Thailand to tighten entry rules for all nationalities in virus fight

snoop1130

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So here is the $64,000 Dollar question.  Where in ones insurance policy will it say "Covered for Corona Virus, COVID-19", Unless its a specific policy, another money maker for the MOPH and Thailand, a general policy will never include what sicknesses, illnesses are covered.  Maybe I am wrong, but I looked all over my Pacific Cross Policy book, and never did I see a named virus listed.  Called my agent, and yes your covered if you are sick and require medical care was the answer.....so there you have it, just my take on the COVID Policy.  I can sure see someone having a 100,000 USD HI policy and a medical certificate being denied entry because it does not say COVID-19 in the HI Policy......

look it up on google - they are specifically excluding cover for COVID 19

so Thailand asking for for it is "to be frank" idiotic but it is no surprise  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

"We are blocking infection from coming into the country that is why people need medical certificate and health insurance to enter Thailand," Prime Minister Prayuth said.

Jeez................if you'd done that 2 months ago Mr Chan-O-Cha, maybe you wouldn't have 272,000, sorry, 272 cases now.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, zydeco said:

Actually, they should. It's going to happen anyway. They're just putting a smiley face on it. That's okay. Everybody is shutting down. The only way to fight this thing. They actually did something good, to my mind.

No big deal. Farangs should get tested for Corona virus in their home countries ayway. If they test positive and survive then get a second test after 14 days, show the certificate, and feel safe and fine. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, carumego said:

Hello , does the governament know that health insurance

does not cover pandemic deseases

The real purpose is to block people from coming to Thailand.

How many people can afford US100,000 insurance even if health insurance covers that?

Told you once old Anutin got his way he'd have us all out...........

"Indeed, the charming health minister mentioned in the CNA interview last night that Thailand was reluctant to receive foreign visitors right now. By requiring a form that is impossible for people to obtain they've effectively closed the door"

I hope people get onto their Embassies and suggest that Thais are treat the same way abroad....... This guy's dangerous, more so than the virus........    Sad really.......

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Nemises said:

No big deal to get a virus test and travel insurance prior to heading to Thailand.

So many negative nellies on here.

Can you or anyone else confirm - we need travel insurance, not health insurance. And that is must be up to $100k, but does not need to specifically include COVID-19 cover?

7 hours ago, unsubscribe said:

The initial wave is supposed to run through August, is September too optimistic? 

I remember when the world wide recession hit - everyone said it would be over next year. 8 years later......................

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Nothing is mentioned about those with existing retirement visa, work permit etc. 

Are they allowed to come back to Thailand after exiting without the health insurance ?

why would they be ?

does having a 12 month extension or a work permit protect you from the virus 

2 minutes ago, Nemises said:

No big deal to get a virus test and travel insurance prior to heading to Thailand.

So many negative nellies on here.

Just because the health certificate are easy to get in Thailand doesn't mean it's available all over the world.
Most hospitals are overloaded because of the situation and don't have time to issue such documents only for travel.
The requirement has also left many Thai's standard again as well.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, monkfish said:

Where to get these medical certificates I've seen they are issuing them in Thailand after a negative test but are other countries also issuing them?
According to this source the requirement is also for Thai.
https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/03/19/prayut-orders-all-travelers-to-present-virus-certificate/

This seems like a block on travellers without directly blocking them I wonder why.

Guess the ones that survived the infection and are now immune should be welcome.

Proof of immunity: 2 test results - 1st positive, 2nd negative. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

Last year, farangs wanted:   1. a weaker baht.  2.  less chinese   3.  less traffic.  

OK, you got all these things farangs!!!!!!!!!!

remember this for the future........enjoy your life, and don't worry

This year they want you to take a bath.

Spend all your money and leave.

• Haha 2

Anutin strikes back at the "Dirty Farangs"...........  Imagine if this nut job ever got to the top ?    What they don't understand is that people only came to Thailand to meet interesting well traveled people who were a laugh to be around, nothing to do with Thais or Thai culture. Now there's very few people here that you can sit down and have a good laugh with...... Crusty old farts and English teachers.......  Truthfully it died when the bht crashed, too expensive, not funny, and now the powers that be are sticking their oar in too much, years ago you never had any of this Thai/ Foreigner meddling........ Now look at the place and tell me it's a pleasure being here ?     Time to drain the swamp........ 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, carumego said:

Hello , does the governament know that health insurance

does not cover pandemic deseases

show me the words in your Health Insurance policy that say's pandemic's not covered?  Now a Travel Insurance policy is different and can exclude pandemics, but for a regular health insurance carrier I will believe it when I see it.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Guess the ones that survived the infection and are now immune should be welcome.

Proof of immunity: 2 test results - 1st positive, 2nd negative. 

What are you talking about? There is no immunity. This isn't the chicken pox. It simply means you currently do not have the virus. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, moogradod said:

Having a passport of these countries or flying in /having visited these countries ? So an Indian flying in from Italy would not be subject to the requirement ? There is something seriously wrong here. I would buy it if it reads "flying in from / visited "Britain, Denmak, France etc....")

There is nothing about this on the TAT Info website. More fake news I suspect and hope

https://www.tatnews.org/2020/03/tat-update-thailand-public-health-ministry-updated-covid-19-control-measures-for-travellers/

To the idiots who say that no-one wants to come here and to close the Boarders, my wife is due to fly in from Indonesia on Wednesday. At the moment she can get here. I have seen her for 7 days so far this year so this is a big thing for us. There is life beyond tourism and people still need to travel for many reasons.

3 minutes ago, sammael said:

Of course there is an immunity. You can be immune to anything. That’s what antibodies are for. How do you think vaccines work?

confer immunity by subjecting the patient to attenuated virion particles or weakened virion.   

They should try Yellow fever injection that knocked me out that did

14 hours ago, keemapoot said:

The Thai Embassy in Tokyo states this will be effective from the 21st of March with respect to the health certificate, but as of yet there is no stated date for the proof of insurance coverage. The health certificate merely has to be a "fit to fly" certificate and state you have no fever or other symptoms, but does not require exactly that you have been tested and proven free from Covid-19, which would be impossible for most people.

In any event, this is pretty difficult for most people anyway, and almost impossible for many people coming from countries that do not have these available in English language. 

* Just reading a social media comment - A Thai spoke to the Okaka Thai consulate and they insisted it had to be a Covid-19 certificate. Obviously, this is very expensive, or just mostly not available in most places for a discretionary purposes like this. Another brilliant policy move.

In the UK, to make a appointment with your local Doctor can take up to 4 weeks waiting, and without a proper test for Covid 19,(which can only be given if you have symptoms) it seems a impossible task, I will not be making my regular 3 times a year trip to Thailand until all this blows over

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, smedly said:

look it up on google - they are specifically excluding cover for COVID 19

so Thailand asking for for it is "to be frank" idiotic but it is no surprise  

I wish I could say you were right but it is not excluded from my Thai Health Insurance Policy or my US based Blue Cross/Blue Shield policy. In fact my US based insurer will pay for extra testing as well as anything needed.  Not sure where your getting your information, but its incorrect. Now travel Insurance is a different story, they can and will exclude pandemics and epidemics.

• Like 1

As the subject keeps coming up about Insurance coverage  I just checked my health insurance policy, purchased inside Thailand. AETNA and there are no exclusions for pandemics, corona virus, new viruses etc. and I have coverage if needed.

Edited by WalkingOrders
Clarity
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

show me the words in your Health Insurance policy that say's pandemic's not covered?  Now a Travel Insurance policy is different and can exclude pandemics, but for a regular health insurance carrier I will believe it when I see it.

Just checked mine. Covered. AETNA, bought inside Thailand. Health ins.

3 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

As the subject keeps coming up about Insurance coverage  I just checked my health insurance policy, purchased inside Thailand. AETNA and there are no exclusions for pandemics, corona virus, new viruses etc. and I have coverage if needed.

Just as I found with Pacific Cross.

• Like 1

Arrived late last night from Yangon and transited through Swampy to Phuket. I was not asked for medical certificate (which I got in Myanmar yesterday). I was not asked for proof of health insurance (which I have). I was not told to self isolate (which I am doing) and there was no mention of loading an App on my phone (although people coming through regular immigration seemed to be doing that as I passed on my way to transit).

I scanned my fingerprints but there was no hand sanitiser. I had my own travel bottle so was regularly sanitising throughout the trip.

Typically there seems to be a lot of inconsistency in the way this pandemic is being dealt with.

• Like 1