Admit ‘third phase’ is here, govt urged

webfact

10 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

in other news from the paper that cant be named i read the recent uptick in cases is due to more testing, specifically more testing around known clusters.

l

More testing is certainly part of it.

But the established transmission at the boxing match in the stadium -- attended by something like 5,000 people -- is a game changer.  They cannot begin to track and test all those people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

i have a very bad feeling there hasn't been many cases because there hasn't been enough testing.

True, but how many weeks has this been going on now, 6 or more, hospitals are not overflowing etc, etc 

The numbers are still low!

What has changed, apart from rampant scaremongering? Replies that state "this is different" not welcome, if it was different what has been happening for the past 6 weeks, is it so different it was playing hide and seek.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, CGW said:

True, but how many weeks has this been going on now, 6 or more, hospitals are not overflowing etc, etc 

The numbers are still low!

What has changed, apart from rampant scaremongering? Replies that state "this is different" not welcome, if it was different what has been happening for the past 6 weeks, is it so different it was playing hide and seek.

It's impossible to say how many cases there are in Thailand, because some people are asymptomatic. That is, they don't feel ill themselves, but are quite capable of infecting others.

If what the authorities are saying is true, Thailand is one of the better places to be. Permit me to doubt, however.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PM says if they declare Stage 3, Thailand will go into "complete lockdown" He doesn't specify what that means. Until he clarifies, people are going to be stockpiling, on the assumption that they cannot get provisions.

39 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If what the authorities are saying is true,

Be a first! or are we suddenly supposed to have complete and utter faith in them, they are obviously being told what to do - wonder by who? ????

21 minutes ago, samtam said:

He doesn't specify what that means. Until he clarifies

Give them a chance! first it has to be explained to him & repeated, sure "they" don't like to give him too much information all at one time, for obvious reasons!

You surely don't think he is the originator of any info do you?

Thailand leadership has failed to react quickly enough to prevent widespread infection and overwhelmed medical facilities...if you are an elderly farang...hunker down in place and try to ride out this menace from the security of your home...

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand currently has 212 confirmed cases.

So either the doctor is panicking about nothing, citing lack of people, medicine, beds etc etc or someones been economical with the truth?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

in other news from the paper that cant be named i read the recent uptick in cases is due to more testing, specifically more testing around known clusters.

let that sink in for a bit.

i have a very bad feeling there hasn't been many cases because there hasn't been enough testing.

I've been saying that for months. It's bloody obvious! 

Stage 3 ?

Who cares ?

We could say we are in stage 78. or 376733.

The virus, like a common cold or a common flu, is everywhere.

Million of us have been, are infected or will be infected.

So what ?

And like common flu, but a hard one, a few hundred will die (for Thailand, a country with a population of 70 millions). Perhaps a few thousands in the worst case scenario.

So what ?

We let maniacs to shut down the whole world... for this ?

When every year, in this very country, thousands of old people die, from illnesses, and more than 20 000 young people die from cars/bikes accidents ?

We need to wake up from this nightmare.

As people, we need to take a stand, and to say "stop, no more".

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

The government only listens to their unqualified inner circle. Listen to a Doctor. He is probably under arrest now.

The PM General said everything is under control months ago and has not retracted his statement. Not about to listen to facts now. 

Prayutthinking.jpg

• Haha 2

My friends lives in North Italy now they can't leave their house same like Wuhan.
What stage is that 4, 5, 6? are we going to wait that long to do something.
It's time to stop the tourist Visa's at the very least should have been done weeks ago.

"“The term ‘everything is under control’ was spoken before and during the big flood in 2011,” Adune said. “History teaches us lessons and we should learn from it, not let another failure happen.”"

This statement alone shows that he's smarter than anyone in the government.

1 hour ago, christophe75 said:

Stage 3 ?

Who cares ?

So what ?

And like common flu, but a hard one, a few hundred will die (for Thailand, a country with a population of 70 millions). Perhaps a few thousands in the worst case scenario.

So what ?

When every year, in this very country, thousands of old people die, from illnesses, and more than 20 000 young people die from cars/bikes accidents ?

Go on then. You first.

I'm assuming that you're Thai and have a voice here?

And once the grand declaration of "NO MORE!!!" has been made, just so we're all up to speed as to what we're doing, can you tell us what happens next?

Do we all go back to our normal lives?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Denim said:

That will happen when people get as bored with hearing about the virus as they were with Brexit.

Now it is big news and people still find it interesting , scary and exciting.

Soon enough the financial and economical pain will be thought to be worse than the virus and things will start to open up again in fits and starts as the snow flakes melt away.

I remember when AIDS first hit the scene and humanity was facing a grave crisis . 

Well , we got over that and have learnt to accept that it is with us and is not going away but yet not wiping us out.

Yes - but getting AIDS is contingent on repeatedly sticking your cock up another guys <deleted> and then moving onto another, and then banging a few chicks without condoms etc.

COVID 19 contraction relies only on your being in reasonable proximity to just another person.

But yes - you're right. - it is scary and exciting. (I'm so hard right now!)

And people will get bored VERY soon.

Especially when hunger kicks in and the crappiness of being confined to small spaces takes its toll.

I think (personally) we're only at the START. I predict at least 50Million are going to die.

China are being less than truthful about the current state of affairs - I just DO NOT BELIEVE it's over for them and they have it under control.

Heck - the country who wiped out the first 8 whistle blowers are suddenly being truthful and transparent.... Hell no!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, christophe75 said:

Stage 3 ?

Who cares ?

So what ?

So what ?

Sure, no bar the door Katie, the horse is out of the stable, let her rip, no segregation, no cares, just let it roar and take out anyone and everyone, You sure sound like the anti Vaccine community,  without finding a way to slow its spread this things can be bad, but i get it you just don't give a Fcuck about anyone but yourself, and your ability to do what you want.  What a spoiled person you are..... 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It's impossible to say how many cases there are in Thailand, because some people are asymptomatic. That is, they don't feel ill themselves, but are quite capable of infecting others.

If what the authorities are saying is true, Thailand is one of the better places to be. Permit me to doubt, however.

I beleive the number and as ussual even numbers reported in Western countries are not accurate as they simply cannot test everybody. They even cannot test all contacts. For the last few days, Thailand is reproting 30/day and today it jumped to 60.  Next week they will be reporting 200 cases per day. There is noway to stop it unless complete lock down is imposed. They are still allowing flights from European countries - the current epicenter of virus spread. In contrast India gas completely shut off all flights from Europena countries and appears to be containing it with linear growth in numbers. Thailand is heading towards grave danger  when hospitals will be overwelmed. They should close the border ohrwise next week will be utter chaos. I cant beleive that nobody in the government has capability to analyze Chinese and Italian data and come to conclusion that its growth is expoential? If not, please listen to the experts (doctors and virologists). DO what is necessary now. Next week may be too late to save lives.

Edited by Mulambana
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Thailand leadership has failed to react quickly enough to prevent widespread infection and overwhelmed medical facilities...if you are an elderly farang...hunker down in place and try to ride out this menace from the security of your home...

Not trying to be fair or unfair to the Thai government...the reality is no government anywhere in the world can stop or take actions that can truly stop this killer disease...all they are trying ...and in most cases failing...to do is slow it down to give hospitals any chance at coping with the inevitable overwhelming number of people who will need help.

Lock down and try and stay away from normal society for a few months if you are old or have underlying health issues 

• Like 1