Thailand’s PM will take decisive action over COVID-19, but at the right time

rooster59

24 minutes ago, Brigand said:

To be a little more practical regarding paper money, then iron it briefly at a high temperature and wash hands afterwards as the temperature of the iron will nuke anything.

Absolutely!!! And smear the alcohol gel onto the iron's handle (if you have any that is). Can make a gel with Lao Khao and garlic, if there is none in your parts.

Also, leave all doors ajar. So they can be opened with the elbow or knee.

Take your lead from the Skripal affair in England. Can't be too careful out there.

I've said it before and it's worth repeating. Keep tuned in to TVForum for the truth and common sense.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Should I be worried that our illustrious leader obviously hasn’t got a clue what to do? Nah, it’s only a deadly virus, mail pen rai eh.

This is the same man who continued to let Chinese tourists in when he should have shut the door.

I can sympathise (sort of).

Should I worry about water for my rice fields...? or...

Our PM and the whole government are a clownshow.

Uncle Too ain't gonna get much love...

1 hour ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Should I be worried that our illustrious leader obviously hasn’t got a clue what to do? Nah, it’s only a deadly virus, mail pen rai eh.

This is the same man who continued to let Chinese tourists in when he should have shut the door.

But I just read an article that said the Chinese tourists are ready to travel from China again.....what's a guy to do when there's money to be made.....will the correct decision be made.  Let the reinfection begin.......but I had a doctors cert saying I was clear and negative, how the h.. did I get it again by traveling from Wuhan to Thailand...

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

But I just read an article that said the Chinese tourists are ready to travel from China again.

I doubt any insurance company is daft enough to cover this virus and right now no one gets into thailand without health insurance and a health certificate. The Thais got something right at last but were a bit late shutting the door.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, dinsdale said:

It's too late now. More these idiots hold off the worse it's going to be. I would love to know the real figures. X10+ is probably more like it. Officially 279 active cases with only 1 serious/critical.

I have my doubts there are many severe cases, otherwise evidence would be plastered all over the forum. The tourist areas would be hit hardest first, and we'd have BM's posting about it.

Anecdotally, I did have a persistent sore throat earlier in the month, doc prescribed antibiotics and mostly cleared in 2 days, *but* it took a long time to recover that last 10%. Felt a little under the weather for about 10 days, mostly keeping to my room.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Vigilante said:

Quarantine cometh

The only question in my mind is if he will go for the whole country or start with big cities first.

Let's hope we don't get a 2-hour warning

They've already started arriving in Hua Hin, I've seen lights on in buildings which only get turned on over Songkran or major holidays, if even then.

They will bring it with them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Nobody can be in any doubt now this PM and his government are incompetence personified, would be amusing if the situation was not so serious.

I am in no way defending this incompetent man or the other Elected officials, as they are former army people with no training in anything else, so their lack of knowledge can be expected. 
My question is, where are the health officials, chief medical officer, health academics with knowledge in contagion, containment, demography, population health and affiliated  disciplines?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brickbat said:

There’s no panic here like there’s in the West. And the numbers are no as alarming. So the Govt here does seem to have a handle on this crisis

Hard to say that when no knowledge of numbers tested, especially in regional rural areas and poor reporting, let alone health facilities in those areas

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brickbat said:

There’s no panic here like there’s in the West. And the numbers are no as alarming. So the Govt here does seem to have a handle on this crisis

Europe huge numbers infected and dead; nearby countries like China and SK, huge numbers infected and dead; Thailand, which has continually allowed visitors from heavily infected countries, very low numbers and deaths. Why is that? Are they strangely all asymptomatic then, or something else maybe. The 'government' does not have a handle on anything, bar the breaking of democracy.

On 3/21/2020 at 12:41 AM, Vigilante said:

Quarantine cometh

The only question in my mind is if he will go for the whole country or start with big cities first.

Let's hope we don't get a 2-hour warning

Similar to Retiree's trying to return to the country,and  having to try and arrange medical when its nigh impossible to get anything done,clearance certs and COVID-19 Insurance in 1 day before it hit the weekend...Ludicrous.

On 3/21/2020 at 7:32 AM, rooster59 said:

ready to take decisive action at the appropriate time

I do believe the appropriate time is long past. Slamming the door on Chinese tourism 2-3 months ago was the appropriate time!  Locking the stable door after the horse has escaped is too late!  All the unemployed workers from Bangkok are now returning to their home villages - how many are carrying the virus?

Self quarantine - stay safe!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, dinsdale said:

It's too late now. More these idiots hold off the worse it's going to be. I would love to know the real figures. X10+ is probably more like it. Officially 279 active cases with only 1 serious/critical.

Could easily be 100 times the official figures.  Don't kid yourself people this has been brewing since the Wuhan and Chinese tourists arrived and continued to arrive unabated since November. It will now run through the population.  Better not worry about getting it you probably will at some time so get ready to fight it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

My question is, where are the health officials, chief medical officer, health academics with knowledge in contagion, containment, demography, population health and affiliated  disciplines?

Ignored by the publicity seeking Public Health Minisiter Anutin.

1 hour ago, DJ54 said:

How many went and panicked buying toilet paper... then 

got home and didn’t know what to use it for... the bum?

Thai's use toilet paper to wipe there hands dry, wipe there faces after they eat.  Have you not observed it on the tables in the roll holders, its either that or tissues. Never understood why a proper napkin or paper towel was not used, but after living here for many years, its not practical to buy as its a little cost prohibitive. 

55 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

Could easily be 100 times the official figures.  Don't kid yourself people this has been brewing since the Wuhan and Chinese tourists arrived and continued to arrive unabated since November. It will now run through the population.  Better not worry about getting it you probably will at some time so get ready to fight it.

If this was the case hospitals would be overflowing people would be dying and this would be all over social media. It is not. While I dont trust the numers they can't be off by a 100 that is just plain crazy. 3 or 4 times the numbers sure like on par with countries like UK.

But dont forget warm weather is the enemy of this virus, something Europe did not have but Thailand did. So tha could explain part of it.

• Like 1

This just in...

THAILAND - published 20.03.2020
Items 1 and 2 are effective 00:00 local time 22 March 2020:
1. Nationals of Thailand must have a 'FIT TO FLY' medical certificate issued by a Thai Embassy or Consular.
2. All passengers other than nationals of Thailand must have:
- a Health Certificate and Lab Test COVID-19 to prove they are free from Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Health Certificate and Lab Test COVID-19 must be valid for not more than 72 hours prior to departure, and
- a medical insurance with coverage of 100,000 USD.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm