are these only from the circa 400 apparently tested daily only in Bangkok........ what about the rest of the country apart from Bangkok hospitals 25k package nationwide, are their official results for testing in all areas..

What about Phuket? or does Prayut need permission from the real head money man before figures can be disclosed or bars closed or jet ski scam suspended for a couple of weeks.

Watching a news program this afternoon they were talking about the Covid19 I don't understand thai but they mentioned several different places other than Bangkok 

55 minutes ago, Derek B said:

I agree - the village folk seem to think farang are spreaders because we wear masks.

I was getting some strange looks from a little 2 year old boy at my local eatery this afternoon but the lady that runs the place and other people didn't treat me any different than normal