Any Of You Commute To A Different Country From Los For Work?

glenbat

Bit of an extension from quemlum's earlier post was wondering how many (if any) of you commute to earn your wage then return to LOS to 'live'. I know a lot of you are lucky enough to have retired etc and have no need to work but do any of you do say 6 months in your home country/country with decent wage, then return to LOS for 6 months to live your life doing very little?

This is what I do..

I return to the UK for 6 months to work, put in as many hours as possible, then back to Thailand for 6 months and relax (wife permitting :o )

totster :D

Do you permanent homes in both countries, Tots?

This is what I do..

I return to the UK for 6 months to work, put in as many hours as possible, then back to Thailand for 6 months and relax (wife permitting :o )

No, just in Thailand..

This is what I do..

No, just in Thailand..

Do you rent in the UK?

What do you do Totster, when back in the UK?

Guemlum

I work in the call centre industry, mainly training

Do you rent in the UK?

Well, kind of... I'm quite lucky to be able to stay with family here, paying my way obviously

totster :o

This is what I do..

I return to the UK for 6 months to work, put in as many hours as possible, then back to Thailand for 6 months and relax (wife permitting :D )

Same same but job different. Been back in this god foresaken country eight weeks now but going back for a few weeks at end of the month :o

i just started my part-time assignment in vietnam. it was agreed my time will be split 30% vietnam, 70% bangkok, but the opportunities here are so great, the company is already hinting that i should spend more time in vn, relocate if possible, they even bait me with a lead role in one of the cities here. naturally i'm thinking this over, i love thailand, but vietnam has its attractions too, business wise its a no-brainer. plus i'm so sick of the way thailand is so self absorbed and directionless, with no clear way forward for the next year at least. my story is a real life example of the waning investor interest in thailand, i am literally one of those corporate resources being relocated to greener pastures elsewhere.

I have been working a 3 week rotation to Scotland since 2002 its a lot of flying but I like having the break from Asia. I don't know if I would be happy full time in Thailand too many little things start to get on my nerves. :o

My (Thai) wife and I are humanitarian aid workers. I am on a 12 month spouse visa in Thailand but Immigration are not concerned if I do not report in every 3 months if I am out of the country. Currently we are working in Banda Aceh, Indonesia and probably move to Vietnam in 4 to 6 weeks. Previously Afghanistan, Pakistan and east Timor.

We have a great house in Isaan near Buri ram which is locked up when we are away. Wife's niece next door looks after the ranch when we are away and car is locked up and covered under the side verandah. Get home every 6 to 8 weeks for 7 to 10 days and great to have such a good refuge - mow the lawn, prune the bushes, drink some cold beer, eat good ahahn, have a few parties with the family and just relax. Mind you I have a great missus. She has travelled all over the world with me and is a pretty smart switched on chick. That helps believe me. :o