Thailand reports 106 new coronavirus cases and 3 deaths

webfact

12 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Truth is not valued in Thai society, only what is convenient for the purposes of the moment is important, and any moral messages are lost very quickly. It's possible, perhaps even probable, that there are some people in Thailand (including in the government) who value truth for its own sake, but in my view, it's a very small percentage people who are smart enough to the stand above the prevailing culture. Thai culture, apart from not valuing truth, is extremely intolerant of people who do no people who do not comply with the Borg, and who wish to follow their conscience. Thai culture is a group game, not an individual game, and people that do not comply are quickly ostracised or otherwise punished for the impertinence (or, more accurately the impudence thinking they're better than other Thais). Like forest animals in a forest clearing, they were always equate what is culturally familiar, with what is safe.

Yes, these are characteristics of a not-yet-modern society with a small & politically weak bourgeoisie. As the latter grows in numbers & power, and the expectation of planning, law & clarity that go with it, so Thai culture will change.

But it's a 50-year project and hardly begun. Meantime the feudals, plutocrats & generals do whatever they want.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

So the health ministry said a second person has die from the virus.

Anybody who believes its only 2 is deluding themselves.

Who is the health minister..................... Anutin, he could not even lie straight in bed.

If you think he tells whoppers, how's this for a double with cheese: https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/myanmar-in-denial-with-zero-covid-19-case-claim/

Anyone currently in Thailand care to weigh in on these headlines of Thailand blaming Caucasians?

Is there a sense that your safety might be in jeopardy or do most Thais ignore this narrative?

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thailand-increasingly-blaming-caucasians-for-coronavirus-crisis

image.png.86ffbff43049fd815d967ad303199980.png

Edited by unsubscribe
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, unsubscribe said:

Anyone currently in Thailand care to weigh in on these headlines of Thailand blaming Caucasians?

Is there a sense that your safety might be in jeopardy or do most Thais ignore this narrative?

I would say from personal experience most ignore, the title of that article is classic clickbait. There is a strong narrative built on here though, but in the real world I havent noticed where I am.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, unsubscribe said:

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thailand-increasingly-blaming-caucasians-for-coronavirus-crisis

Caucasians did not swim here or get turned away at entry, those who control should have faced up to the facts in front of them.....

No passing the buck, we all knew the facts.... 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, unsubscribe said:

I think it's sensationalism with a pinch of distorted truth blended with Chinese propaganda. In my part of Thailand the thai  are as sympathetic as usual. 

• Thanks 2

Look on the bright side, the number of new cases isn't increasing by 50% every day like in some countries. In fact, the numbers have been decreasing now for two days in a row. In Italy the same thing has just happened and it's being hailed as a possible turning point there. I know the official Thai numbers are dodgy, but what else do we have to go on? Guesswork and gossip are even worse than dodgy official statistics. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Funny how they are pushing the underlying heath issues. I wonder in the total world population what percentage of people have underlying heath issues. I would think the percentage would be quite high. Then you could break it down a bit. 20-40 yrs, 40-50, etc. One would have to think that the majority of deaths, being that they are mostly but not exclusively older people, will have one or more underlying health problems. So! Is it going to be here that every person who dies from the CCP virus the underlying health issues will be stated in some bizaar blame shifting game. Thier death is due to, exacerbated or not by underlying health issues, contracting CCPsarscovid2.

Underlying health issues have been major statistics all over the world since the outset of the virus, why is it only here that you see a bizarre blame shifting game?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Might be even older than that (81). An eye opening read tell you all you need to know about Italy and why what happened there will NOT happen in Thailand no matter what: https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

The panic needs to stop. Just ride it out until there's herd immunity - that's the only real option.

A very interesting read indeed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

So the health ministry said a second person has die from the virus.

Anybody who believes its only 2 is deluding themselves.

Who is the health minister..................... Anutin, he could not even lie straight in bed.

The article says THREE new fatalities among confirmed COVID cases.

1 minute ago, IamNoone88 said:

Taweesin added that all the medical personnel got infected because patients lied or did not reveal their travel history..... I wonder if the frontline staff were adequately protected as they should be?

Against lying....?  ????

• Haha 2