Thailand to tighten entry rules for all nationalities in virus fight

snoop1130

20 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

"There is no health insurance anywhere in the world that would specifically cover COVID-19 infections;"

Not strictly true, I was offered just that today by Kasikorn Bank, and Bangkok Bank have also been offering Virus insurance.

How much ins premium you have to pay per year?

Idiotic. Sure, show your health certificate and insurance but then get sick after it incubates and proliferates the sickness to everyone here already. Close the darn borders. Bozos in the government. And that is disrespectful to the word Bozo. Sorry Bozo!

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Travellers to Thailand have to now show authorities a health certificate, issued no more than 72 hours before travelling, confirming that they have been tested and are free from the virus.

If you're an American looking to travel to or return to Thailand, good luck getting a CV test back home when you have absolutely no symptoms of any illness. Heck, even the really sick people right now are having a tough time getting tested. So if you're healthy, might as well forget about it...at least for the time being.

Especially if you're coming via heavily impacted CV areas (and West Coast international airports) such as Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

"There is no health insurance anywhere in the world that would specifically cover COVID-19 infections;"

Not strictly true, I was offered just that today by Kasikorn Bank, and Bangkok Bank have also been offering Virus insurance.

That may be. But what good is it to foreign visitors who must present their coverage to immigration on arrival (i.e. BEFORE they enter the country)? I also doubt that the Kasikorn and Bangkok Bank policies cover $100,000 minimum as required.

I might be wrong. if you have more information, please share.

Edited by Misterwhisper
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, nuckyt77 said:

Not good... You need USD 100.000 coverage not Thai Baht . 

I'm a permanent resident, living and working in Thailand and it is the maximum coverage available for COVID-19 as far as I am aware. 

As a foreigner, you need to have at least a work permit to get it though so it will be no good for tourists wanting to travel here anyway. 

7 minutes ago, rabas said:

My wife bought a policy for 950B from K bank, but they didn't take foreigners. So I bought one from SCB for 850B, who only requires that you have been here continuously from 6 months. I'm currently on a retirement visa. Only had to show my passport, no medical required.

And what's the extent of the coverage?

I very much doubt it's the new foreign entry requirement of $100,000 USD coverage!

8 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

That may be. But what good is it to foreign visitors who must present their coverage to immigration on arrival (i.e. BEFORE they enter the country)? I also doubt that the Kasikorn and Bangkok Bank policies cover $100,000 minimum as required.

I might be wrong. if you have more information, please share.

The Civil Air Authority of Thailand has issued an official advisory to all airline operators of these new entry requirements, with specific instructions to deny boarding. Therefore, they wouldn't even make it onto the plane to begin with.
Direct Link to their guidance document:
https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/CAAT-COVID-19-Practical-Guideline-18Mar20-1.pdf

Edited by audaciousnomad
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, rabas said:

My wife bought a policy for 950B from K bank, but they didn't take foreigners. So I bought one from SCB for 850B, who only requires that you have been here continuously from 6 months. I'm currently on a retirement visa. Only had to show my passport, no medical required.

I travel too much until now. so not even in the 6 month running. If I die I die, that is life. 

8 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

The Civil Air Authority of Thailand has issued an official advisory to all airline operators of these new entry requirements, with specific instructions to deny boarding. Therefore, they wouldn't even make it onto the plane to begin with.
Direct Link to their guidance document:
https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/CAAT-COVID-19-Practical-Guideline-18Mar20-1.pdf

Are these rules also include entering Thailand by boarder or just for airline arrivals to Thailand? 

Apart from the Insurance policy you need to do the Covid 19 medical test which my wife says will at least be 7,000 baht. I found this on prices from a news article 3 days ago. 

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2020/03/16/some-hospitals-apply-farang-pricing-for-coronavirus-testing/

I'm so worried as I need to do a visa run soon to Laos. Every day the restrictions get worse. I just feel like creeping into a hole and hiding until this is all over then plead ignorance and pay the overstay later on down the line.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Covid-19 has only  just started to  demonstrate  how ridiculously dependent humanity  has  been deluded. Covid-19 has  revealed the  danger of induced  apathy !

It certainly has a merciless way of surfacing hidden problems, such as coverups, corruption and all the other usual jazz in Thailand. Junta can't simply give the corona some attitude adjustment.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, glennb6 said:

Tourism 2019 was about 20% of thai GDP. Poof, annnnnnd it'd gone.

Ban government.

Not to mention Thailand is heavily exports dependent and logistics, especially air, are taking severe hits, collateral damage. Going to be an epic recession. Maybe that finally gets the mobs with pitchforks out and purges the old elites out.

• Like 2